[ODIN ROM] Darky's Resurrection Edition v9.2 ★ XWJS3 ★ Easy Video Guide!

Search This thread

Darkyy

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2009
Winterthur
www.darkyrom.com
Darky's ROM Resurrection Edition

darkylogo.png

(ROM by Darkyy, ODIN version by ficeto, Guide written & tested by addicted2088)

>> Main Darky ROM Thread @XDA

You can also read the following guide at Google Documents >> click me.

HEIMDALL / UBUNTU EDITION [by TubeShaped]

Instead of Odin, has to be flashed with Heimdall on Linux Ubuntu.
Hit the link for more details, downloads & instructions.

Heimdall / Ubuntu Edition

Easy Installation Guide from "AndroidGalaxyS" @YouTube

UPDATE 05.02.2011

- Fixed WiFi
- Fixed modem
- Other bugfixes

Download Links have been updated.

What is it:

Darky's Resurrection Edition is an Odin packaged Darky's v9.2 Extreme Edition which contains only the base ROM (imagine that you have installed Darky with system options by default and all app options unchecked, i.e no Fonts, no Live Wallpapers, no Samsung Social Apps, etc.).

This Odin package is aimed at users that are on stock or other ROMs and want to switch painlessly to Darky, or have some current problems with their installation (boot loops, apps misbehaving, Market disappearing, and other file system related issues).

Do not worry; after installing the base version, you'll be able to install the missing stuff if you want.

This Edition will remove all your apps and data, no matter which ROM/stock firmware you are on!

>> Read the guide carefully and step-by-step! All text in BOLD and ITALICS are important! Please, read it step by step before asking questions..

Files required:

Darky's Odin Package. This contains the ROM, the CWM Package for the missing/customizable stuff, ODIN and the PIT file.
Be sure to use ODIN and the PIT file from this package. Unpack contents of this file to a folder.

SGS I9000
http://www.multiupload.com/5SD3TA23PT

Captivate I897

http://www.multiupload.com/MV9KYHGRBF

----------------------------------------------------

>> Seperate "resurrection.zip" Package (the same as included above in the full package)
http://www.multiupload.com/3JGHKZUJF2

Pre-Installation Requirements:

1. Backup your data! Use an app like Titanium Backup, My Backup, App Saver, SMS Backup (to save SMS), etc.

2. Disable all lagfixes by going into the Recovery. Disable both normal and /system lagfixes. This is a must.

Those who are on stock Samsung firmware/have never installed a custom kernel, can skip this step.

Here's a tutorial to disabling lagfixes:

To disable lagfixes, boot into Recovery and then:

For Voodoo kernel, go into Voodoo Lagfix and select the following options using Power Button:

1. disable lagfix
2. /system lagfix off

Then, select Go Back, and then Reboot system now. The lagfix will be disabled and the phone will boot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Speedmod kernel, go into ‘advanced Speedmod ULK features’>’LAGFIX options’, then do the following:

1. Select ‘Disable Lagfix: Convert DATA to RFS’.
2. Select ‘Convert SYSTEM to Ext4/RFS’ and then select Yes.
3. Now select ‘Go Back’ twice, and then select ‘Reboot system now’ to reboot your phone.
4. You will then get a screen saying ‘SYSTEM Conversion requested’. Here, select the option ‘RFS: Convert to RFS’.
5. The phone will again reboot after a little while and say ‘New filesystem config detected. Convert?’ Select Yes.
6. Your lagfixes will now be disabled and your phone will reboot.

Instructions

These are divided into two parts:

PART 1 (Flashing the base ROM):

1. Again, a reminder. Backup all your stuff before starting.

2. Now, turn off your phone by removing the battery and enter the Download mode by pressing the Vol DOWN+Home Key+the Power Button together. (Will bring up a screen saying 'Downloading'.)

3. Now, run ODIN and connect phone to the computer. ODIN will say 'Added'.

4. Tick the 'Repartition' option, and then select the following files in ODIN (from the folder you extracted the base package in):

• PDA: darky_odin.tar.md5
  • PIT: s1_odin_20100512.pit

2011-02-04_0229.png

5. Press the Start button and wait for it to finish. Once it finishes, ODIN will look like this.
Disconnect the phone from the computer after phone reboots.

