OEM Unlocking grayed out

phil9871

May 26, 2016

Bought Verizon pixel 3 XL. When the verizon super unlock happened, where they unlocked all pixel devices for awhile. Mine was one to be unlocked and it wasn't greyed out to unlock oem. Now I leave Verizon and switch to Google Fi. Once I left it became greyed out once again. And has been sence. It's a unlocked phone. Started on Verizon, been on Google Fi and now simply mobile.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Bought Verizon pixel 3 XL. When the verizon super unlock happened, where they unlocked all pixel devices for awhile. Mine was one to be unlocked and it wasn't greyed out to unlock oem. Now I leave Verizon and switch to Google Fi. Once I left it became greyed out once again. And has been sence. It's a unlocked phone. Started on Verizon, been on Google Fi and now simply mobile.
What are you talking about? Nothing you said makes sense.

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
My pixel 3 xl oem unlocking greyed out, I am from Bangladesh purchased pixel 3 xl second hand, how do I know whether my pixel 3 xl is "Verizon" or not?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

If you got it from Verizon it's locked you can not unlock the bootloader... If you got it from Google maybe it's a mistake you need to call them...
My pixel 3 xl oem unlocking greyed out, I am from Bangladesh purchased pixel 3 xl second hand, how do I know whether my pixel 3 xl is "Verizon" or not?

Dolo2499

Apr 13, 2020
As i see i am really late for the "party" guys, but got my pixel 3 XL (used) with imei 35...(verizon) so i got no luck? or there is still a chance that it will get unlocked?

Dolo2499

Apr 13, 2020
I cant understand why they do this, screw verizon wireless, what a shame... Now my phone is limited, what do you think will be there anyways to unlock in the close future? Is anyone working on that except me?

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
I really think this whole thing is going nowhere. At least here on this forum. The tricks needed will be very dirty and you are talking about getting past a check Verizon paid good money to put in place (it will be patched and closed immediately, or almost that fast). I am sure Verizon is now screaming they need taxpayer money, but they will never care. It is, and I say this in all honesty, like the Huawei bootloader unlock issue.

8hammer84

Oct 12, 2016
If your phone is unlocked, please leave it greyed out and spend the time with your kids or call your mother. Time better spent... Unless your OCD, it will bug crap out of you, [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]. Phone is unlocked, you won't unlock it more, no?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Good advice, doubt ill take it haha

Mizta_Rshn

Jul 14, 2016
ipoh perak
Hey Guys , just purchased used Pixel 3 XL . I'm from Malaysia . My IMEI starts with "35" . On chrome address bar its shows "client=mobile-gws-wiz-hp" .

Anyways to turn on greyed out OEM unlocking in Dev options?

My main purpose is to "clean flash without backup" my device every month after google release security updates . Is there any way to clean flash with unlocking bootloader ?