OEM Unlocking Disaster! A716U Now Infected with Infamous com.android.ui Malware...Help

Search This thread

AllTD

Mar 6, 2021
So, after downloading 100 files and extracting 100 files I finally realized thanks to the wonderful gents over here at XDA that my A716U has a locked bootloader, After shredding everything I own, I decided to cool off and write to my fellow mod fans and see what my options are....
To keep it short, my smart idea to keep my OEM Unlocking ticked while tethering on my A716U has left me frantic my identity will now be slashed all over the dark web after I realized the constant battery draining and unknown apps being installed on my device have been the sole reason of my frustrations with my A716U. I've tried factory reset both from the settings and in recovery mode, no security app seems to fully delete the malware files and after time the problem persists.

I'm really not looking to root my phone and only wanted to give it a fresh wipe and start from scratch without the havoc I've had to deal with recently on my device, If someone could please assist me in possibly getting this matter resolved without having to fork over the funds to unlock the bootloader with the DID number I have read about. Your efforts would be more then appreciated. I hate to add to my dilemma, but before I get rapped on forum talk let me just say ahead of time that I'm a fresh newbie to this tech, but can understand common sense when it comes to understanding how to follow directions, just bare with me on the sam2021 lingo if I may ask in advance? :giggle: Thanks guys!

Reactions: infinity1_4ever
Dec 10, 2020
So, after downloading 100 files and extracting 100 files I finally realized thanks to the wonderful gents over here at XDA that my A716U has a locked bootloader, After shredding everything I own, I decided to cool off and write to my fellow mod fans and see what my options are....
To keep it short, my smart idea to keep my OEM Unlocking ticked while tethering on my A716U has left me frantic my identity will now be slashed all over the dark web after I realized the constant battery draining and unknown apps being installed on my device have been the sole reason of my frustrations with my A716U. I've tried factory reset both from the settings and in recovery mode, no security app seems to fully delete the malware files and after time the problem persists.

I'm really not looking to root my phone and only wanted to give it a fresh wipe and start from scratch without the havoc I've had to deal with recently on my device, If someone could please assist me in possibly getting this matter resolved without having to fork over the funds to unlock the bootloader with the DID number I have read about. Your efforts would be more then appreciated. I hate to add to my dilemma, but before I get rapped on forum talk let me just say ahead of time that I'm a fresh newbie to this tech, but can understand common sense when it comes to understanding how to follow directions, just bare with me on the sam2021 lingo if I may ask in advance? :giggle: Thanks guys!
Question, I have a unlocked A716U1 5G phone, would this mean that the phones boot loader is not locked, the phones OEM is unlocked as well, if so what's the next in rooting my phone? I really would appreciate some clarity 🙏.

Dec 10, 2020
Question, I have a unlocked A716U1 5G phone, would this mean that the phones boot loader is not locked, the phones OEM is unlocked as well, if so what's the next in rooting my phone? I really would appreciate some clarity 🙏.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone