• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ODIN Flashable Lollipop Bootloader and Modem N9005

Search This thread

yelkarama

May 17, 2012
Gatineau
You'll need to download the full rom from sammobile.com/firmwares and repackage it to keep only the boot loader and the modem. Since I don't know how to do this repackaging, I asked iktil to help.

Reactions: BigBrosMo

BigBrosMo

Jul 10, 2012
You'll need to download the full rom from sammobile.com/firmwares and repackage it to keep only the boot loader and the modem. Since I don't know how to do this repackaging, I asked iktil to help.
Thanks but I actually got it working by doing a little more digging... Canadian N900W8 users look here:

Files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59990739&postcount=5
ODIN steps to get the modem to stick (it's tricky): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60291950&postcount=18

Reactions: yelkarama

dwl99

Sep 22, 2008
I have a stock 4.4.2 rooted n9005 with Knox 0x0. Can I just check that flashing the Lollipop bootloader and modem will leave my 4.4.2 ROM still working and not trip Knox?

Has anyone tried flashing stock Lollipop with Mobile Odin Pro and rooting it that way?

EDIT I just read on the Mobile Odin Google Play page that they are still working on Lollipop.

Last edited:

FearMyAnus

Jun 16, 2015
Could you help? I've tried installing this with Odin as well as many other versions of the bootloader and modem with Odin but it never works. I get a failed response when I try to do it. I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 494

mohdfahad47

Apr 7, 2015
Muharraq
Happy to help :)

Arter-Kernel 5.2 is released if you didnt know it ;)

This is from Arter-97 twitter:

S4/Note 3/S5 - arter97 kernel 5.2 is out.

http://arter97.com/msm8974_kernel.htm

This is a must-have update if you were using previous 5.x release.

I can flash the arter 97 kernel in official cm12.1 right??

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

What is the advantages with this Odin flashable file containing only the lollipop bootloader and modem?
- It means you can flash it in ODIN, without having to wipe your beloved custom ROM or Recovery to get the Lollipop Bootloader and Modem :)

The firmware I extracted the modem and bootloader from is the Polish XEO version.

Info from Sammobile.com:

Model SM-N9005
Model name GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Country Poland
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 3643614
Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:57:23 +0000
Product code XEO
PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
CSC N9005XEOGBOA4

Please follow these steps if you would like to flash:

1. Completely turn of your phone, usb cable must me disconnected.
2. After the phone is turned off, remove the battery for 5 seconds
3. Put the battery back in and boot directly in to download mode (vol down + home + power) then press vol up 1 time to enter download mode.
4. Open ODIN on your PC and put the downloaded file in the AP section (Odin v3.09)
5. Now connect your phone to the pc via USB
6. When you can se that the phone is connected to Odin, press start and just let Odin do its thing.
7. Check on your phone if the bootloader and modem has updated. I use an app called Phone Info Samsung from the play store.
8. Profit

When I did the flash as described above everything went perfect.
I have read that some people haveing issues getting the modem to stick, if that happens:

1. Untic auto-reboot in ODIN before you flash.
2. When the flash is finished in ODIN force a new direct reboot in to download mode (vol down + home + power)
3. Then tick back the auto-reboot tab, flash the file one more time and let the phone autoreboot. Hopfully the modem will have sticked.

Please flash at your own risk, I take no responsebility for bricked devices etc.

Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/hltelollipopbootloadermodemtar

Bro, i wanted to clear something. Lets say i flash this modem and if there is some kind of issue, can i downgrade to the previous bootloader?? And one more thing before putting the file into the ap/ pda section i dont have to extract it right?

mohdfahad47

Apr 7, 2015
Muharraq
What is the advantages with this Odin flashable file containing only the lollipop bootloader and modem?
- It means you can flash it in ODIN, without having to wipe your beloved custom ROM or Recovery to get the Lollipop Bootloader and Modem :)

The firmware I extracted the modem and bootloader from is the Polish XEO version.

Info from Sammobile.com:

Model SM-N9005
Country Poland
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 3643614
Product code XEO
PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
CSC N9005XEOGBOA4

3. Put the battery back in and boot directly in to download mode (vol down + home + power) then press vol up 1 time to enter download mode.
4. Open ODIN on your PC and put the downloaded file in the AP section (Odin v3.09)
6. When you can se that the phone is connected to Odin, press start and just let Odin do its thing.
7. Check on your phone if the bootloader and modem has updated. I use an app called Phone Info Samsung from the play store.
8. Profit

I have read that some people haveing issues getting the modem to stick, if that happens:

2. When the flash is finished in ODIN force a new direct reboot in to download mode (vol down + home + power)
3. Then tick back the auto-reboot tab, flash the file one more time and let the phone autoreboot. Hopfully the modem will have sticked.

Please flash at your own risk, I take no responsebility for bricked devices etc.

Hey bro i flashed the file using odin, the auto reboot was ticked and in the bottom of the log it said removed and the status was on reset it didnt say pass. And my phone got rebooted normally and when i checked the baseband it got upgraded. I attached a screenshot . so was the flash successful?? Im confused

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-30-22-14-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-30-22-14-26.png
    127 KB · Views: 742

mohdfahad47

Apr 7, 2015
Muharraq
I have another note 3 running on 4.4.2. Baseband v N9005XXUENC2. Its ok to flash this bootloader on it right??

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Not sure why, but the connection seems to time out - I have been unable to download this file. Are any other links available? Thanks in advance

It was happening with me too. If you are downloading it from your phone then when it starts downloading keep the notification window down, dont lock the screen and wait till it says completed . :p it worked for me..

Tiash420

Mar 10, 2014
Chittagong
Hello, I'm not really sure which country mine is from but I would like to flash a lollipop custom rom without flashing a whole stock lollipop rom. Will your files be compatible with my device?
It's SM-N9005 without LTE tho.

Attachments

• received_1055060607905952.jpeg
    received_1055060607905952.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 326

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Info from Sammobile.com:

Model SM-N9005
    Country Poland
    Version Android 5.0
    Changelist 3643614
    Product code XEO
    PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
    CSC N9005XEOGBOA4

8. Profit

What is the point exactly to flash only the bootloader? I can't find it using the search function, sorry for asking

The point is, if you are on a custom ROM.

You can flash this file and get the latest lollipop bootloader and modem without installing the full stock firmware and wipe your ROM.

Why?
    Because some lollipop based custom kernels and roms needs the lollipop bootloader and modem to function properly.
    One example is arter97 great custom kernel v5 and up needs lollipop bootloader and modem to work.

Hope it helps :)
    As far as I know Arter kernel works with CM 12.1.

I dont think you can downgrade the bootloader after upgrading.

You dont need to unzip the file before putting it in Odin.
    Download link is down fails every time I try to download

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Re-up to other hosters:

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/DML5Dwuy/file.html

http://uptobox.com/brthroqid14o

http://hugefiles.net/jqmxek4e4yoq