• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ODIN Flashable Lollipop Bootloader and Modem N9005

Search This thread

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
What is the advantages with this Odin flashable file containing only the lollipop bootloader and modem?
- It means you can flash it in ODIN, without having to wipe your beloved custom ROM or Recovery to get the Lollipop Bootloader and Modem :)

The firmware I extracted the modem and bootloader from is the Polish XEO version.

Info from Sammobile.com:

Model SM-N9005
Model name GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Country Poland
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 3643614
Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:57:23 +0000
Product code XEO
PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
CSC N9005XEOGBOA4

Please follow these steps if you would like to flash:

1. Completely turn of your phone, usb cable must me disconnected.
2. After the phone is turned off, remove the battery for 5 seconds
3. Put the battery back in and boot directly in to download mode (vol down + home + power) then press vol up 1 time to enter download mode.
4. Open ODIN on your PC and put the downloaded file in the AP section (Odin v3.09)
5. Now connect your phone to the pc via USB
6. When you can se that the phone is connected to Odin, press start and just let Odin do its thing.
7. Check on your phone if the bootloader and modem has updated. I use an app called Phone Info Samsung from the play store.
8. Profit

When I did the flash as described above everything went perfect.
I have read that some people haveing issues getting the modem to stick, if that happens:

1. Untic auto-reboot in ODIN before you flash.
2. When the flash is finished in ODIN force a new direct reboot in to download mode (vol down + home + power)
3. Then tick back the auto-reboot tab, flash the file one more time and let the phone autoreboot. Hopfully the modem will have sticked.

Please flash at your own risk, I take no responsebility for bricked devices etc.

Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/hltelollipopbootloadermodemtar

Last edited:

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
What is the point exactly to flash only the bootloader? I can't find it using the search function, sorry for asking

The point is, if you are on a custom ROM.

You can flash this file and get the latest lollipop bootloader and modem without installing the full stock firmware and wipe your ROM.

Why?
Because some lollipop based custom kernels and roms needs the lollipop bootloader and modem to function properly.
One example is arter97 great custom kernel v5 and up needs lollipop bootloader and modem to work.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Whene you format cache or data/media this is very very slow. With kitkat is very fast. Whene you install a asop rom and will install later a custom stock rom this not work and many other problems but with twrp there is the same problems too. Only wipe is on twrp faster.

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
Whene you format cache or data/media this is very very slow. With kitkat is very fast. Whene you install a asop rom and will install later a custom stock rom this not work and many other problems but with twrp there is the same problems too. Only wipe is on twrp faster.

I just formatet cache and it went just as fast now as it used to go with KitKat bootloader.
I also installed Temasek CM12 Unofficial v8.9 and that went fast too.

I even booted in and out of recovery from CM boot menu and also enterd in to recovery from a "cold" boot to se if there were any issues getting in to the recovery.
No issues what so ever. I made a nandroid backup just to have tried that too, also worked like a charm.

Cant say Im having your issues with the lollipop bootloader. For me everything works the way it should do.

I hope you get the Lollipop bootloader to work for you in the future :)

Kuratko

Apr 13, 2008
Zaječí
Nice to see you have posted bootloader and modem. Unfortunately found it out after I have downloaded full original LP, installed it, softbricked my phone, recovered from that, wiped out everything, installed Temasek's ROM, restored applications so finally ready to install Arter's kernel :D You can imagine how much time it took instead of option you have provided :D

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
Nice to see you have posted bootloader and modem. Unfortunately found it out after I have downloaded full original LP, installed it, softbricked my phone, recovered from that, wiped out everything, installed Temasek's ROM, restored applications so finally ready to install Arter's kernel :D You can imagine how much time it took instead of option you have provided :D

Yes I can imagine :p

Thats why I desided to post it, so maby I could save some people from the hassle you went through :)

But I`ll guess Arter97`s kernel was worth the hassle anyway, just an amazing kernel for the Note 3 ;)

turbovan

Apr 9, 2014
Sydney
Hi iketil

I just used your file to flash latest bootloader and modem to my N9005 and it worked perfectly

No need for me to flash a second time to make the bootloader stick.

