• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Odin: Stuck at Prism.img

Search This thread

smatak

Apr 13, 2012
Hi all,
I updated my exynos S20 to latest FW via Smart Switch from PC. On 92% it stucked. I left it several minutes, but it did not helped.
I have blue screen with message - Secure check fail: (Radio). See attachement.

I tried to download the full FW package from sammobile and flash it over odin but it get stuck at prism.img, no error, just wouldnt move.
Any ideas please?

Attachments

• 20210815_144427.jpg
    20210815_144427.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 39

smatak

Apr 13, 2012
What did you use to update Smart Switch or Odin?
The smart switch first and the update failed. I was also unable to restore the emergency backup from smart switch. So I tried to update it with Odin, but it failed on prism.img. I tried different odin version, cables, usb ports and PCs. I was broken so I gave it last chance and tried to restore emergency backup from smart switch once again and it passed. :) So I have phone back alive.

siecioslaw

Jan 22, 2011
Hi! I have the same issue. I've tried to update to DUH5 XEO FROM DUH2 with Odin and it stoped on PRISM. I've tried the older (DUH2 and older) versions and I've got "not supporter version". I've tried DUH5 XEO severals times with diffrent cables and computers - no succes. I'm not able to use recovery with Smart Switch also - no recovery is found. I'm using original firmaware from sammobile. Error code is "secure check failed (radio)".
Any ideas how to unbrick the phone?

Last edited:

smatak

Apr 13, 2012
It failed again for me during september update via smartswitch. I was able to fix it again like I wrote before.

You can try to flash the previous august fw via odin. it will fail and you will see fail message with binary version on the display. unplug it, restart the phone and flash it vith odin again but now with september fw update. odin flash will pass and the phone will boot up to system.

siecioslaw

Jan 22, 2011
It failed again for me during september update via smartswitch. I was able to fix it again like I wrote before.

You can try to flash the previous august fw via odin. it will fail and you will see fail message with binary version on the display. unplug it, restart the phone and flash it vith odin again but now with september fw update. odin flash will pass and the phone will boot up to system.
Hi! Thanks! I've tried so but with no success. I suspect:
1. something goes wrong with flashing and there is a wrong version information in memory
2. there was a change in previous version operator selection and multicert version is not possible any more for my phone
Thanks anyway. I'll wait for operators version a few days and we'll see.

noiwid

Mar 15, 2016
Hi,
I face exactly same issue... I use XEF firmwares (France) and was on DUH2 version, I've tryied to update to DUH5 via ODIN, and the upade process stay stuck on PRISM step.

Now my phone boot with blue screen "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the SmartSwitch app"

I've try different solutions but don't find yet how to sort it out :

a) Try again flash of DUH5 via ODIN, exactly same issue (ie : update stops on PRISM step)

b) Opened SmartSwitch emergency recovery menu, but It don't list nothing... no way to choose my phone!

c) Try to flash back the previous DUH2 fimaware via ODIN, it stops at the very begning of the process with this
message in red :
ON_FAIL_SECURE_CHECK_FAIL
SM_REV. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE : 0xa BINARY : 0x9

d) Try to flash another country version (DBT / Germany) of the last firmware DUH5, without no more success :(

I'm really disapointed, and the FoMo is growing 😅
Any idea on how to ressucite my precious S20 ?

unfnknblvbl

Sep 11, 2009
Adelaide
Hi,
I face exactly same issue... I use XEF firmwares (France) and was on DUH2 version, I've tryied to update to DUH5 via ODIN, and the upade process stay stuck on PRISM step.

Now my phone boot with blue screen "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the SmartSwitch app"

I've try different solutions but don't find yet how to sort it out :

a) Try again flash of DUH5 via ODIN, exactly same issue (ie : update stops on PRISM step)

b) Opened SmartSwitch emergency recovery menu, but It don't list nothing... no way to choose my phone!

c) Try to flash back the previous DUH2 fimaware via ODIN, it stops at the very begning of the process with this
message in red :
ON_FAIL_SECURE_CHECK_FAIL
SM_REV. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE : 0xa BINARY : 0x9

d) Try to flash another country version (DBT / Germany) of the last firmware DUH5, without no more success :(

I'm really disapointed, and the FoMo is growing 😅
Any idea on how to ressucite my precious S20 ?

I had exactly the same issue just now. I just reflashed the HOME_CSC file. The phone then booted into a brief error message, but it went away and rebooted again. The phone appears to have rebooted fine just now with no issues... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

noiwid

Mar 15, 2016
Thanks for your feedback, I finaly find the way to get my phone back by trying again to reflash it with the DUH5 firmware, but this time with the CSC instead of the HOME_CSV... means it was cleared from all datas (except SD).

I had a full backup from 30 days ago, and autobackup of whatsapp/journal/messages from 3/7 days ago... so it wasn't so bad it could be. But it's really painfull and timekiller to end configuration of the phone (re-logon all apps / set them up), etc..

Moral : We should always take time to do a full backup before a firmware update... :(