2011-02-04_0229-1.png

6. After ODIN completes procedure and the phone reboots, a screen will come on the phone with 'Android system recovery <2e>' written at the top, and the following text will be written at the bottom:

"E:Invalid command argument
--Install from package--
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
#MANUAL MODE#
-- Appling Muti CSC...
Installing Muti CSC"

Don't panic. Just press the 'reboot system now' using the Home key and the phone will restart and boot.

Congratulations, you have the base Darky's ROM installed now.
Now for the next step.

7. Now, we will install Darky's ROM again, through Recovery, to add the things missing in the base version.

PART 2
(Flashing the CWM zip package from Recovery to get the stuff missing in the Base ROM)

1. Open the Market, and search for 'darky' and download the DarkyROM Configurator App and install it.

2. After it is installed, open Darky ROM from the App Menu. Select all the options that you want to install, and deselect the ones you don't want. DO NOT select Wipe as we have already done that before using ODIN.

3. After selecting and deselecting the options according to your needs, press back to save and exit Darky ROM App.

4. Copy the file resurrection.zip (extracted from the ROM's .zip file you downloaded at the start) to your internal sd-card.

5. Now shutdown the phone, and boot into Recovery again. [Vol UP+Home+Power key]

6. Now select "Install zip from SDCARD"

> [use volume keys/rocker to move up and down, and the POWER Button to select].

7. Select "Choose zip from SDCARD" and then select the ROM zip file (resurrection.zip). Then choose "Yes."

8. After the process completes, press 'Go Back' and then 'Reboot system'.

9. Once the phone boots, you will have everything that you selected in the DarkyROM Configurator.

10. That's it. The procedure is complete.
Enjoy the ROM! ;)

- darkyy / Joël.
- ficeto / Hristo.
- addicted2088

Last edited:

schiphol

Apr 3, 2007
AMS
Nice but all the folks that have a clue about Odin are on doc's anyway ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

sewe

Jul 20, 2010
If i understand this right,this is like flashing jm8 with re-part and then flash darkys in cwm

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Apb

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
Ok so I`m going to ask the big question, should I go to this ROM from 9.1?

Darkyy

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2009
Winterthur
www.darkyrom.com
So this is just a JM8 samsung stock rom renamed as a darky based rom?

For someone who has been on XDA for a long time darky, you should know better to know where to post this. Definatley not development as there is no new rom, just merely a guide to install JM8 and flash custom rom..

Thread reported.

Hey hey hey, STOP.

Dear elhpianist,

This is my newest ROM - v9.2.
Packaged in an Odin Tarball.
It is basically the same as my normal CWM version, it is just for these people who had problems with the CWM version.

Because this Odin ROM is a fully working 2.2.1 XWJS3 pre-rooted and preinstalled with Recovery 2e and a custom kernel with integrated CWM, it's completely different from anything else.

It's the easiest and most secure way to get on my ROM, because it repartitions the partitions.

In facty, everyone can flash this ROM, ie. if they "soft-bricked" their phone and don't want to flash a Stock Firmware first, get Recovery 2e, root, CWM etc.

Got the idea?

- Sent from my SGS with Darky's ROM v9.2

Krieg Noobie

Nov 8, 2010

For someone who has been on XDA for a long time darky, you should know better to know where to post this. Definatley not development as there is no new rom, just merely a guide to install JM8 and flash custom rom..

Thread reported.

Read the first post...

What is it:

Darky's Resurrection Edition is an Odin packaged Darky's v9.2 Extreme Edition which contains only the base ROM (imagine that you have installed Darky with system options by default and all app options unchecked, i.e no Fonts, no Live Wallpapers, no Samsung Social Apps, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zacharias.maladroit

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Hey Joel, I'll for sure try this installation method: I love to update using Odin.
I don't know why, but it let me feel better ;)

Ps: after this procedure, if I'll need to change something with the Darky App, shoud I go with the standard full edition from other thread from CWM??

Pps: you are awesome man!! ;)

Last edited:

kwf1

Jul 21, 2010
darky you are great...and this really helped...i had an issue with mounting first the dbdata...and then the cache...and i tried 512 pit repart and jm8...nothing worked...the phone booted but still cant mount cache even on a custom rom and speed mod kernel...

after flashing this with all instructions...my phone worked flawlessly again...as well as for the people who are not appreciative i think you guys should just GET THE **** OUT OF THIS FORUM! everyone is working as a team to make android better...if you cant appreciate it then **** off! i hate people who disrespect other people for not understanding or having simple issues! everyone is at learning stage...so ****ing respect that!

cheers! great work bro...i hv always wondered...are you a guy or a girl darky...i see a girl as your dp~ lol

Reactions: Darkyy

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA

Being a base ROM compared to lets say 9.0 or any other of Darky`s ROM, what are the benefits of this ROM?