I did have an older version of CWM which went into boot loop when I tried to enter recovery, but flashing the latest TWRP fixed that.

Thanks for taking the time to make this, saved me a bunch of time :good:

Reactions: Ditorino

3XTR3M1ST

Mar 17, 2011
how big is this file supposed to be? the filehost keeps cutting me off during the download and it fails the MD5 checkes.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

6. When you can se that the phone is connected to Odin, press start and just let Odin do its thing.

At which stage should i consider that Odin has done its thing? Below is the log of the flashing thus far, but the phone is still on the screen with "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005" logo after 10 mins.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/003> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/006> Added!!

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
just ask can i update lollipop bl & m over my custom rom super fast v8.0 4.4.2 & it will work without any prob ?

Thats what I did on Temasek CM12 Unofficial ROM.

I had no problems at all. But I cant give you any insurance that you wont have any.

Just follow the instructions carefully and it should work if you have the sm-n9005 (hlte).

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
how big is this file supposed to be? the filehost keeps cutting me off during the download and it fails the MD5 checkes.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

At which stage should i consider that Odin has done its thing? Below is the log of the flashing thus far, but the phone is still on the screen with "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005" logo after 10 mins.

Hi the file size should be 58 041 KB

From what I can see from you ODIN log, ODIN has "done its thing"
If you did not uncheck the auto reboot tab, the phone should now be rebooting.
And bootloader and Modem should be updated when its booted up.

Are you still stuck at the "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005" screen ?

3XTR3M1ST

Mar 17, 2011

I'm still stuck on the "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005" screen. However I do think that the "hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5" has "done its thing". I was previously unable to get to the recovery, but I was able to get to this <3e>recovery after flashing.

Also managed to see some logs of "i'm not sure what it is" before the phone went blank. I presume its due to battery going flat.

Later, I tried putting TWRP on it. Starting with "twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte-4.3.img.tar". But being a novice odin user I mistakenly unpluged the phone when odin is showing "RESET!". Then I tried going into recovery using VOLUP+HOME+POWER, and got this screen instead. I'm not sure if removing the phone before "PASS!" in odin could have caused this? Subsequently I tried flashing "twrp-2.7.0.3-hlte-4.3.img.tar" and
"twrp-2.7.2.0-hlte-4.3.img.tar", which resulted in the same error screen about SEANDROID.

I also noticed it increased my KNOX counter?
This is before and after.

Next I tried flashing ""hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5" again hoping it would fix it. It didnt work. Silly me, this flash does not have a recovery image in it does it?

Anyway, now I dont have a working recover and is still stuck on the "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005". Thankfully odin mode still work. What should I do next? Please see this thread below for a little background to my problem. Thank you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/general/help-unfamiliar-error-screen-image-t3059227

shiverz07

May 7, 2012
Durban, South Africa

I keep getting a file thats 56.6MB everytime I download the file. Is this safe to flash. Odin passes the md5 check... :confused:

1.png

Last edited:

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
I'm still stuck on the "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005" screen. However I do think that the "hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5" has "done its thing". I was previously unable to get to the recovery, but I was able to get to this <3e>recovery after flashing.

Also managed to see some logs of "i'm not sure what it is" before the phone went blank. I presume its due to battery going flat.

Later, I tried putting TWRP on it. Starting with "twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte-4.3.img.tar". But being a novice odin user I mistakenly unpluged the phone when odin is showing "RESET!". Then I tried going into recovery using VOLUP+HOME+POWER, and got this screen instead. I'm not sure if removing the phone before "PASS!" in odin could have caused this? Subsequently I tried flashing "twrp-2.7.0.3-hlte-4.3.img.tar" and
"twrp-2.7.2.0-hlte-4.3.img.tar", which resulted in the same error screen about SEANDROID.

I also noticed it increased my KNOX counter?
This is before and after.

Next I tried flashing ""hlte_lollipop_bootloader_modem.tar.md5" again hoping it would fix it. It didnt work. Silly me, this flash does not have a recovery image in it does it?

