Search This thread

Zeek347

Dec 9, 2021
Hi, I'm new to XDA. I am trying to get a rooted device so I can play around with it and do cool things. After trying 4 different phones and weeks of nonstop research and attempts, I decided to an Amazon Fire 8 Plus (10th Generation). I know how to unlock bootloader using windows 10 and android sdk. The one problem is that I can't enable OEM unlocking. When I tried fastboot flashing unlock anyway, my tablet got stuck in fastboot mode. Basically, what happens is, I turn it on, nothing suspicious there, but after I confirm it when I get the warning message, it INSTANTLY turns back off. Tinkering around with date and time, software updates, rebooting, and toggle developer options did nothing. I even went as far as disabling the lock screen so it doesn't make me enter my pin when I try to turn it on - still nothing! I am very desperate and tired of all this rooting, it would be nice to get some help!

Also, I think I can use this video
to root if I figure out to get to that temp directory command thing the guy entered. I use windows ten, but can't find how to get to that place.

An answer to either question would be much appreciated, thanks!

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I'm new to XDA. I am trying to get a rooted device so I can play around with it and do cool things. After trying 4 different phones and weeks of nonstop research and attempts, I decided to an Amazon Fire 8 Plus (10th Generation). I know how to unlock bootloader using windows 10 and android sdk. The one problem is that I can't enable OEM unlocking. When I tried fastboot flashing unlock anyway, my tablet got stuck in fastboot mode. Basically, what happens is, I turn it on, nothing suspicious there, but after I confirm it when I get the warning message, it INSTANTLY turns back off. Tinkering around with date and time, software updates, rebooting, and toggle developer options did nothing. I even went as far as disabling the lock screen so it doesn't make me enter my pin when I try to turn it on - still nothing! I am very desperate and tired of all this rooting, it would be nice to get some help!

Also, I think I can use this video
to root if I figure out to get to that temp directory command thing the guy entered. I use windows ten, but can't find how to get to that place.

An answer to either question would be much appreciated, thanks!
You will find more accurate information about it in the specific device's forum https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/amazon-fire-hd-8-and-hd-10.4709/ I guess you choose the more problematic OEM to start tinkering with, Amazon is not such good for rooting and modding.