[Odin][Kernel] drhonk's Bali 3.3 for Froyo, Installs CWM!

Search This thread

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
The next in the series of Odin flashable files, here's drhonk's Bali kernel for the SGS4G in an Odin flashable format! No more having to mess with pushing a custom recovery file to /system, as long as you have a Windows PC with Odin on it you'll be good to go.

FEATURES
Roots your phone
Installs ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM/CWR)
The UV kernel gives you more freedom for overclock settings.

NOTES
This is for FROYO ONLY versions 2.2.x only, NOT 2.3.x
Comes in 2 flavors, UV which is undervolted, and regular.
Please read drhonk's original thread for features and usage.

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download the file to your Windows PC
2) Extract the 7-Zip file using a compatible program, such as 7-Zip
3) Load up the file in Odin, putting it in the PDA section
4) Flash
5) Success!

ODIN
Learn how to flash files with Odin using this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1001759
All files go into the PDA section of Odin. Your Odin screen should look like this:

KERNELS
bali3.3UV.7z
bali3.3.7z

CREDITS
Kernels taken from drhonk's thread

Last edited:

denpad2010

Jun 2, 2010
SC
im using a samsung galaxy s 4g for tmobile running 2.2.1 if i flash this will i get root an cwm??? thanks

denpad2010

Jun 2, 2010
SC
sorry for so noob question....just wanna make sure and dont mess with my firends phone lol...ok so i just flash via odiing and thats it,and will i lost my data??? a wipe is required?? thanks

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
What's Froyo again? XD

Thanks for your work! Flashing from Froyo is gonna be much easier now. It was so time consuming to root, go through the market for a root explorer, and then push the files manually! :O

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
sorry for so noob question....just wanna make sure and dont mess with my firends phone lol...ok so i just flash via odiing and thats it,and will i lost my data??? a wipe is required?? thanks

You will not lose your data with just flashing a kernel, but once you flash a new ROM, you will. Make sure you do a back up of your current ROM before you mess with anything.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

jstein222

Aug 13, 2010
Sorry for the noob questions, I'm used to a vibrant so this is all different to me. Just to be clear about what this does....basically it just roots the phone and adds cwm, but does not change anything about the phone other than that or wipe settings/ data?

I'm using a mac that I have parallels with xp on. Would this work that way? I had trouble trying to root before on parallels with superoneclick...the file just wouldn't run. Also, i'm assuming the phone needs to be in download mode for this to work?

Thanks.

jstein222

Aug 13, 2010
i'm not exactly sure, i'm running parallels within osx so I think that would qualify as a virtual machine...I don't know what you mean by dual booting

jstein222

Aug 13, 2010
Well, i've tried it in parallels and no luck. Odin opens fine and loads up the tar file. However it never recognizes the phone. I have the correct samsung drivers installed and windows recognizes that the phone is plugged in, it just doesn't make it into odin. It seems that there is just no way for me to root this phone with a mac, and unfortunately i don't know anybody with a pc. Oh how I wish somebody could make an app for the market that would root just like the vibrant...... it was sooo easy with that phone.....oh well

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Well this isn't a vibrant, so I will end that argument there.

Are you in download mode when connecting to Odin?

jstein222

Aug 13, 2010
Well this isn't a vibrant, so I will end that argument there.

Are you in download mode when connecting to Odin?

yes, I am in download mode, it just doesn't show up. I've heard that odin can be picky about usb issues, so perhaps there are too many factors at play between the mac and windows interface for it.....I don't know. And, I'm definitely not trying to start a vibrant vs 4g argument, i understand that they are very different. I'm just frustrated that i'm having such a hard time rooting this phone.

I've never tried heimdall, is it a vm as well....similar to parallells?

Thanks for taking time to read this and give advice btw....it really is appreciated regardless of whether I get this working or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The next in the series of Odin flashable files, here's drhonk's Bali kernel for the SGS4G in an Odin flashable format! No more having to mess with pushing a custom recovery file to /system, as long as you have a Windows PC with Odin on it you'll be good to go.

FEATURES
    Roots your phone
    Installs ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM/CWR)
    The UV kernel gives you more freedom for overclock settings.

NOTES
    This is for FROYO ONLY versions 2.2.x only, NOT 2.3.x
    Comes in 2 flavors, UV which is undervolted, and regular.
    Please read drhonk's original thread for features and usage.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1) Download the file to your Windows PC
    2) Extract the 7-Zip file using a compatible program, such as 7-Zip
    3) Load up the file in Odin, putting it in the PDA section
    4) Flash
    5) Success!

ODIN
    Learn how to flash files with Odin using this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1001759
    All files go into the PDA section of Odin. Your Odin screen should look like this:

KERNELS
    bali3.3UV.7z
    bali3.3.7z

CREDITS
    Kernels taken from drhonk's thread
    You will not lose data. Yes, it gives you root and cwm. Yes, you have to be in download mode.

Are you dual booting or running vmware?

Yes