Anyway, now I dont have a working recover and is still stuck on the "Samsung GALAXY Note3 SM-9005". Thankfully odin mode still work. What should I do next? Please see this thread below for a little background to my problem. Thank you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/general/help-unfamiliar-error-screen-image-t3059227

Sorry to see you are having problems with your phone :\

I have read your thread and as others have suggested, flashing the official samsung firmware downloaded from sammobile.com would be the way to go.

Seems like your phone is in a bad state, really hope that you have not recievd a fake\clone

And my file does not include the recovery, but if you flash the original samsung firmware it should bring back the original recovery and restore your phone to a working condition.

Hope you mange to fix it :) Good luck!

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
I keep getting a file thats 56.6MB everytime I download the file. Is this safe to flash. Odin passes the md5 check... :confused:

View attachment 3223697

If you check the size of the file you downloaded in windows file manager it should be 58 041 KB (thats what mine is)

I put the 58 041 KB big file in my ODIN just to check and mine ODIN says the binary size is 56,7, that is the same number your ODIN shows in the picture :)

I think you can flash safely, if the file is corrupted it simply should not pass the md5 check :)

Last edited:
Reactions: shiverz07

shiverz07

May 7, 2012
Durban, South Africa
If you check the size of the file you downloaded in windows file manager it should be 58 041 KB (thats what mine is)

I put the 58 041 KB big file in my ODIN just to check and mine ODIN says the binary size is 56,7, that is the same number your ODIN shows in the picture :)

I think you can flash safely, if the file is corrupted it simply should not pass the md5 check :)

I just flashed it and it worked. Thanks a million man. You saved me a ton of time, effort and data. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the advantages with this Odin flashable file containing only the lollipop bootloader and modem?
    - It means you can flash it in ODIN, without having to wipe your beloved custom ROM or Recovery to get the Lollipop Bootloader and Modem :)

The firmware I extracted the modem and bootloader from is the Polish XEO version.

Info from Sammobile.com:

Model SM-N9005
    Model name GALAXY Note 3 LTE
    Country Poland
    Version Android 5.0
    Changelist 3643614
    Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:57:23 +0000
    Product code XEO
    PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
    CSC N9005XEOGBOA4

Please follow these steps if you would like to flash:

1. Completely turn of your phone, usb cable must me disconnected.
    2. After the phone is turned off, remove the battery for 5 seconds
    3. Put the battery back in and boot directly in to download mode (vol down + home + power) then press vol up 1 time to enter download mode.
    4. Open ODIN on your PC and put the downloaded file in the AP section (Odin v3.09)
    5. Now connect your phone to the pc via USB
    7. Check on your phone if the bootloader and modem has updated. I use an app called Phone Info Samsung from the play store.
    8. Profit

When I did the flash as described above everything went perfect.
    I have read that some people haveing issues getting the modem to stick, if that happens:

1. Untic auto-reboot in ODIN before you flash.
    2. When the flash is finished in ODIN force a new direct reboot in to download mode (vol down + home + power)
    3. Then tick back the auto-reboot tab, flash the file one more time and let the phone autoreboot. Hopfully the modem will have sticked.

Please flash at your own risk, I take no responsebility for bricked devices etc.

Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/hltelollipopbootloadermodemtar
    What is the point exactly to flash only the bootloader? I can't find it using the search function, sorry for asking

The point is, if you are on a custom ROM.

You can flash this file and get the latest lollipop bootloader and modem without installing the full stock firmware and wipe your ROM.

Why?
    Because some lollipop based custom kernels and roms needs the lollipop bootloader and modem to function properly.
    One example is arter97 great custom kernel v5 and up needs lollipop bootloader and modem to work.

Hope it helps :)
    As far as I know Arter kernel works with CM 12.1.

I dont think you can downgrade the bootloader after upgrading.

You dont need to unzip the file before putting it in Odin.
    Download link is down fails every time I try to download

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Re-up to other hosters:

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/DML5Dwuy/file.html

http://uptobox.com/brthroqid14o

http://hugefiles.net/jqmxek4e4yoq