OEM toggle and Uncertified Play store

Search This thread

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
I have S9 plus, i have noticed that my Google play store is uncertified, tried every possible way to solve it, clearing cache and data, factory reset, everything..
But then i remembered that the only thing that i changed since i bought it is toggling the OEM unlock ONLY (am not rooted and the knox is not tripper, nor twrp, nothing at all, i didn't even connect it to a PC)..
This made me thinking, could it be that once you toggle the OEM unlock and after the phone is reset whenever you restart it, and you go into the 7 days jail, the play store will be uncirtified.. Is it something anyone have faced?
Am not sure if the connection between both factors is right, but would that mean after passing the 7 days jail, the play store should get back to be certified..
If anyone can give me some thoughts or feedback, that will be helpful..

ticalo

Aug 28, 2008
Heaven
I have S9 plus, i have noticed that my Google play store is uncertified, tried every possible way to solve it, clearing cache and data, factory reset, everything..
But then i remembered that the only thing that i changed since i bought it is toggling the OEM unlock ONLY (am not rooted and the knox is not tripper, nor twrp, nothing at all, i didn't even connect it to a PC)..
This made me thinking, could it be that once you toggle the OEM unlock and after the phone is reset whenever you restart it, and you go into the 7 days jail, the play store will be uncirtified.. Is it something anyone have faced?
Am not sure if the connection between both factors is right, but would that mean after passing the 7 days jail, the play store should get back to be certified..

I thought OEM unlock will trip knox?

ticalo

Aug 28, 2008
Heaven
No never.. Unless you load twrp.. Once twrp is flashed by odin, then knox is tripped.. Mine knox is 0x000 and samsung pass works
(thats my experience from note8 and s8+)

Thanks for the explanation, does this mean we'll be able to flash original AOSP system image without tripping knox?

(Sorry for stealing your thread)

brouwerchris

Apr 8, 2011
Westervoort
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Same happened to me.
Day one I set up my S9+,unlocked OEM and before reboot I installed OTA update.
After installation of OTA was forced to factory reset.
Ever since Play Store is uncertified,impossible to change.

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
Same happened to me.
Day one I set up my S9+,unlocked OEM and before reboot I installed OTA update.
After installation of OTA was forced to factory reset.
Ever since Play Store is uncertified,impossible to change.
Did you pass the 7 days jail time? Did OEM unlock show up again? Am waiting for the jail time to pass, then will try to reset the phone again and see..
Keep in mind that you have to keep your phone 7 days without a restart to get out of jail, you need to check the time up in the phone status section..

Last edited:

inteks

Oct 14, 2006
After OEM lock the device is Certificate d again. And i.e. Netflix is back in store.... But be aware it will factoryreset you phone again. ( This only works if you dont trip knox)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
After OEM lock the device is Certificate d again. And i.e. Netflix is back in store.... But be aware it will factoryreset you phone again. ( This only works if you dont trip knox)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
Thank you.. Finally someone replied with a solid answer..
Just wondering, did you leave the phone 7 days with or without logging in google account and/or samsung account? And did you have sim card in? Am asking these questions because am seeing few users reporting that OEM didn't show up again due to one of the above reasons or another..

XmlNode

May 10, 2010
OEM unlock should be set off. Anytime after a factory reset go to developer menu and set it off. It will reset again, but it will be set off at least. Tricky because you would think that it is off after a factory reset, but it is not the case.

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
OEM unlock should be set off. Anytime after a factory reset go to developer menu and set it off. It will reset again, but it will be set off at least. Tricky because you would think that it is off after a factory reset, but it is not the case.
We agree on that. But we are talking about the correlation between OEM unlock and uncertified play store.. And how to get the OEM unlock to show up again.. Thats the tricky part.. (and unfair from samsung)..

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
So does that mean you can install apps and games?
You can install apps and games, but not all of them, there are apps that check for the certification, like Netflix, pokemon go, some banking apps and other apps, they will not show up at all when searching for them in Google play..

XmlNode

May 10, 2010
We agree on that. But we are talking about the correlation between OEM unlock and uncertified play store.. And how to get the OEM unlock to show up again.. Thats the tricky part.. (and unfair from samsung)..

I see. When it happened to me, Play was fine after the OEM unlock hard reset, and after the second one when I turned it off really. I am not sure if there is a connection between the two things.

Reactions: Amjad.AbdulGhani

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
So, I'm currently experiencing this exact issue. Were you able to get back playstore certification status to certified??
Simply i gave up, but i think you should keep your sim in ur phone with a registered play store/Samsung account for 7 days without restarting ur phone.. I moved back to my pixel 2 xl because of this unfair controlled way that Samsung is dealing with its users.. They didn't even put a warning explaining this.. So good luck..

santosangelob

Sep 14, 2018
There's a way to make the device certified again.
1. You need to go to developers options then turn off OEM unlock.
2. Go to setting, then apps and look for google play store then clear cache and data, disable and enable it.
3. Turn off the phone and go to recovery mode by pressing volume up, bixby and power button simultaneously, release after the samsung logo appeared. Wait until it loaded the menu.
4. Clear cache your device then reboot.
5. Open google play store and let it load, force close it through recents menu.
6. Open google play store again and you should see that your device is certified again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I see. When it happened to me, Play was fine after the OEM unlock hard reset, and after the second one when I turned it off really. I am not sure if there is a connection between the two things.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone