• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Odin + ROM available for Samsung S20 FE SM-G7810?

Search This thread

dermotmcg

Nov 16, 2020
Bought an S20 FE in China. Has Google play services but had to download Google Play. Also has Chinese apps embedded like Baidu. Also random things won't work e.g. Voice wake up for Google Assistant, Netflix "not compatible with this device" in app store etc.

Would be ideal to install the standard international OS but don't want to brick the phone. Wondering if possible? Is there an Odin and ROM available?

Thanks

amazinged

Aug 12, 2015
Already a real answer to this? I did order the S20 FE 5G , SM-G7810 from Hongkong.......

Curious if call-recording works out of the box on the HK-firmware

Youdoofus

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Already a real answer to this? I did order the S20 FE 5G , SM-G7810 from Hongkong.......

there are some S20 firmwares floating around on sammobile.com/firmwares but not for your specific model. The FW's have been cross compatible for the last 5 galaxy s devices so long that youre using the FW for the processor type you have. I have a 781u1, for which there isnt a FW available for downloading ATM. If its a qualcomm, you should be able to flash any other qualcomm based FW, but youll likely need patched Odin to do it so it can ignore the version errors that surely will crop up

Reactions: amazinged

wanghe0477

Dec 24, 2020
I come from China, I bought the Chinese version s20fe(G7810CHC) and immediately brush the Hong Kong version ROM(G7810TGY) after
receiving the goods. Everything is normal
屏幕截图2020-12-24 131420.png
屏幕截图2020-12-24 131450.png
屏幕快照_20201224-125924_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20201224-125943_One UI Home.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fz75

Jun 16, 2016
Hello. I live in Italy and will receive the same phone in the next few days. I have already downloaded the firmware for my country, but it is for the SM-G781B version, do you think I can flash it with Odin, or I get errors. I would like to do the operation, even before doing the first start, to make everything clean! What do you recommend, based on your experience? Or do I leave it like this and use it regularly? Thanks.

Tony92ita

Jan 2, 2021
Hello. I live in Italy and will receive the same phone in the next few days. I have already downloaded the firmware for my country, but it is for the SM-G781B version, do you think I can flash it with Odin, or I get errors. I would like to do the operation, even before doing the first start, to make everything clean! What do you recommend, based on your experience? Or do I leave it like this and use it regularly? Thanks.

I also follow, I'm in Italy, in 15 days I'll get the:
SM-G7810 S20 FE 5G 8GB/128GB.

Have you discovered or tried how to put SM-G781B Region ITV Firmware?

This information will also be useful for other people who will find themselves in our situation in other countries!

fz75

Jun 16, 2016
Sorry, I can't be of help to you and other users, in the same conditions, but I will refuse delivery of the package! I decided to buy a European version SM-G781

wanghe0477

Dec 24, 2020
中国大陆版本与香港版本完全相同,因此可以书写。如果要写入其他版本的ROM,请确保它们具有相同的硬件。

Translation: The Chinese version is exactly the same as the Hong Kong version, so it can be written. If you want to write to other versions of ROM, make sure they have the same hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: masterfu

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City

Translation: The Chinese version is exactly the same as the Hong Kong version, so it can be written. If you want to write to other versions of ROM, make sure they have the same hardware.

1. Welcome to XDA. We hope you enjoy your stay.
2. Please post in English as per XDA Rule #4.
3. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mini Jay

May 26, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Watch
I come from China, I bought the Chinese version s20fe(G7810CHC) and immediately brush the Hong Kong version ROM(G7810TGY) after
Hello! I am also in mainland China and kind of stuck in there for a while and I'm planning on buying the S21 Ultra. Do you think it will be able to flash the Hong-Kong Rom as well? I heard that the Chinese Rom has some compatibility issues with Netflix and perhaps with VPN I don't know 🤔

wanghe0477

Dec 24, 2020
Hello! I am also in mainland China and kind of stuck in there for a while and I'm planning on buying the S21 Ultra. Do you think it will be able to flash the Hong-Kong Rom as well? I heard that the Chinese Rom has some compatibility issues with Netflix and perhaps with VPN I don't know 🤔
According to past experience, Samsung mobile phone version of mainland China and Hongkong version of the same hardware, ROM can be universal, but before the official release of S21, no one can be sure.

wanghe0477

Dec 24, 2020
The mobile phone software system of any mainland China brand is bloated and complex, so I immediately wrote it to Hongkong version ROM after receiving the goods, so I have no conditions to recommend the use of the mainland China Version System.

Last edited:

Mini Jay

May 26, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Watch
The mobile phone software system of any mainland China brand is bloated and complex, so I immediately wrote it to Hongkong version ROM after receiving the goods, so I have no conditions to recommend the use of the mainland China Version System.
So it means that if I buy the s21 ultra in mainland China I can flash the HK firmware on it, if they have the same hardware, right?

Because of my foreigner ID I can't go to Hong-Kong and go back to mainland. And I don't know if it's possible to buy HK version of the s21 series from China. That's why I plan to buy the Chinese version and flash the HK version on it

wanghe0477

Dec 24, 2020
According to the experience of S20 series, it is recommended that S21 should pay attention to hardware configuration and pay attention to relevant forums in Chinese mainland after listing, because no one here cares about the relationship between Hongkong and Chinese mainland ROM.:unsure:

J0eri

Jan 22, 2021
I also bought the Chines version (SM-G7810) which was flashed to Hong Kong version by Etoren store. I would like to flash to a European frimware. BUT the Chinese version has 8GB of Ram. In Europe etc it has 6GB of ram. Will that cause issues?

amazinged

Aug 12, 2015
On a Hong Kong version I was able to flash the Chinese ROM. I did it because call-recorder is working then and essential for me.

I suppose the other way, from Chinese tot Hong Kong rom will also work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

there are some S20 firmwares floating around on sammobile.com/firmwares but not for your specific model. The FW's have been cross compatible for the last 5 galaxy s devices so long that youre using the FW for the processor type you have. I have a 781u1, for which there isnt a FW available for downloading ATM. If its a qualcomm, you should be able to flash any other qualcomm based FW, but youll likely need patched Odin to do it so it can ignore the version errors that surely will crop up

On a Hong Kong version I was able to flash the Chinese ROM. I did it because call-recorder is working then and essential for me.

I suppose the other way, from Chinese tot Hong Kong rom will also work.
    How can I flash Hong Kong rom is there a guide for this? Thank you.