How To Guide OEM unlock despite sim lock

Search This thread

arpruss

Jul 3, 2010
pruss.mobi
@Ju5t3nC4s3 very kindly shared with me a cool trick to make the Developer Options OEM unlock option work despite a SIM lock. Here is my variant of the trick. Exit Development Settings, then do:

Code:
adb shell pm disable-user com.qualcomm.qti.uim

The go back to Development Settings and the switch should now work.

If you later want to do an official SIM unlock, you will need to do:

Code:
adb shell pm enable com.qualcomm.qti.uim

I'm now waiting on the unlock.bin from OnePlus.

If you flip the OEM unlock switch in Developer Settings, you can re-enable the qualcomm app and the unlock will stay (but will be grayed-out again).

@Ju5t3nC4s3 very kindly shared with me a cool trick to make the Developer Options OEM unlock option work despite a SIM lock. Here is my variant of the trick. Exit Development Settings, then do:

Code:

Code:

If you flip the OEM unlock switch in Developer Settings, you can re-enable the qualcomm app and the unlock will stay (but will be grayed-out again).
Yep this one took me a way to long to figure out, I didn't know I could just use the disable command tho I'm going to play around with this since I just finally figured out how to use msm tool to get off the 9pro IN version and got the T-Mobile one to work after so long.

Bartf11?

Jan 23, 2022
did you find the way to unlock tmobile op7 pro? I was reading your comments and you mentioned that it's possible, any solution?

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T

Code:

Code:

Secondly, then you could skip out on the unlock token by running MSM conversion 😊 👍

Cynamn63

Feb 11, 2013

Code:

Code:

I got my Tmobile SIM temporarily unlocked, can I use this same process...? Can I do it on a Mac...?

itshim513

Oct 30, 2009
Yep this one took me a way to long to figure out, I didn't know I could just use the disable command tho I'm going to play around with this since I just finally figured out how to use msm tool to get off the 9pro IN version and got the T-Mobile one to work after so long.
Hello can you explain how to use the tool or more so get the phone in edl mode because despite my research I couldnt get anything that worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:

updated my tool with this. just takes couple clicks now.