• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ODEX your CM10.1 (even latest!)

Search This thread

Nixoman

Apr 26, 2012
Kula/Novi Sad
If you want to know what is diference between odex and deodex, google it...
for me Odex means better battery and faster loading of apps (NOT performance)

this is original thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1514576

TUtorial in short:

***Odex your brand new rom, without any modification***

after flashing your rom, folow this steps

1. download app
2. instal and run
3. grant permision with superuser
4. confirm and wait till the odexing completes (it will reboot and you need to wait 20 min max)
5. thats it!!!!!

P.S.!!! If you dont like it or you think there is no a positive efects, simple reflash your rom

thank you for your time, see you next time

Attachments

• com.modaco.odexme.apk
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,663
  • Screenshot_2013-02-19-22-26-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-22-26-46.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,915
Last edited:

Eduardogv

Mar 28, 2012
Lima
Hmm i have a question .. if you odex the rom it creates an odex file for each app so this means that the rom size is incremented?? or the odex file save espace in the dalvik-cache partition?

Nixoman

Apr 26, 2012
Kula/Novi Sad
@Eduard, yes size get bigger but thats not the point of odex...last night, i was chating and listening music for 5 hours, my GPS was turned on, i didnt even know that, and i still get 29% battery...

to ALL:

some OPs dont care about spams in there threads or they just cant do anything about it...
On di other hand, i can! Stop posting rubish, or you ll get reported and not just for 1 post, im gonna report every single post you make if you post some bullshait in my thread! Keep it clean!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eduardogv

dzeig

Jan 7, 2013
thanks for sharing guys.

i've partially odexed my rom. i removed these apps first: contacts, mms, phone, settings and systemui, before odexing. everything went well, and it is able to change the theme.

hsay

May 18, 2012
pune
whats so hard to think about partial odexing ?
in themes, generally phone, systemUI and contacts are themed..so remove them from rom and odex ur rom..after odexing simply put back ur files..u can do that for any system app..
same goes for the framework folder

That exactly what is partial odexing but don't keep too many apps deodexed then the point of odexing in the first place would be lost and actually partially odexing reduces stability .
So if theming is not your cup of tea just odex all and enjoy

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts