Question OEM Unlock missing on SM-A326U

Search This thread

1.fuxk_

Nov 23, 2021
Hi guys,

Man oh man this phone...

So basically I'm trying to unlock my bootloader without waiting the 7 days, since I simply don't trust this phone to give me the OEM Unlock option after 7 days...

Before I decided to unlock my bootloader I had been using this phone for about 2 months like normal, sure I uninstalled a ton of bloatware and system apps that I didn't need which MIGHT have been the reason it didn't show the OEM Unlock after months, but the battery life was amazing.

But recently I've been considering rooting my phone, and before I started factory resetting and trying many different things to show the OEM Unlock option, keep in mind I've bee using this phone normally for a couple months, I checked the developer options and not a surprise, OEM Unlock wasn't there.

So ever since, I've tried sooo many things to show the OEM Unlock:

( I reflashed the stock firmware with Odin in between all these methods I've tried )

Also before I list everything I've tried heres the full specs of this phone and the drivers I've installed on my Windows 10

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (SM-A326U)
T-Mobile, MTK, Network locked, No SIM, NOT Snapdragon

Drivers I've installed on my PC: Google USB Driver, ADB Interface, Samsung Android USB Driver, MTK Driver, USBDk and a few more can't remember the names...

1. Changing date, checking for an update and changing the date back, tried restarting the phone in between, tried turning wifi on and off in between.

2. Combination firmware, got unauthorized error on the download mode screen talking about the pit file.

3. Tried running:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot devices (It successfully recognized my phone)

fastboot oem unlock: Unknown command
Didn't even run the command...

4. Since its a MTK CPU I had hope for mtkclient https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient

It just kept asking to connect my phone, tried connecting with recovery mode, download mode and fastboot mode, none of them were recognized

The reason I need a quick way to unlock the bootloader, is cause I will be doing stuff with this phone that might result in me having to reflash the firmware which I can't risk it relocking and have to wait 7 days each time something goes wrong.

I heard that T-Mobile phones bootloader's are impossible to unlock, someone please tell me that is not true...

So basically,

Is there any way to unlock the bootloader? If not why and if yeah, what have I been doing wrong and how?

Thanks guys

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
7 days what? Tmo A326U doesnt have the option to unlock the bootloader, you need to pay the people here that provide the service. They are the only ones that seemingly know how to get it unlocked, and I can vouch for it.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Not a bootloader unlock. Its not just Tmo that are locking these down tighter.

You can unlock it for free if you can figure out whatever they do ;-)

1.fuxk_

Nov 23, 2021
Nah idc about a network unlock since I don't have service for this phone, I just wanna know if its possible to unlock the bootloader... I've tried everything

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Oh just misunderstanding my bad. I meant you cant wait for a bootloader unlock, but you can wait and maybe they would carrier unlock it later... but thats not what you want anyways.

1.fuxk_

Nov 23, 2021
Oh just misunderstanding my bad. I meant you cant wait for a bootloader unlock, but you can wait and maybe they would carrier unlock it later... but thats not what you want anyways.
That's kinda sad, I think I'm gonna just give up, but thanks for the information... Hopefully something happens in the future that allows it to be unlocked soon... Thanks man

ksaves2

Nov 19, 2015
Canton
I doubt they'll bring it back. OEM unlock that is. My phone is over 7 days old and I did the factory reset by holding the volume down and power buttons and then the volume up and power button and did the full factory reset. OEM unlock is still gone. Yes I got the developer options turned on. I rooted a couple of Nexus 6p's which of course are obsolete now since they were 3G and there is no backward capability. At least I got them used, replaced the batteries myself and can use them as WiFi phones with Talkatone through my WiFi. Read some blurbs about Kingo root working but I'd like to see that someone has pulled it off with the A32. Am under a 2 year obligation but I bought a second one to experiment on. I did that before I found out there was no OEM unlock. Well, if I break one, I'll have a backup. Except the phone is tied to the SIMM and I'd have to bring the backup in to have it reprogrammed.

andioshelp

May 15, 2016
7 days what? Tmo A326U doesnt have the option to unlock the bootloader, you need to pay the people here that provide the service. They are the only ones that seemingly know how to get it unlocked, and I can vouch for it.
Do you have any device with an unlock bootloader or unlock? I am trying to get a ram dimp for days nobody have an device.

zeromant

Feb 11, 2013
Hi guys,

Man oh man this phone...

So basically I'm trying to unlock my bootloader without waiting the 7 days, since I simply don't trust this phone to give me the OEM Unlock option after 7 days...

Before I decided to unlock my bootloader I had been using this phone for about 2 months like normal, sure I uninstalled a ton of bloatware and system apps that I didn't need which MIGHT have been the reason it didn't show the OEM Unlock after months, but the battery life was amazing.

But recently I've been considering rooting my phone, and before I started factory resetting and trying many different things to show the OEM Unlock option, keep in mind I've bee using this phone normally for a couple months, I checked the developer options and not a surprise, OEM Unlock wasn't there.

So ever since, I've tried sooo many things to show the OEM Unlock:

( I reflashed the stock firmware with Odin in between all these methods I've tried )

Also before I list everything I've tried heres the full specs of this phone and the drivers I've installed on my Windows 10

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (SM-A326U)
T-Mobile, MTK, Network locked, No SIM, NOT Snapdragon

Drivers I've installed on my PC: Google USB Driver, ADB Interface, Samsung Android USB Driver, MTK Driver, USBDk and a few more can't remember the names...

1. Changing date, checking for an update and changing the date back, tried restarting the phone in between, tried turning wifi on and off in between.

2. Combination firmware, got unauthorized error on the download mode screen talking about the pit file.

3. Tried running:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot devices (It successfully recognized my phone)

fastboot oem unlock: Unknown command
Didn't even run the command...

4. Since its a MTK CPU I had hope for mtkclient https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient

It just kept asking to connect my phone, tried connecting with recovery mode, download mode and fastboot mode, none of them were recognized

The reason I need a quick way to unlock the bootloader, is cause I will be doing stuff with this phone that might result in me having to reflash the firmware which I can't risk it relocking and have to wait 7 days each time something goes wrong.

I heard that T-Mobile phones bootloader's are impossible to unlock, someone please tell me that is not true...

So basically,

Is there any way to unlock the bootloader? If not why and if yeah, what have I been doing wrong and how?

Thanks guys
There was a similar procedure to unlock bootloader on a samsung mtk (A125U) same carrier as yours (T-Mobile TMB and the same applies to MetroPCS TMB) basicaly, you had to flash BL files from the A125W (canadian version) then unlocking bootloader using testpoint (bootrom mode) then using any paid or free app (in my case i use a paid one because i run a repair shop). even if you unlock bootloader using paid tools, it gets locked again when it turns on. (i tested it without flashing BL files)

sadly, i dont have a A326U lying arround to test said procedure.