• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OEM unlock.

Search This thread

Ditzer

Nov 24, 2010
Hello. I'm having an interesting issue that I hope someone can help me out with.

I got my new S4 Tab a few weeks back and decided I wanted to root it.

I unlocked the bootloader and installed twrp but had something go wrong and got stuck in a boot loop. No biggie, I figured, I would just flash back to stock and go again. I downloaded ARK4 (XAR) and it went on fine and I was back in business.

I knew I would have to wait the seven days due to RMM to reunlock and go again, but OEM Unlock hadn't come back. It's been a few weeks now. Also it doesn't boot directly into the bootloader any more by doing the power and both volume buttons. It will go into the bootloader if I boot into stock recovery and then reboot to the bootloader. But even that looks different. I don't see the text I saw before with things like the rmm status. Just the greenish screen that says downloading.

Any ideas on how to get my unlock back? I read I can't flash back to an earlier version. Is that true?

Thanks.