• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question OEM Unlock greyed out and device not found in fastboot

Search This thread

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
I'm trying to unlock bootloader, but OEM Unlock option is greyed out.
Device can enter fastboot but doesn't respond to any commands. For example "fastboot devices" do nothing. Using same computer, fastboot commands work fine with another device.
Any solutions? thanks

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
I'm trying to unlock bootloader, but OEM Unlock option is greyed out.
Device can enter fastboot but doesn't respond to any commands. For example "fastboot devices" do nothing. Using same computer, fastboot commands work fine with another device.
Any solutions? thanks
Try removing the sim card, or putting another carriers card in there. I seem to remember this popping up before

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
Try removing the sim card, or putting another carriers card in there. I seem to remember this popping up before
i've tried that and factory reset too. I guess I need to wait for few days, its only been a day.

But I'm concerned about the fastboot commands. Are those also supposed to not work until "OEM unlock" isn't grey anymore? If that's the case then good, at least it will work after few days. but if it never works then maybe bootloader can never be unlocked?

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
i've tried that and factory reset too. I guess I need to wait for few days, its only been a day.

But I'm concerned about the fastboot commands. Are those also supposed to not work until "OEM unlock" isn't grey anymore? If that's the case then good, at least it will work after few days. but if it never works then maybe bootloader can never be unlocked?

Have a read of this thread 👍

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay

Also try installing tinyfastboot from the lineage or evo rom threads. Select the recommended moto drivers, fastboot should be fine afterwards.

Reactions: Windoors

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also try installing tinyfastboot from the lineage or evo rom threads. Select the recommended moto drivers, fastboot should be fine afterwards.