• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ODIN] ICL53F (no wipe, no recovery, no bootloaders)

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Here is the stripped version of ICL53F.

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Changelogs are not fully known yet, but I do know this is Android 4.0.2 and USB host is now working :)

Stripped meaning no bootloaders, no recovery (so you keep your current CWM), and no wipe (so you keep your data).

IMPORTANT: No wipe is only if your device has been previously OEM unlocked. If your device is NOT OEM unlocked, this WILL wipe your data !

It does include kernel, system and modem, and it's an ODIN tar because ... just because !

YAKJU (GSM): http://www.multiupload.com/7C78MDUQG9
MYSID (LTE): http://www.multiupload.com/3ZZ79I7057

In doubt which one you want ? ADB the following commands:

adb shell getprop ro.product.name
adb shell getprop ro.build.description
adb shell getprop ro.build.fingerprint

The full original Google images can be found here:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/msg/2cd2b16ed56a7e84

ODIN ?!

The (Windows) software is attached. USE THE ATTACHED VERSION. DO NOT USE AN OLDER VERSION. A lot of you will be familiar with ODIN from other Samsung devices... well, it works exactly the same on this device.

Turn off your device, turn it on again by holding volume-down and power to enter ODIN download mode.

Launch the ODIN software, press the PDA button and select the .tar file you extracted from the .zip file you downloaded.

Make sure in the ODIN program "Re-Partition", "Phone EFS Clear", and "Phone Bootloader Update" are NOT checked.

Connect the Android device with your computer and you should see a yellow box in the ODIN program. Press the "Start" button, wait a minute or so, and your device will be booted with this firmware.

Also see the attached image, which has every box you need to look at circled in red :)

Attachments

• Odin3-v1.85.zip
    198.4 KB · Views: 9,019
  • odin-example.png
    odin-example.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 14,573
Last edited:

schrickm5

Mar 21, 2011
Sundsvall
Hi Chain fire

First of all its nice to see you on the Nexus section. Don't know what I would have down without your fantastic rooted kernels on the SGS2.

Do you loose root and boot loader is locked again if you flash this 53F?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

D_Magic

Aug 6, 2010
Hey Chainfire good to see you here!

I heard that the new bootloader might solve the charging issue...can you confirm?

Also really would like to see cf-root kernels...used them alot on my sgs1 and sgs2...always the best kernels for me.

Good to see Odin is back too...its the best thing to use to flash youre phone

Last edited:

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
@zephiK after OP edited #1 i found my answer :) thanks

@Chainfire can you add the mac OSX step by step too plz.

Thanks for sharing this :)

I have no idea what the steps are on Mac OSX.

Hi Chain fire

First of all its nice to see you on the Nexus section. Don't know what I would have down without your fantastic rooted kernels on the SGS2.

You will lose root. If you have CWM recovery installed you can just flash a Superuser package through recovery, as CWM is not overwritten by this flash.

This flash does not include bootloaders, and will not re-lock your bootloaders.

(It even appears ODIN will unlock your bootloader if it was locked)

I heard that the new bootloader might solve the charging issue...can you confirm?

Also really would like to see cf-root kernels...used them alot on my sgs1 and sgs2...always the best kernels for me

Can't confirm because I don't know. I have only had the charging issue when using custom kernels, the stock kernel had no issue for me.

Not sure if I will release a CF-Root... as this device has a separate recovery partition, there is not that much need for CF-Root... It's still handy though, of course.

Should the bootloaders prove needed and/or helpful, I will release a separate bootloader package so you can flash those later.

Last edited:
Reactions: ali1276

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Any chance that I can flash it on to yakjuux and have no problems?

Nobody knows.

To be fair, I don't even know which model I have. I flashed the Google provided stock image of ITL41F within an hour of getting my Nexus last week, due to soft-bricking it (yeah, that quick).

It may work, it may not.

N

NitrozKC

Nice to see you here Chainfire. Thanks for this, I will flash it now as I'm looking for a stock ROM, or just stock in its own. I find custom ROM's cause too much battery drain with all the features that are adding.

D_Magic

Aug 6, 2010
Should the bootloaders prove needed and/or helpful, I will release a separate bootloader package so you can flash those later.

