OEM HTC Extended Battery Cover for HTC Hero

Search This thread

neil1492

Aug 22, 2008
I did a search on Amazon today and found an extended battery cover that appears to be OEM. I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere on the forums. Does anyone know if this is the real deal? What battery would fit under this cover? The big Seidio one maybe? Or did HTC release their own that I can't find?

I can't post the link because I am a new member. A search on Amazon for the following will pull it up though...."OEM HTC Extended Battery Cover for HTC Hero (Sprint)"

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Don't buy Mugen or Seidio, they are rip offs.
Buy this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2600mAh-Ext...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a08319061

It's a great battery, and if you want to see how it looks here's from the other thread:
Well the 3200mAh battery didn't have a compatible cover (that fits) but somehow vinyl skin cover can fit around it and the whole phone, even though it's only 1790mAh actual, the battery life is awesome, I've gotten 1.5 days with regular (but not crazy) usage. Definitely alot better than standard, and btw I'm overclocked so the unoverclocked may be even more.

The 2600mAh battery (true capacity unknown) seems to be pretty much equal with the "3200mAh" it but came with a compatible cover.

"3200 mAh" with and without the little vinyl skin
P1040330.jpg

P1040329.jpg

"2600 mAh" with and without the cover
P1040332.jpg

P1040331.jpg

Either is great but obviously there'd be no back cover for the one if I didn't have a vinyl skin cover (the battery was actually for a GSM Hero but fits the same contacts). I recommend them both :D

neil1492

Aug 22, 2008
I went ahead and ordered that battery on eBay. For as cheap as it is, I can't go wrong. The battery cover looks better than other ones I have seen too.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
I went ahead and ordered that battery on eBay. For as cheap as it is, I can't go wrong. The battery cover looks better than other ones I have seen too.
Yeah it's pretty comfortable, especially when I'm playing the gameboy emulator. It feels like a little gameboy how the back hump fits my hands

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
I'm new to the new battery thing how much better are these from stock

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
Seems to be like 150% or better, but it's hard to say from personal experience because when I started using the extended batteries I also started overclocking (which lowers battery life) so, it could be ALOT better if you don't. But even still I really like the extra battery life I've gotten.
The best part is that the extended batteries aren't much more than the standard :D

bcarter2000

Nov 12, 2008
Jackson, MS
I bout some rechargable lithium batteries for my xbox360, supposed to be extended life, but after two recharges, they went downhill fast. You might get lucky, but usually you get what you pay for.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
I bout some rechargable lithium batteries for my xbox360, supposed to be extended life, but after two recharges, they went downhill fast. You might get lucky, but usually you get what you pay for.
I haven't had any issues with any of the batteries I've purchased, I treat them well and they treat me well.

And I highly doubt one gets what they pay for when they spend $80 on a battery, well no I take that back... Mugen and Seidio do turn a hefty profit :eek:

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
regardless what u think bout seidio or mugen...i have the 3500 mAh seidio.. and personally love it.. have everything turned on all day.. gps. brightness all the way up etc.. and use the heck outta my hero. and it lasts all freaking day.. that 2600 mAh might not last for me.. etc.. You get what u pay for.. and while i do believe the seidio is too high..I have no complaints what so ever..

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone