[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Search This thread

JeeperDon

Nov 1, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
OnePlus 8
I'm on MK2 and rooted, and I have the paid version of SuperSU and it's 'Survival Mode'. This mode has helped get through prior upgrades, like to MK2. Does anyone know if survival mode will allow me to use the non-wipe NC5 method here and keep root? If not now, is that the intent of Surge's current NC5 development efforts?

Last edited:

stoicwood

Jul 19, 2012
I'm on MK2 and rooted, and I have the paid version of SuperSU and it's 'Survival Mode'. This mode has helped get through prior upgrades, like to MK2. Does anyone know if survival mode will allow me to use the non-wipe NC5 method here and keep root? If not now, is that the intent of Surge's current NC5 development efforts?

Question 1: It will not help.
Question 2: Yes, Surge and others are trying to get a solid method similar to the leaked version that many have had success with.

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
im on rooted mk2, can i use the no wipe nc5 to upgrade and unroot all in one shot, without losing my data? as well will this flash the stock recovery?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Last edited:

jam97

Nov 3, 2009
Thank you so much!
I dont need them any more.Now I have a sprint galaxy s4 with unlocked bootloader.
bye verizon...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

DandroidT

May 18, 2011
I got a i545 that stuck at the "Samsung galaxy s4" screen. I tried the no wipe and full wipe, all successed but it still stuck at the "samsung galaxy s4" screen with a message at the top left corner "recovery booting". Any idea to fix this?

Socialoutcast

Jan 4, 2008
Hillsboro
I got a i545 that stuck at the "Samsung galaxy s4" screen. I tried the no wipe and full wipe, all successed but it still stuck at the "samsung galaxy s4" screen with a message at the top left corner "recovery booting". Any idea to fix this?

I get a fail on system.img.ext4 for both files. It says write operation failed. I am now soft bricked :(. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Narc0lept1cN1nja

Apr 12, 2011
Can anybody upload a working mirrors for these? All of the links for that downloads are giving me a broken archive errors. Along with the torrent having no seeds, righ now anyway.

I get a fail on system.img.ext4 for both files. It says write operation failed. I am now soft bricked :(. Any ideas?

Did you successfully open the files? That would definitely be a problem. I was having the same problem before. Retry the Full-Wipe. I just got it to run, and pass.

Last edited:

Shotjas

May 29, 2013
Cincinnati
I am so sick and tired of Androidfilehost .. every single time I download something to fix my phone from a broken operation, the file is corrupt, missing something or completely fails the md5 check. I have to download it 5 times (or more) just to ensure that I get a decent and good download. I really wish the developers/coders/whoever would use a different method to store the files for us to use.

/rant

Narc0lept1cN1nja

Apr 12, 2011
Yeah, dude. I'm a full supporter of torrents on here. So much faster, and seams to be far more reliable.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

jmurdz

Feb 5, 2011
Yes I have an S4 which will not boot up. Using tablet to post. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ghost0001

Dec 28, 2010
Killeen
Thanks for the upgrade. It works so far. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it fails anywhere. So far the only problem is I forgot I froze some apps with Titanium Backup and now I cannot unfreeze them. They were system apps, like the SDM for update. That was my fault for not preparing properly. I used your no-wipe option and it was a success. Next time I should take the time to read though. I didn't catch that there was no root. Not your fault. I just made the mistake of installing before I read all the instructions.:good:

lorenzoraj

Jun 10, 2014
HELP
My device was soft brick on NC5, so i use full wipe NC5 tar and pit file for stock recovery. Odin flash pass but stuck in odin mode with completed blue bar for hours. I pulled out battery and try to go to recovery booting but it also stuck in recovery booting on top left and SG4 logo. Normal startup also stuck with recovery booting on top left and SG4 logo. Any help is appreciated

Narc0lept1cN1nja

Apr 12, 2011
HELP
My device was soft brick on NC5, so i use full wipe NC5 tar and pit file for stock recovery. Odin flash pass but stuck in odin mode with completed blue bar for hours. I pulled out battery and try to go to recovery booting but it also stuck in recovery booting on top left and SG4 logo. Normal startup also stuck with recovery booting on top left and SG4 logo. Any help is appreciated

I had the same thing for a day or two. I literally did nothing different. I just kept trying, and the files just decided to Pass one time.

However, make sure you verify the checksum MD5 on the files. I've been having a lot of trouble with corrupt downloads lately. Verifying them will save you headache and time.

Reactions: decaturbob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

This is a new update for SCH-1545 taking users to VRUFNC5. This is the stock factory image. Also, If you need to go back to stock for whatever reason and this Odin tar doesn't work I suggest using the VRUFNC2 factory image from sextape instead.

For the sake of simplicity, I've also included a mirror to the MJ7 and MK2 "emergency" Full-wipe Odin tars as well MJ7 Full-Wipe and MK2 Full-Wipe

@Tomsgt made a great video of the process that can be viewed here

Information:

1. ROOT METHOD can be found here

2. Otherwise, Download Odin 3.09 here (Note: Bootloader = BL , PDA = AP , Phone = CP)

Download: VRUFNC5 No-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_yni63xq6zh.zip
    MD5: 71d1c7ea58d2ba81ccadd965b54a2215

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip
    MD5: 8a22dd4a47c2c5f890227fd952657d38

Directions:

No-Wipe

1. Unzip the file and you should have a tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Click start and wait for it to say Pass!

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)

1. Unzip the file and you should have a ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Extract the PIT file from your phone or Odin tar, also I've uploaded it here just in case.
    4. Put the PIT file in PIT and load the the Odin tar.md5 in PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) then click start.
    To all:

I get a lot of messages about no-wipe resulting in error messages when downgrading from NG6 to NC5. This is to be expected, you can't expect everything to just work out great when downgrading from a newer version to older, and you guys should be using full wipe anyways to get rid of data errors. If keeping your data is that important to you, then I suggest backing up to your pc first.

P.S. Be thankful you can even downgrade in the first place
    great news! can you fix the link for NC5 no wipe? thank you!

Thanks for posting these...but the no wipe NC5 link isn't working for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Fixed

I like to tell people it's in the 180-200 range but truthfully it's probably closer to average.
    @Surge1223 I'm going to ask to be 100% certain, but I'm on rooted stock MK2..... The no-wipe will allow me to retain root, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

U will lose root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app