[ODIN] Samsung Galaxy S7 (flat) SM-G930F/FD Nougat Beta (G930FXXU1ZPK4)

Search This thread

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
Ofcourse i tryed that, i'm not a noob m8 :)... But you don't seem to understand, if i disable "current location" i loose the widget and get only a "+" sign.
In another words, i am forced to use location all the time if i'm to have a working weather widget. I hope this picture will explain what i mean when location is disabled:
I guess i'll try the Czech N firmware from Sammobile.

Don't know why but i always had this issue only with BTU firmwares, whenever i would flash BTU i would lose the standard weather widget and instead get the "current weather" widget. And that's why the location needs to be enabled all the time, i hope u get me now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170121-174202.jpg
    Screenshot_20170121-174202.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
Yup, i understand you perfectly because i used to have that kind of widget on every firmware besides BTU :/
Nwm, i downloaded the Czech DPLT firmware, i'll flash tonight and hope for the best. I just don't get it, but
somehow i suspect it has something to do with CSC, not sure what or why though...

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Yup, i understand you perfectly because i used to have that kind of widget on every firmware besides BTU :/
Nwm, i downloaded the Czech DPLT firmware, i'll flash tonight and hope for the best. I just don't get it, but
somehow i suspect it has something to do with CSC, not sure what or why though...

Chronus Home & Lock widget works fine by setting a custom location and disabling GPS / Location with BTU firmware

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dvtonder.chronus&hl=en_GB

Reactions: Kemby13

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
Chronus Home & Lock widget works fine by setting a custom location and disabling GPS / Location with BTU firmware

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dvtonder.chronus&hl=en_GB

Thanks, but i already flashed that Czech firmware, and guess what - same thing all over... What a crap :rolleyes:.
But i managed to figure out why i coulden't manually set the weather widget - Nova f*cking launcher...
Imagine that :eek:! I've been using it for a long time now (Prime version) and never had any issues with widgets
besides them being a bit bigger when compared to the stock launcher. I even used it with all the N beta's without problems.
But last night i swapped my default launcher from Nova to TW, and to my surprise i could once again set the weather widget
manually and without location enabled. Weird... I guess Sammy decided to disable some of their widgets unless you use TW... :(

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Thanks, but i already flashed that Czech firmware, and guess what - same thing all over... What a crap :rolleyes:.
But i managed to figure out why i coulden't manually set the weather widget - Nova f*cking launcher...
Imagine that :eek:! I've been using it for a long time now (Prime version) and never had any issues with widgets
besides them being a bit bigger when compared to the stock launcher. I even used it with all the N beta's without problems.
But last night i swapped my default launcher from Nova to TW, and to my surprise i could once again set the weather widget
manually and without location enabled. Weird... I guess Sammy decided to disable some of their widgets unless you use TW... :(

Something else is wrong, I use Nova Launcher Prime

You can also resize any widget using Nova

Reactions: Kemby13

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
Man i'm really frustrated by this. I can't explain it. When using Nova launcher i simply can't put any other weather widget on my desktop besides the "current weather" one.
And this is what i have when using Tw:

Edit: i really give up. Will use this crappy stock launcher for a while just to see if i can get used to it...
Thx for your help :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170122-112601.jpg
    Screenshot_20170122-112601.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Man i'm really frustrated by this. I can't explain it. When using Nova launcher i simply can't put any other weather widget on my desktop besides the "current weather" one.

Edit: i really give up. Will use this crappy stock launcher for a while just to see if i can get used to it...

Did you clear caches / factory reset after switching firmwares as the original BTU had this problem is could have carried over to the new one you flashed

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Yep, did a clean flash everytime and if not than a factory reset was done.

The only other thing I can think is that you are restoring apps from Google backup / Nova backup, which is bringing through the same bug

A Clean flash, and no restore should not have the same problem as before

Other than that, I'm out of ideas :)

AMoosa

Sep 24, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

Some of the widgets will only work on the Samsung launcher. I have the exact same situation as you. I only have the widget with weather only on Nova. You're not doing anything wrong. That's just how it is. I'm on btu too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Some of the widgets will only work on the Samsung launcher. I have the exact same situation as you. I only have the widget with weather only on Nova. You're not doing anything wrong. That's just how it is. I'm on btu too.

That's not what he's saying, he can't put ANY weather widget on Nova homescreen with location disabled, including weather widgets that I have working fine on Nova

Read back a page

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
The only other thing I can think is that you are restoring apps from Google backup / Nova backup, which is bringing through the same bug

A Clean flash, and no restore should not have the same problem as before

Other than that, I'm out of ideas :)

Yeah, you could be right, i do restore apps with Smart Switch...
But i also tryed to clean install Nova launcher after without restoring it's backup, and the same problem occurs. Its just like @AMoosa said, obviously some widgets only work with Samsung's launcher... But the funny thing is, when ever i updated from MM to N (even the betas), weather widget worked fine. Only after a clean install (odin flash) i had this issue...

kingstone59

Dec 2, 2008
Hello,

I got this version G930FXXU1ZPK4. Flash from here. Don't have the beta programme.
Can I have the official OTA ? if no can I update to last firmware without wipe data ?

hasan lakha

Jul 1, 2016
OnePlus Nord
Hey guys i needed some help. Im currently running android 7.0 beta on my G930F. The firmware is of netherlands but my csc is of argentina and i want to flash the official 7.0 update but problem is that its only available in a few countries like UAE and UK. I was thinking of flashing the flashing the AP BL CP files of the official 7.0 firmware but HOME_CSC of my original argentinain 6.0.1 firmware. What do you think? Please help me out and correct me if im wrong. Looking forward to your cooperation guys! :)

ahmad747

Apr 28, 2017
Hello,

I have S7 G930F orange france.

This post says official nougat was released in Jan 2017 but my phone is on marshmallow and not mentioning any available update. What can I do please

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware info

Model name: Galaxy S7
    Model: SM-G930F/FD
    Version: Android 7.0
    Changelist: 9658725
    PDA: G930FXXU1ZPK4
    MODEM: G930FXXU1ZPK4

Galaxy S7/ Edge - Android 7.0 Nougat I 4k Quick Review

Android Nougat For Galaxy S7 S7 Edge
    Installation and First Impressions

- Its NOT Korean , It's the English BTU version -

* Backup your data before flashing, flashing firmware with Odin wipes internal storage *

Download

Mirror Download link big thanks to @viking_vp3

Source

Samfirm Thread
    Has anyone tried to flash it with the same old HOME_CSC file that is already on the device, so that it doesn't wipe the device?

OK, so I took the plunge and updated the firmware using 3 of the nougat files, but with the HOME_CSC of my current firmware (EVR 6.0.1). The result was......the update in odin ran fine, the phone updated fine, then got to the Apps updating screen which went fine, and everything seems to be running fine. no reset, no data loss, no force closes. The new Grace UX is lovely. Very clean. The new phone interface looks great too.
    4th Beta (As stated in their notes) facebook fix was not a beta release

And the more betas, the more stable and optimised the final will be, why would you want them to push out the final when the betas are not stable yet?

In order for the final to be 100% stable and optimised, the last beta they push needs to be near perfect, the final release is just a beta with a few more fixes and a different name

Sound like these guys who won't install beta graphics drivers, and only use WHQL drivers... breaking news, they are the same beta driver but signed

Do you know how many betas Microsoft push out for Windows 10 before releasing the final? A lot more than four

Flash back to MM and stop complaining, it's a beta program for a reason

Or sell the phone, buy one that already has the final Nougat

Personally I would be happy to see betas into January if it meant my phone would be running the best it possibly could, rather than skip QC and rush it out to make the impatient ones who don't seem to understand what beta testing is for, happy

First, the fact that it's another 7.0 beta release indicates Samsung is not ready with 7.1.1. Like I said before, Google announced that the 7.1 CTS will be available in January which means we will most likely not see any 7.1.1 except the ones on Google devices (Pixel/Nexus) before January. I don't understand all the talk about 7.1.x - if you want the latest from Google get a pure Google device.

Second, Android 7.x is going to be quite important for Samsung specifically on the GS7/GS7Edge. After the Note 7 fiasco Samsung needs a device to pit against the iPhone 7 / 7 plus, the Pixel/Pixel XL and other "flagships" that can eat at its market share. It makes sense to thoroughly test it and get customer feedback (hence the beta program).
    It's actually great that we are getting another beta to test. In fact, I hope Samsung adopts the same approach as Microsoft and create a permanent open beta program and engages its customers much more.

Third, as for Samsung's slow time to market - yes, it is taking forever.. but consider this, Samsung devices use a lot propriety technology and IP. It's harder to test and certify all these components.
    Google Nexus and Pixel devices are all Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC-based (and normally use Sony IMX camera sensors) which means as soon as Google releases to AOSP the relevant drivers are out as well making the life for the likes of LG, HTC, Motorola, etc (who use Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC sand Sony IMX sensors) much easier. With the exclusion of the Huawei Mate 9 (HiSilicon 960), I don't recall seeing any other SoC (Mediatek, HiSilicon) ready with a Nougat release (even the HiSilicon 950-based P9 which is due to get Android 7.0 in January)
    So it makes sense for Samsung to take longer for the Exynos-based phones, especially since some have Sony IMX sensors and some Samsung's ISOCELL.
    As for most of the SD820 based ones, they are carrier controlled which adds a whole boat-load of delays and testing...

I'm pretty sure Samsung could easily update all their Qualcomm-based mid-range devices to Nougat but that would upset all the flagship owners even more.

Finally, I think it's best for everyone involved to relax and enjoy the holiday season :). Samsung will release Android 7.0 or 7.1.1 when it is ready to do so.
    Here are a couple of screenshots post install on my 930FD

26c1e70d5cb3ca63a8c3f1bda2f03710.jpg
    .jpg
    d510ff77684761f9899f0220554ca961.jpg
    1cd8f883795188b1069fb9c71c2ff8d2.jpg
    15dbf09914ffd0f5db4f58541685b798.jpg
    8b948410a643e194e80e515d5aef99c4.jpg
    fc53e8e9a89c488e7a4b9ff531de6274.jpg

c5c9955f3e73ab5508995fe62686aa75.jpg

Hi,
    I'd love to share my experiences with second beta (ZPKC):
    - camera is getting closer to stock MM levels. evening shots are fine now, especially in pro mode with adjustments
    - they addressed the wifi toggle issue, even wifi signal is much better now, tested on 3 different routers.
    - battery issues are corrected, last night it drained 3% during 9 hours while sleeping. no more stupid 25% drains.
    - SOT is about 4.5-6 hours as someone confirmed above.
    - significantly louder music player volume (at least on bluetooth)

It seems you can't register as a beta tester any more. However if you have registered earlier you'll get the updates even if you flashed the leaked samfirm fw with the CSC included.
    If you haven't received the second update yet and registered for the beta you should factory reset your device. Then go back to the update menu and finally it will say "registered for updates" and starts to download the ZPKC one (it's about 93mb). This is highly recommended, I haven't received any update until the reset and got mad because of the battery drain, while the patch was out already around Wednesday/Thursday.

Hope I helped and sorry about the whining earlier.