Odin 1.85

Search This thread

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
For anyone that doesn't have it yet.

MD5: 69b41fc23052e9df82b5464928583b65

Posted new version with proper download mode notes, thanks to Kn0wBuddy, which are

hold Vdown+Power

Don't use the put included with this. I did not realize that was left in there. I will update with the correct pit once I get to my computer.

Last edited:

jirafabo

Dec 4, 2007
Orlando
Thanks! Haven't touched Odin in a while, I'm a few updates back. Good to see it'll work on our new phones... now... how come nobody has root yet?

Ninjack

Jun 18, 2010
Comming from a Evo 4g...was wondering...I looked at this and it says to hit the 1 key...I am guessing we do not need to do this for the E4T ? And I guess Odin is what we use to flash things to the phone ?

When I did the Evo, I had to do the old school root. Unrevoked and all that was not around lol..

cruckus

Sep 12, 2010
Just found out I get the phone for free with cyanogen working for Samsung will the phone be worth it or should I stick with my Evo 3d and Droid x? Plus never used Odin before really just helped people root their phones with it along time ago it just unlocks the phone right?

deano0714

Sep 9, 2010
Just found out I get the phone for free with cyanogen working for Samsung will the phone be worth it or should I stick with my Evo 3d and Droid x? Plus never used Odin before really just helped people root their phones with it along time ago it just unlocks the phone right?
Odin flashes your phone to coplete stock... or whatever you want

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
Comming from a Evo 4g...was wondering...I looked at this and it says to hit the 1 key...I am guessing we do not need to do this for the E4T ? And I guess Odin is what we use to flash things to the phone ?

When I did the Evo, I had to do the old school root. Unrevoked and all that was not around lol..

Right those instructions are carried over from the Epic. I will update them once I get the E4GT.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

latinmaxima

Mar 8, 2010
I think I read already. There were screenshots already posted. I should also have this Friday morning if Sprint doesn't open it up Thursday night or Best Buy even.

Correction. This was posted in E4GT General.

You get to *odin mode* by holding down volumne + and - keys at the same time along with the power key, release power key when device turns on while continuing to hold + and - keys untill the droid guy screen comes on, then release.

Glad to see you over here by the way Crawrj. I take it your upgrading as well. Look forward to your first plus kernel for this thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: latindor17

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
I think I read already. There were screenshots already posted. I should also have this Friday morning if Sprint doesn't open it up Thursday night or Best Buy even.

You get to *odin mode* by holding down volumne + and - keys at the same time along with the power key, release power key when device turns on while continuing to hold + and - keys untill the droid guy screen comes on, then release.

Glad to see you over here by the way Crawrj. I take it your upgrading as well. Look forward to your first plus kernel for this thing.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Sean-El

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Odin flashes your phone to coplete stock... or whatever you want

yeah like deano said, you can flash ANYTHING. once AdamOutler gets started on development for our device, we will be able to flash custom bootloaders like the Captivate can, for those who dont know, the Captivate was recently able to flash the Nexus S bootloader which means it is basically a Nexus S in disguise lol. Odin will also let us falsh stock and custom ROMs and kerenls as well as Modems (radios) plus recoveries such as CWM.

Reactions: reverepats

Rev3ge07

Apr 28, 2010
El paso
Also if anything screws up its ur way outta trouble...things such as "omg i'm bricked" and "help i'm stuck on the boot logo" won't be seen as much in the Q and A section as much... get to know Odin referring to people coming from EVO or any other phone Odin is ur new bff

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Odin is great. It was almost impossible to brick the Epic with it. If you get any kind of phone life, you can almost always get it back to stock and start again. Also, 30 seconds to flash a different modem. We had some great stock GB leaks with Busybox,Superuser included (thanks Crawrj.) Great tool.

Reactions: Samahito

deano0714

Sep 9, 2010
Odin is great. It was almost impossible to brick the Epic with it. If you get any kind of phone life, you can almost always get it back to stock and start again. Also, 30 seconds to flash a different modem. We had some great stock GB leaks with Busybox,Superuser included (thanks Crawrj.) Great tool.

I wonder if the original gsII's cwm will work for us...

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
can some one post a good repository or online dummy guide for those who have no clue what Odin is even still after reading these posts? I consider my self tech savy, but only getting introduce to "root" on the evo, i will be the first to admit i have a lot to learn.

Reactions: DutchDogg54

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
can some one post a good repository or online dummy guide for those who have no clue what Odin is even still after reading these posts? I consider my self tech savy, but only getting introduce to "root" on the evo, i will be the first to admit i have a lot to learn.

Its really not that involved. All you do is put a tar file in "phone" and a pit file in "Pit" and select run and let it do its thing. Modems get flashed in "PDA" section and that's basically it. There is more detail but that's a quick rundown. I am not the most tech saavy myself but you catch on quick. I have used it 50+ times. I will try to run down a more thorough description.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone that doesn't have it yet.

MD5: 69b41fc23052e9df82b5464928583b65

Posted new version with proper download mode notes, thanks to Kn0wBuddy, which are

hold Vdown+Power

Don't use the put included with this. I did not realize that was left in there. I will update with the correct pit once I get to my computer.

Its really not that involved. All you do is put a tar file in "phone" and a pit file in "Pit" and select run and let it do its thing. Modems get flashed in "PDA" section and that's basically it. There is more detail but that's a quick rundown. I am not the most tech saavy myself but you catch on quick. I have used it 50+ times. I will try to run down a more thorough description.

Here's a qbking video showing Odin to go from stock Froyo to Gingerbread leak on the Epic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nst4wvuM4zs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And one more video showing using Odin to go back to stock when rooted and/or using custom ROM...
    Also if anything screws up its ur way outta trouble...things such as "omg i'm bricked" and "help i'm stuck on the boot logo" won't be seen as much in the Q and A section as much... get to know Odin referring to people coming from EVO or any other phone Odin is ur new bff

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App