Question Odin PASS! but no root

Search This thread

KASSINOs

Hello! So I've been trying for 10 days now to root and I just got to the point where it actually says PASS! I got a SM-A125F (CNX) and after I got everything set up, I open Odin 3.14.1 and put the AP file in (magisk patched, named boot.img.tar) and it says PASS! After only 2 seconds! What happened? What can I do to fix it?

Allehandro

Dec 28, 2016
Hello! So I've been trying for 10 days now to root and I just got to the point where it actually says PASS! I got a SM-A125F (CNX) and after I got everything set up, I open Odin 3.14.1 and put the AP file in (magisk patched, named boot.img.tar) and it says PASS! After only 2 seconds! What happened? What can I do to fix it?
From the root guides I've read it's recommended to patch the whole AP file and not just the boot.img

Allehandro

Dec 28, 2016
Found some information! Thank you for helping! I'll update this when it's done, got soft bricked and now I have to do the whole setup again
Use this link and try using the entire AP file..don't extract the boot image...Patch the AP file as is and add the patched AP file into odin. I would also recommend adding all the other files like BL and CP and CSC not just the AP file... Just do a clean flash of the rom but in the AP section Add the patched AP file

KASSINOs

Use this link and try using the entire AP file..don't extract the boot image...Patch the AP file as is and add the patched AP file into odin. I would also recommend adding all the other files like BL and CP and CSC not just the AP file... Just do a clean flash of the rom but in the AP section Add the patched AP file
got it, it probably rooted it, said it doesnt have the original samsung files and now i have to flash stock rom again sadly, might give up

Allehandro

Dec 28, 2016
got it, it probably rooted it, said it doesnt have the original samsung files and now i have to flash stock rom again sadly, might give up
just Download the firmware for your device, flash it using odin, run through the phones setup and follow the unlocking bootloader guide....and then follow the root guide

KASSINOs

Allehandro

Dec 28, 2016
finished twrp and everything, didnt install any custom ROM, kwgt dissapeared from google play, same to revolut, and I need revolut! (I got KWGT from apkpure)
check that

KASSINOs

check that
hey! you told me about the MIUI on samsung, here it is, by what he does it seems legit, i wont erase my data again because I got my stuff back (barely) here it is: