ODIN Flashable Lollipop Bootloader and Modem N9005

Search This thread

3XTR3M1ST

Mar 17, 2011
btw, can someone tell me why is everyone (most) using the XEO firmware for poland? Why poland and not somewhere else? If my device is of asian origin (just a guess based according to the sticker with chinese characters), should I be using the XEO too?

maxdemo

Sep 27, 2014
Anybody try mobile odin for this ?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM

DON'T USE MOBILE ODIN FOR LOLLIPOP

the last what you will see is: "cant boot normal" bye recovery. img..... or anybody other info's

phurya

Jan 7, 2008
Aveiro
Thanks man, I was getting some small isses with new lollipop roms, and didnt knew why.... now I know! already done upgrading boot loader and modem, and with Ressurection Remix Rom and Arter97 kernel it works like it never did before!!

3XTR3M1ST

Mar 17, 2011
HORRY SHET!!

I think my phone is asian! I just flashed the latest taiwan firmware released (N9005ZSUGOC3_N9005OZSGOC3_BRI) after flashing the new bootloader and everything works now!

I'm not sure what actually made it work since this is the first taiwan firmware I tried (its all XEO and BOB previously), but big thanks to everyone who helped! Now I'm trying to find out how to get his rooted, wish me luck!

mantiyeah

Dec 1, 2014
The csc doesn't matter for using this right?

I am agoing to MOP arya custom rom 5.0 based on the german last lolypop and flash this to make it work since I come will come direclty from 4.4.2

MrShibby

Jul 26, 2012
Mosel
can somebody reupload? i think the download is broken.

Edit: Nevermind, the download just didn´t work on my phone for me.

pedro26

Mar 26, 2011
Download link is down fails every time I try to download

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

ndruqltn

Oct 22, 2012
Las Piñas City
Hi iketil

I just used your file to flash latest bootloader and modem to my N9005 and it worked perfectly

No need for me to flash a second time to make the bootloader stick.

I did have an older version of CWM which went into boot loop when I tried to enter recovery, but flashing the latest TWRP fixed that.

Thanks for taking the time to make this, saved me a bunch of time :good:

What version of twrp did you flash? I cant seem to successfully flash thru odin the latest twrp. Came also from old cwm.

iketil

Nov 6, 2013
@iketil

Temasek CM12 V9.4 Arter-Kernel 5.0.1 it works great!

I tried an other method several times and it didn't work. Your version was so easy to flash. THANKS for it!!

Perfekt

Happy to help :)

Arter-Kernel 5.2 is released if you didnt know it ;)

This is from Arter-97 twitter:

S4/Note 3/S5 - arter97 kernel 5.2 is out.

http://arter97.com/msm8974_kernel.htm

This is a must-have update if you were using previous 5.x release.

Wam7

Sep 27, 2006
London
There is a 5.0 Modem released for the UK

Model SM-N9005
Model name GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Country United Kingdom (O2)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 3643614
Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:57:23 +0000
Product code O2U
PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
CSC N9005O2UGBOC1

The PDA version is the same as the Poland modem iketil kindly supplied in the OP, though it does have a different CSC code but I'm not sure if that will make any difference. As my phone is from the UK I will try this one and report back.

CSC:
CSC (Consumer Software Customization) denotes to a specific geographical region or carrier. The CSC code contains the info about software packages specific to a particular region, carrier branding and also APN (Access Point Name) settings for data connection.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6486507

Can I flash this rom on Samsung Galaxy Trend Dous (GT-S7392)..???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the advantages with this Odin flashable file containing only the lollipop bootloader and modem?
    - It means you can flash it in ODIN, without having to wipe your beloved custom ROM or Recovery to get the Lollipop Bootloader and Modem :)

The firmware I extracted the modem and bootloader from is the Polish XEO version.

Info from Sammobile.com:

Model SM-N9005
    Model name GALAXY Note 3 LTE
    Country Poland
    Version Android 5.0
    Changelist 3643614
    Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:57:23 +0000
    Product code XEO
    PDA N9005XXUGBOB6
    CSC N9005XEOGBOA4

Please follow these steps if you would like to flash:

1. Completely turn of your phone, usb cable must me disconnected.
    2. After the phone is turned off, remove the battery for 5 seconds
    3. Put the battery back in and boot directly in to download mode (vol down + home + power) then press vol up 1 time to enter download mode.
    4. Open ODIN on your PC and put the downloaded file in the AP section (Odin v3.09)
    5. Now connect your phone to the pc via USB
    6. When you can se that the phone is connected to Odin, press start and just let Odin do its thing.
    7. Check on your phone if the bootloader and modem has updated. I use an app called Phone Info Samsung from the play store.
    8. Profit

When I did the flash as described above everything went perfect.
    I have read that some people haveing issues getting the modem to stick, if that happens:

1. Untic auto-reboot in ODIN before you flash.
    2. When the flash is finished in ODIN force a new direct reboot in to download mode (vol down + home + power)
    3. Then tick back the auto-reboot tab, flash the file one more time and let the phone autoreboot. Hopfully the modem will have sticked.

Please flash at your own risk, I take no responsebility for bricked devices etc.

Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/hltelollipopbootloadermodemtar
    What is the point exactly to flash only the bootloader? I can't find it using the search function, sorry for asking

The point is, if you are on a custom ROM.

You can flash this file and get the latest lollipop bootloader and modem without installing the full stock firmware and wipe your ROM.

Why?
    Because some lollipop based custom kernels and roms needs the lollipop bootloader and modem to function properly.
    One example is arter97 great custom kernel v5 and up needs lollipop bootloader and modem to work.

Hope it helps :)
    As far as I know Arter kernel works with CM 12.1.

I dont think you can downgrade the bootloader after upgrading.

You dont need to unzip the file before putting it in Odin.
    Download link is down fails every time I try to download

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Re-up to other hosters:

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/DML5Dwuy/file.html

http://uptobox.com/brthroqid14o

http://hugefiles.net/jqmxek4e4yoq