Could I do a no-wipe and be updated for future updates?, or being a base ROM, its just a basic ROM and I have to install what I want again.
Sorry but the base part is confusing me a bit, it does`nt seem the same as going from 8.0 to 9.1, like I did.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Darky's ROM Resurrection Edition

darkylogo.png

(ROM by Darkyy, ODIN version by ficeto, Guide written & tested by addicted2088)

>> Main Darky ROM Thread @XDA

You can also read the following guide at Google Documents >> click me.

HEIMDALL / UBUNTU EDITION [by TubeShaped]

Instead of Odin, has to be flashed with Heimdall on Linux Ubuntu.
    Hit the link for more details, downloads & instructions.

Heimdall / Ubuntu Edition

Easy Installation Guide from "AndroidGalaxyS" @YouTube

UPDATE 05.02.2011

- Fixed WiFi
    - Fixed modem
    - Other bugfixes

Download Links have been updated.

What is it:

This Odin package is aimed at users that are on stock or other ROMs and want to switch painlessly to Darky, or have some current problems with their installation (boot loops, apps misbehaving, Market disappearing, and other file system related issues).

Do not worry; after installing the base version, you'll be able to install the missing stuff if you want.

This Edition will remove all your apps and data, no matter which ROM/stock firmware you are on!

>> Read the guide carefully and step-by-step! All text in BOLD and ITALICS are important! Please, read it step by step before asking questions..

Files required:

Darky's Odin Package. This contains the ROM, the CWM Package for the missing/customizable stuff, ODIN and the PIT file.
    Be sure to use ODIN and the PIT file from this package. Unpack contents of this file to a folder.

SGS I9000
    http://www.multiupload.com/5SD3TA23PT

Captivate I897

http://www.multiupload.com/MV9KYHGRBF

----------------------------------------------------

>> Seperate "resurrection.zip" Package (the same as included above in the full package)
    http://www.multiupload.com/3JGHKZUJF2

Pre-Installation Requirements:

1. Backup your data! Use an app like Titanium Backup, My Backup, App Saver, SMS Backup (to save SMS), etc.

2. Disable all lagfixes by going into the Recovery. Disable both normal and /system lagfixes. This is a must.

Those who are on stock Samsung firmware/have never installed a custom kernel, can skip this step.

Here's a tutorial to disabling lagfixes:

To disable lagfixes, boot into Recovery and then:

For Voodoo kernel, go into Voodoo Lagfix and select the following options using Power Button:

1. disable lagfix
    2. /system lagfix off

Then, select Go Back, and then Reboot system now. The lagfix will be disabled and the phone will boot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Speedmod kernel, go into ‘advanced Speedmod ULK features’>’LAGFIX options’, then do the following:

1. Select ‘Disable Lagfix: Convert DATA to RFS’.
    2. Select ‘Convert SYSTEM to Ext4/RFS’ and then select Yes.
    3. Now select ‘Go Back’ twice, and then select ‘Reboot system now’ to reboot your phone.
    4. You will then get a screen saying ‘SYSTEM Conversion requested’. Here, select the option ‘RFS: Convert to RFS’.
    5. The phone will again reboot after a little while and say ‘New filesystem config detected. Convert?’ Select Yes.
    6. Your lagfixes will now be disabled and your phone will reboot.

Instructions

These are divided into two parts:

PART 1 (Flashing the base ROM):

1. Again, a reminder. Backup all your stuff before starting.

2. Now, turn off your phone by removing the battery and enter the Download mode by pressing the Vol DOWN+Home Key+the Power Button together. (Will bring up a screen saying 'Downloading'.)

3. Now, run ODIN and connect phone to the computer. ODIN will say 'Added'.

4. Tick the 'Repartition' option, and then select the following files in ODIN (from the folder you extracted the base package in):

• PDA: darky_odin.tar.md5
    • PIT: s1_odin_20100512.pit

2011-02-04_0229.png

5. Press the Start button and wait for it to finish. Once it finishes, ODIN will look like this.
    Disconnect the phone from the computer after phone reboots.

2011-02-04_0229-1.png

6. After ODIN completes procedure and the phone reboots, a screen will come on the phone with 'Android system recovery <2e>' written at the top, and the following text will be written at the bottom:

"E:Invalid command argument
    --Install from package--
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    #MANUAL MODE#
    -- Appling Muti CSC...
    Installing Muti CSC"

Don't panic. Just press the 'reboot system now' using the Home key and the phone will restart and boot.

Congratulations, you have the base Darky's ROM installed now.
    Now for the next step.

7. Now, we will install Darky's ROM again, through Recovery, to add the things missing in the base version.

PART 2
    (Flashing the CWM zip package from Recovery to get the stuff missing in the Base ROM)

1. Open the Market, and search for 'darky' and download the DarkyROM Configurator App and install it.

2. After it is installed, open Darky ROM from the App Menu. Select all the options that you want to install, and deselect the ones you don't want. DO NOT select Wipe as we have already done that before using ODIN.

3. After selecting and deselecting the options according to your needs, press back to save and exit Darky ROM App.

4. Copy the file resurrection.zip (extracted from the ROM's .zip file you downloaded at the start) to your internal sd-card.

5. Now shutdown the phone, and boot into Recovery again. [Vol UP+Home+Power key]

6. Now select "Install zip from SDCARD"

> [use volume keys/rocker to move up and down, and the POWER Button to select].

7. Select "Choose zip from SDCARD" and then select the ROM zip file (resurrection.zip). Then choose "Yes."

8. After the process completes, press 'Go Back' and then 'Reboot system'.

9. Once the phone boots, you will have everything that you selected in the DarkyROM Configurator.

10. That's it. The procedure is complete.
    Enjoy the ROM! ;)

- darkyy / Joël.
    - ficeto / Hristo.
    - addicted2088
    Hey darky fans! I think I've found a even better solution. This does not require any preinstalled drivers or OS and the ROM itself is slimmer.

- download ubuntu 64 bit and burn it on a CD http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

- boot from the CD and select "try ubuntu"

- download heimdall: https://github.com/downloads/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/heimdall_1.1.1-1_amd64.deb

- install the .deb package ( double-click -> install )

- download my darky heimdall edition: http://www.multiupload.com/IN07S74GA8

- open applications -> accesssoires -> terminal

- type "cd " (with space) and drag and drop the unziped darky_heimdall folder into terminal, push enter

- connect your SGS, put it into download mode and type the following command to flash ( use right-click -> paste in terminal as cmd-v does not work)

heimdall flash --repartition --pit s1_odin_20100512.pit --factoryfs factoryfs.rfs --cache cache.rfs --dbdata dbdata.rfs --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin --param param.lfs --kernel zImage --modem modem.bin

- press enter :p

- done! your device boots into 2e recovery, press the menu button to reboot.

- this edition comes with hardcore kernel 13a ( I do not recommend to enable any tweaks or lagfixes) and is much slimmed down. Install darkys rom via CWM if you're missing something. ( The dutch apps should be removed but not sure about this. Simply removing them from dbdata.rfs made my phone crash)

Tips: use PowerAMP from Market as music player (the trial seems not to expire for me, maybe it's because I flash regularly xD. Use root uninstaller from market if you still get the damn dutch apps.
    Reserved....
    I can't download Darky ROM Resurrection from posted link. If someone still has this firmware, please kindly share.

Thanks,
    DarkyROM_10.2_Resurrection
    https://mega.co.nz/#!VpIVlKgK!ftagYd3WNSHgcuju_lleuitqO-CaoK6LnC0FYDCIQZs

Thread reported.

Hey hey hey, STOP.

Dear elhpianist,

This is my newest ROM - v9.2.
    Packaged in an Odin Tarball.
    It is basically the same as my normal CWM version, it is just for these people who had problems with the CWM version.

Because this Odin ROM is a fully working 2.2.1 XWJS3 pre-rooted and preinstalled with Recovery 2e and a custom kernel with integrated CWM, it's completely different from anything else.

It's the easiest and most secure way to get on my ROM, because it repartitions the partitions.

In facty, everyone can flash this ROM, ie. if they "soft-bricked" their phone and don't want to flash a Stock Firmware first, get Recovery 2e, root, CWM etc.

Got the idea?

- Sent from my SGS with Darky's ROM v9.2