• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ODIN][5-30-11][Mesmerize] Froyo EE19 stock update

Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
This is the EE19 Froyo update package for the Mesmerize. This build replaces any build dated prior or not dated in the name. It is also only for the Mesmerize. I am not responsible for what happens if you flash it to other phones.

This is just an update package, just like what you would get from the USCC home page. I have just pulled it out of Kies build form and turned it into an Odin build for our convenience. What this means, is that you will likely not lose anything that you have downloaded from the market if you just flash the package. What you must understand, is that there may be differences in the packages themselves. If you flash and experience FC's (force closes) on packages after the flash when you first boot up, then you will need to do a wipe data/factory reset and probably flash again.

To use these files: unzip and then flash in Odin using the directions below.

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

1. Pull your phone battery
2. Start Odin
3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
-your phone should go into download mode
6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
-if not, try another USB port
7. Click Start

It will look similar to this. -- and when i say similar, I mean 'not exactly like'
Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize EE19 stock update

OK. New upload that has been verified good downloaded and md5 checksum is checking out now.

Stock means not rooted. If you want to root this build, SOC should still do the trick. I will have a PnP for it soon.

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Do we know what all has changed/been updated? I looked on the uscc page but no info was there. As always thanks for your work . It is always appreciated

Tap-a-Talked

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Do we know what all has changed/been updated? I looked on the uscc page but no info was there. As always thanks for your work . It is always appreciated

Tap-a-Talked

Yeah, this is another of my source leaks. I sometimes get them before the company does. This won't be released for a little bit on the website, but it is coming.

As far as what is different, there are bug fixes that may or may not affect everyone. From what I have read, the main fix is a missed call bug that was actually present back in 2.1 and carried over into 2.2 that was finally found and fixed. As for anything else, I'm just getting into it, so we'll see what it has to offer.

Reactions: Sc0tt777

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Ah you the man. One last question. If we odin this does it wipe the phone. For example in on heinz and themes and such. Will this on undo all that or will this just update what's already on the phone.

Tap-a-Talked

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
Ah you the man. One last question. If we odin this does it wipe the phone. For example in on heinz and themes and such. Will this on undo all that or will this just update what's already on the phone.

Tap-a-Talked

I assume we'll have to create new theme's and rom's from this build so if you don't want stock you'll have to wait until things roll out.

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
I assume we'll have to create new theme's and rom's from this build so if you don't want stock you'll have to wait until things roll out.

its gonna be fun on a bun!!!! as soon as hes got the PnP released for this ill get themes ported to it...will also have no clock mod, puzzle mod, and ill see if i can get puzzle answer without tsm parts but i dont know how well that will work

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
That's cool with me. No hurry I've been happy with this setup since I got it and don't mind waiting till things get rolling. You guys rock

Tap-a-Talked

Tortuga1234

Mar 20, 2010
Big thanks for this! The missed calls were a pain!

On first try I got a MD5 hash value is invalid error.
so got some info on the error code and got it to go by deleting the md5 in the file name and just leaving it as .tar

Iguana775

Jun 22, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Kick ass. I'll try this tomorrow since I'm out of town right now. Hope this solves my missed calls/texts issue.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

wizayne

Dec 23, 2010
Did the fascinate suffer from this bug?

If we are using a VZW rom/radio, would the bug still affecT me? ...i suppose the amazing builders that make this device worth owning will be hard at work on framework updates? Thanx for the package!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

wizayne

Dec 23, 2010
From what I can tell on ec01 I missed even more calls then when on ec10

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Then I bet vzw had their own update coming soon

but this tells me that all their programmers aren't working on GB yet!

As usual the biggest obstacle to the progress of cm7 is samsung! Gah ...hopefully these bugs were fixed finally! I've missed at least a few importanto calls
Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
Big thanks for this! The missed calls were a pain!

On first try I got a MD5 hash value is invalid error.
so got some info on the error code and got it to go by deleting the md5 in the file name and just leaving it as .tar

MD5 is a checksum process to make sure you're not flashing a corrupted file, by removing that from the name you're also removing the md5 check, I don't think that's a good idea even tho it may still work. I haven't tried this yet so I'm not sure but sounds like a corrupted download would be the cause.

Reactions: Tortuga1234

Tortuga1234

Mar 20, 2010
Oh, Thanks for the heads up!
Flashed, rooted, and got OTB on it before bed and it has been running very smooth ever since.

Sent from my SCH-I500

jeremym8

Mar 11, 2009
I am running stock Rom but using Voodoo kernel and voodoo lagfix. Can I just disable lagfix and then flash this in Odin?

Sorry for my ignorance, just wasn't sure if I need to revert everything back to stock before flashing this.

Thanks!

ACLakey

Mar 18, 2011
K. Falls, OR
Thank you, I will be following this one. My only complaint with this phone has been missed calls. I am also interested in how this will work with Heinz 57 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the EE19 Froyo update package for the Mesmerize. This build replaces any build dated prior or not dated in the name. It is also only for the Mesmerize. I am not responsible for what happens if you flash it to other phones.

This is just an update package, just like what you would get from the USCC home page. I have just pulled it out of Kies build form and turned it into an Odin build for our convenience. What this means, is that you will likely not lose anything that you have downloaded from the market if you just flash the package. What you must understand, is that there may be differences in the packages themselves. If you flash and experience FC's (force closes) on packages after the flash when you first boot up, then you will need to do a wipe data/factory reset and probably flash again.

To use these files: unzip and then flash in Odin using the directions below.

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

1. Pull your phone battery
    2. Start Odin
    3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
    4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
    5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
    -your phone should go into download mode
    6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
    -if not, try another USB port
    7. Click Start

It will look similar to this. -- and when i say similar, I mean 'not exactly like'
    Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize EE19 stock update

OK. New upload that has been verified good downloaded and md5 checksum is checking out now.

Stock means not rooted. If you want to root this build, SOC should still do the trick. I will have a PnP for it soon.
    Honestly I don't think I would love android the way I do if it wasn't for you guys on XDA. You Devs are truely appreciated.

Tap-a-Talked

Thank you. It's really nice to hear that.

Tap-a-Talked

Yeah, this is another of my source leaks. I sometimes get them before the company does. This won't be released for a little bit on the website, but it is coming.

As far as what is different, there are bug fixes that may or may not affect everyone. From what I have read, the main fix is a missed call bug that was actually present back in 2.1 and carried over into 2.2 that was finally found and fixed. As for anything else, I'm just getting into it, so we'll see what it has to offer.
    ok, so after it converted to the winrar file renaming it once again with the .md5 at the end did the trick. go figure.
    ok i updated through odin and now when I go to the recovery screen I dont have clockwork. I just have android recovery. How do I get back to clockwork so I can flash the phone to heinz57 build? My phone is also stuck in airplane mode and I cant do anything. Any help here?

Thank bdemartino for this post I feel he deserves his credit. If you just want cwm 2.5 with amend don't flash one of the update zips the Odin is 2.5

And as for the airplane mode I have no idea. Was it working correctly before you updated? If so it could possibly be a bad or corrupt file make sure the md5 sum matches.

Tha'ts because you don't have update.zip on your sd card or (which really isn't even needed anymore) because this odin package doesn't include CWm recovery so you wouldn't be able to do so.

If you want CWM3 - use one of the 3 dfgas has built off of fascinate sources - but you won't be able to flash them until you use odin to flash jt's 2.5.x recovery (you need CWM to flash the package's dfgas put together)

1. Download and flash this in odin -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=556634&d=1301538947
    2. Download and flash one of these through recovery -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7V0INE0