OEM unlock toggle missing under developer options

Search This thread
The toggle to enable OEM unlocking under developer options is completely missing, and nothing seems to make a difference.

The widely-shared workaround involving changing the date didn't work.

Waiting seven whole days didn't work.

Is 168 hours uptime with no reboots necessary?

Is a Google account necessary?

Is a Samsung account necessary?

Could someone please just explain the exact set of conditions necessary to enable this option?

-SpaceCowboy-

Jul 21, 2021
The toggle to enable OEM unlocking under developer options is completely missing, and nothing seems to make a difference.

Could someone please just explain the exact set of conditions necessary to enable this option?
I would like to find the answer, I am with this problem in a galaxy xcover pro that I need to root to use development apps, no method worked for me and even worse it was automatically updated to Android 11, I have even less hope that it will work

d5sword

Jul 12, 2021
I would like to find the answer, I am with this problem in a galaxy xcover pro that I need to root to use development apps, no method worked for me and even worse it was automatically updated to Android 11, I have even less hope that it will work

I also have Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro (SM-G715FN) with Android 11. On my phone the `OEM Unlocking` option appeared after using phone for 7 days and I successfully rooted the phone. I had Google account, Samsung account and automatic software updates enabled, but I don't know if it was neccesary.

-SpaceCowboy-

Jul 21, 2021
I also have Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro (SM-G715FN) with Android 11. On my phone the `OEM Unlocking` option appeared after using phone for 7 days and I successfully rooted the phone. I had Google account, Samsung account and automatic software updates enabled, but I don't know if it was neccesary.
thank you, i trie and coment you

all2

Jan 17, 2022
The following worked for me:

1. Factory reset
2. During tablet setup:
a. connect to wifi
b. Sign in to Google and Samsung accounts
3. turn on developer mode
4. the OEM Unlock option appears!

I did not have to reset the tablet date/time.

Can I get someone with a Tab S6 to confirm the above?

---

Edit:

Here's the relevant software info:

One UI Version: 3.1
Android Version: 11
Kernel Version: 4.14.190-21627332-abT860XXS3CUG1
Build Number: RP1A.200720.012.T860XXS3CUG1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.