• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ODIN without Userdata wipe?

Search This thread

BBRecon

May 2, 2016
Hi,

My phone is stuck in a bootloop because of a system error. Is it possible to use odin to flash stock system WITHOUT wiping userdata (installed apps + all data, and internal data).

I don't care if it's a dirty wipe.

My phone should have OK2 installed right now. Specifically, it's xposed that's causing my bootloop. And trying xposed safemode didn't seem to work.

Adb was enabled, but it sees my computer as "unathorized" unfortunately

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments about how to get my system back without losing my userdata. My messages are important to me :/

Last edited:

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
You will probably have to backup everything with titanium backup or my backup app then do a factory data reset and reinstall all your apps. There is no ODIN file for OK2 firmware to my knowledge, just NB1.

Last edited:

BBRecon

May 2, 2016
You will probably have to backup everything with titanium backup or my backup app then do a factory data reset and reinstall all your apps. There is no ODIN file for OK2 firmware to my knowledge, just NB1.
I can't do that unfortunately because I can't get past the bootloop. :/ If I even had the opportunity to backup everything, that would be awesome (of course, if I got that far, I wouldn't need to flash ODIN because it would be fixed)

If I could ODIN without wiping userdata, that would be perfect. ODIN to NB1 is ok if my data is there, I'll deal with the issues and reupgrade)

Last edited:

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
You might be able to ODIN back to NB1 and keep everything. I know on the galaxy s2 if you use mobile ODIN to flash stock firmware over stock firmware, it keeps your stuff. Not sure the case is the same on the s4. You may just have to bite the bullet and lose everything to get your phone working again.

Lorito´s

Jul 27, 2021
como resolver esse problema que diabos está acontecendo?
eu acho que o vbmeta que está incluído dentro do firmware não é oficial da Samsung......
Você está tentando mostrar uma rom personalizada?
E sim, a causa do bootloader sendo bloqueado é por isso que você não pode mostrar um binário não oficial

Translation by GT:
how to solve this problem what the hell is going on?
i think the vbmeta that is included within the firmware is not official from Samsung......
Are you trying to show a custom rom?
And yes, the cause of the bootloader being blocked is why you cannot show an unofficial binary

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts