Odin fails to flash stock firmware

Search This thread

ToadNugget

Mar 27, 2021
So I have an old SM-G920W8 that was with Rogers, but when I turned it on it would get stuck on the galaxy s6 screen. So I tried entering the recovery thing or whatever it was called but there was text at the top left that said "recovery is not seandroid enforcing", so then I tried to flash the stock firmware back on with Odin 3.10.6 with the ROM I got from Frija, but it fails every time.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
So I have an old SM-G920W8 that was with Rogers, but when I turned it on it would get stuck on the galaxy s6 screen. So I tried entering the recovery thing or whatever it was called but there was text at the top left that said "recovery is not seandroid enforcing", so then I tried to flash the stock firmware back on with Odin 3.10.6 with the ROM I got from Frija, but it fails every time.
Hmm ... Should work.
Have you downloaded the correct firmware?
Best to check the installation guide again and repeat it:

Keep in mind that flashing a different CSC with Odin needs doing a factory reset with doing data.
That is why I always prefer using "Home_CSC" to keep my CSC and data.

ToadNugget

Mar 27, 2021
Hmm ... Should work.
Have you downloaded the correct firmware?
Best to check the installation guide again and repeat it:

Keep in mind that flashing a different CSC with Odin needs doing a factory reset with doing data.
That is why I always prefer using "Home_CSC" to keep my CSC and data.
OK I tried that, but then it said "SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE: 5, BINARY: 3" and now the screen wont turn on

lenco75

Nov 26, 2021
Hi Guys,

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note N7000

Power On: Stuck with popup "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again"

Stock ROM: can't locate firmware for those BL, AP, CP, CSC files

Anyone can help? Appreciated.

Cheers