Thanks but it turns out the new bootloader doesn't fix the issue

So if i flash this with odin then i keep the unlocked bootloader and cwm but i loose root....what do you mean with flash a superuser package? ( i wanna go back to stock for now cause on every custom rom/kernel i get a really bad battery drain )

Last edited:

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
Thanks but it turns out the new bootloader doesn't fix the issue

So if i flash this with odin then i keep the unlocked bootloader and cwm but i loose root....what do you mean with flash a superuser package? ( i wanna go back to stock for now cause on every custom rom/kernel i get a really bad battery drain )

Maybe the new bootloader fixes the RF interference (debounce time) on the volume buttons (that was only patched in the kernel in the last update)?

I guess someone who lives in a region that had that problem would have to check.

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Here are the changes from 4.0.1 --> 4.0.2

Device features

• Optimized Mobile Hotspot when used with VPN
  • Optimized 3G/4G data sessions for faster response times
  • Fixed an incorrect notification that “data was disconnected due to roaming”
  • WiFi now automatically reconnects when returning to a known Access Point
  • Improvements to special visual effects feature when using front-facing camcorder
  • Visual improvements to the lock screen
Email and Messaging

• Fixed an issue where some email attachments would not open correctly
Apps and Widgets

• DivX support has been removed and will be supported in a future upgrade
  • Improved audio volume in Google navigation turn-by-turn directions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the stripped version of ICL53F.

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Changelogs are not fully known yet, but I do know this is Android 4.0.2 and USB host is now working :)

Stripped meaning no bootloaders, no recovery (so you keep your current CWM), and no wipe (so you keep your data).

IMPORTANT: No wipe is only if your device has been previously OEM unlocked. If your device is NOT OEM unlocked, this WILL wipe your data !

It does include kernel, system and modem, and it's an ODIN tar because ... just because !

YAKJU (GSM): http://www.multiupload.com/7C78MDUQG9
    MYSID (LTE): http://www.multiupload.com/3ZZ79I7057

In doubt which one you want ? ADB the following commands:

adb shell getprop ro.product.name
    adb shell getprop ro.build.description
    adb shell getprop ro.build.fingerprint

The full original Google images can be found here:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/msg/2cd2b16ed56a7e84

ODIN ?!

The (Windows) software is attached. USE THE ATTACHED VERSION. DO NOT USE AN OLDER VERSION. A lot of you will be familiar with ODIN from other Samsung devices... well, it works exactly the same on this device.

Turn off your device, turn it on again by holding volume-down and power to enter ODIN download mode.

Launch the ODIN software, press the PDA button and select the .tar file you extracted from the .zip file you downloaded.

Make sure in the ODIN program "Re-Partition", "Phone EFS Clear", and "Phone Bootloader Update" are NOT checked.

Connect the Android device with your computer and you should see a yellow box in the ODIN program. Press the "Start" button, wait a minute or so, and your device will be booted with this firmware.

Also see the attached image, which has every box you need to look at circled in red :)
    Any chance that I can flash it on to yakjuux and have no problems?

Nobody knows.

To be fair, I don't even know which model I have. I flashed the Google provided stock image of ITL41F within an hour of getting my Nexus last week, due to soft-bricking it (yeah, that quick).

It may work, it may not.
    @zephiK after OP edited #1 i found my answer :) thanks

@Chainfire can you add the mac OSX step by step too plz.

Thanks for sharing this :)

I have no idea what the steps are on Mac OSX.

Hi Chain fire

You will lose root. If you have CWM recovery installed you can just flash a Superuser package through recovery, as CWM is not overwritten by this flash.

This flash does not include bootloaders, and will not re-lock your bootloaders.

(It even appears ODIN will unlock your bootloader if it was locked)

Also really would like to see cf-root kernels...used them alot on my sgs1 and sgs2...always the best kernels for me

Can't confirm because I don't know. I have only had the charging issue when using custom kernels, the stock kernel had no issue for me.

Not sure if I will release a CF-Root... as this device has a separate recovery partition, there is not that much need for CF-Root... It's still handy though, of course.

Anyone know if I can use this tar file with Heimdall?

Don't know for sure, but I don't see why not ...
    mysid variant has not been tested by me. Please let me know if the radio flashes properly... if not I'll update the package.

Radio flashed flawlessly here :)