[ODIN][VRALJB][VRAMC3][VRUEMJ9] Restore to Stock

Search This thread

jpleez

Oct 12, 2009
I updated to VRUEMJ9 using Odin but my device status is still showing custom. All I want is a completely stock rom, no unlocked bootloader, no root, PURE stock 4.3 because I want to be able to update to stock 4.4 when it becomes available in 10 months. What is keeping my device as custom?

Last edited:

marcdman4000

Aug 18, 2013
Redlands
I updated to VRUEMJ9 using Odin but my device status is still showing custom. All I want is a completely stock rom, no unlocked bootloader, no root, PURE stock 4.3 because I want to be able to update to stock 4.4 when it becomes available in 10 months. What is keeping my device as custom?

So your unlocked and rooted with MJ9? if so, cant you just downgrade to 4.1.2 with odin and then accept the OTA MJ9? Im not positive if this will work. but this is what I would do.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

OK so I down graded from a modified MJ9 back to 4.1.2 and relocked and unrooted my phone.then took the OTA MJ9. I wanted to go back to root and unlocked. So I thought I could just down grade like last time when I was rooted. Big mistake. Odin failed and now I am majorly screwed. Can I use the MJ9 file provided here and the stock pit file to get me back online?

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

this file saved my ass. Just used Odin Pit file and the MJ9tar. and it fixed my brick. but how do I root and unlock MJ9?

Last edited:

funnyperson1

Jul 17, 2007
So your unlocked and rooted with MJ9? if so, cant you just downgrade to 4.1.2 with odin and then accept the OTA MJ9? Im not positive if this will work. but this is what I would do.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

OK so I down graded from a modified MJ9 back to 4.1.2 and relocked and unrooted my phone.then took the OTA MJ9. I wanted to go back to root and unlocked. So I thought I could just down grade like last time when I was rooted. Big mistake. Odin failed and now I am majorly screwed. Can I use the MJ9 file provided here and the stock pit file to get me back online?

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

this file saved my ass. Just used Odin Pit file and the MJ9tar. and it fixed my brick. but how do I root and unlock MJ9?

Search for safe root for 4.3 root. You can't unlock the bootloader though, to shouldn't have taken the Ota. Nobody has unlocked mj9 and probably nobody will.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

juanaraya92679

Oct 11, 2010
Santa Ana
All i'm desperate for help,
I am not new to using odin and I've done this galaxy devices since the Epic 4g on sprint. My device is stuck on the samsung galaxy note II screen and the stock recovery won't load if I hold VOlume UP , power and the home button.

Odin says pass and resets the device. I've tried the pit file as well and still nothing. It just sits on the first boot logo of "Samsung Galaxy Note II"

Anyone who can provide me a direct google docs link to a stock stock ODIN file because every file on xda and on the web from Other sites are not working. I was previously on jedi x rom with 4.1.2 and all I did was flash the MJ9 odin to start then I went on a 24 hour download binge of every odin for the i605 online with no results but a boot loop.
Help, i'm desperate. :(

[edit]
Okay I fixed it guys... finally found a good ODIN Image.
Look for one by the name of I605_VRAMC3_Restore.tar.mdg5

Best of Luck.

Last edited:

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
Amazing.

Here is an "official" Odin restore file to return your phone back to the shipping software. Why is this useful? Well, to restore your phone back to the stock software. This is an invaluable tool for anyone messing around with their phone. If/when an OTA update is released, I'll post any future stock Odin files here as well, but for now, there is only one. A nice way to say thanks is the donate button as well, and it will help keep my hosting alive for these huge Odin files.

[size=+1]Instructions[/size]
  1. Download the file below
  2. Put your phone into download mode and connect it to your computer
  3. Open Odin and make sure your phone is selected
  4. Put the downloaded file in the PDA box
  5. Press start
  6. Enjoy a stock phone

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
VRALJB
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
Alternate Restore Mirror

VRAMC3
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Alternate Restore Mirror

VRUEMJ9
Download Me

NOTE: I am not responsible for any issues caused by flashing this. Do so at your own risk. If you don't know what you're doing, then you may want to take a few extra minutes to read up on flashing with Odin before you make a very expensive paperweight

Odin and this just saved me from a horrible situation. My phone's charging port won't work any more and i needed to return to stock. Somehow Odin recognized my phone and I should now be able to return to stock to redeem warranty.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
I used this technique (with PIT file)and everything went fine but I went into a boot loop on the Verizon screen.

So I pulled the battery and by going into stock recovery and choosing reset data took care of the problem.

In case anyone runs into something similar. Of course your mileage my vary.

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
So I'm already on VRAMC3, am i good or do i need the VRUEMJ9?..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You're good to stay on VRAMC3, because if you flash the full unmodified stock version of 4.3 MJ9 or higher build, then you will end up locking your bootloader with no current way for you to unlock it on your own. As you've probably seen, there's tons of ROM'S in development section that have detailed instructions on how to flash them. So you can keep the VRAMC3 bootloader, but flash the newer ROM'S that are based off of newer 4.3/4.4 builds.

Reactions: virginwidow

Grandroidster

Apr 15, 2011
San diego County
You're good to stay on VRAMC3, because if you flash the full unmodified stock version of 4.3 MJ9 or higher build, then you will end up locking your bootloader with no current way for you to unlock it on your own. As you've probably seen, there's tons of ROM'S in development section that have detailed instructions on how to flash them. So you can keep the VRAMC3 bootloader, but flash the newer ROM'S that are based off of newer 4.3/4.4 builds.

Ok kool thanks man, appreciate the thorough reply.. So does that mean i can't flash stock ROMs? And only custom 4.3+?..Or any 4.3+ ROM is good?.. I ask because some devs state in their ROM OP about updating to the MJ9 build so that had me sort of turned around lol..

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
Ok kool thanks man, appreciate the thorough reply.. So does that mean i can't flash stock ROMs? And only custom 4.3+?..Or any 4.3+ ROM is good?.. I ask because some devs state in their ROM OP about updating to the MJ9 build so that had me sort of turned around lol..

Right- at least for now....if you flash any full stock/official Verizon SCH-I605 firmware (ROM) that is 4.3+, then you will lock your bootloader with no current (unpaid) way to unlock it. 4.1.2 is currently the last build that you can unlock your bootloader on by yourself. There is a root method for full stock 4.3 MJ9, but no bootloader unlock method. There's no root or bootloader unlock yet for full stock 4.4.2 ND7.

Developer Beanstown106 made a modified stock version of the 4.3 MJ9 firmware that will give you the modems for 4.3, but won't relock the bootloader. So when you see the other modified 4.3+ ROM'S telling you to flash the updated MJ9 firmware, this is what they mean. Here was Beanstown106's initial thread for reference: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48681499

Last edited:

z71kris

Nov 8, 2011
I keep getting
Added!!
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
MD5 hash value is invalid
CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar (2).md5 is invalid.
End...
ive tried multiple files already...what am I missing?

Edit* I figured it out, thanks.

Last edited:

Wishkah420

Nov 27, 2010
Lansing, MI
Please Help!

Long story short... Dropped my phone smashed the screen, got a replacement with locked boot loader(sigh)... Now I need to return this thing to stock so I can ship it back. Odin sees my phone just fine but fails on all of the images I downloaded at sboot.bin. The phone I'm trying to return to stock has unlocked bootloader so I don't see why I'm having such a hard time. I got one image to flash but it boot loops at the samsung logo. I tried the Q&A guide, I've tried the alternate guide but so far nothing.. I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5.xz won't extract, I can't rename it, and ODIN doesn't like it... In download mode I get the following:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:SCH-I605
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Offical
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Edit: I got I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5.xz to extract with 7zip but still fails in Odin...

Last edited:

pchoi79

Feb 26, 2009
it appears I have the boot loop of the samsung galaxy note. I tried to go into recovery holding power, volume down (also did volume up) start button.. but it gets me to the warning with the exclamation. I proceed with the option to install custom rom, but it takes me to download mode, indicating that i have stock rom installed. can anyone assist me here. Thanks

ZackFearheart

May 7, 2012
Columbus
IS there a 4.4.2 stock file for download? I need it, As this is what my phone was on and I can't odin back (Un soft brick) because those are older files...

shanusmarty

Sep 4, 2008
Hi, I tried to restore to stock but still is stuck on boot logo but I can very well go to recovery and download mode,but going to recovery throws errors,one of my friend says that emmc is gone, but I still have hopes, please help me out,I m attaching pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Please help me out asap.
Thanks in advance

rgp1236

Nov 5, 2011
Dallas
Moto G Power
Here is an "official" Odin restore file to return your phone back to the shipping software. Why is this useful? Well, to restore your phone back to the stock software. This is an invaluable tool for anyone messing around with their phone. If/when an OTA update is released, I'll post any future stock Odin files here as well, but for now, there is only one. A nice way to say thanks is the donate button as well, and it will help keep my hosting alive for these huge Odin files.

5. Press start
  6. Enjoy a stock phone

VRALJB
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Alternate Restore Mirror

VRAMC3
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Alternate Restore Mirror

VRUEMJ9
Download Me

NOTE: I am not responsible for any issues caused by flashing this. Do so at your own risk. If you don't know what you're doing, then you may want to take a few extra minutes to read up on flashing with Odin before you make a very expensive paperweight
Can the bootloader on the MJ9 file be unlocked?

Mar 20, 2011
Does anyone have a stock ND7 image for odin lying around? Been looking and haven't seen one posted.

Also, for some reason, stock rooted MJ9 updated to ND3, but the update to ND7 fails. Anyone know if I can odin back to MJ9?

Thanks in advance!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5. Press start
    6. Enjoy a stock phone

VRALJB
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore Mirror

VRAMC3
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore Mirror

VRUEMJ9
    Download Me

I will have a package posted soon that allows you to restore to stock VRALL4 and maintain an unlocked bootloader as well. I just need to test and verify that everything is working first, as I didn't have time to do so before I packaged it up earlier today. I can also create a restore package that will take you to fully stock VRALL4 (including bootloader) if people would like it.
    Updated OP with 4.3 file
    I just posted an alternate restore package in the OP. It will return you to stock but retain the unlocked bootloader. This would be if you FUBAR'd something and want to go back to stock, but not have to worry about unlocking again.
    I love seeing this name in the this forum.... Please tell me your working on the Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Kind of ;)

Time is sparse these days.