Question OEM unlocking T-Mobile

Search This thread

vponomarev

Feb 27, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Technically you would want to SIM-unlock your phone first - this will enable the "OEM Unlock" toggle, but thanks to @Ju5t3nC4s3, you can skip that and, assuming you already have the unlock token from OnePlus, just do the following:

1. Run: adb shell pm disable-user com.qualcomm.qti.uim
2. Go to Developer Options and flip the OEM Unlock toggle
3. Now run: adb shell pm enable com.qualcomm.qti.uim
4. From now on the toggle will be disabled again, but now in "on" mode
5. Reboot to fastboot
6. Run: fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_code.bin
7. Run: fastboot oem unlock

Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will factory reset the phone, so make sure you backup all the data from it before doing that.

Last edited:

Ju5t3nC4s3

Dec 29, 2007
t.me
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
Technically you would want to SIM-unlock your phone first - this will enable the "OEM Unlock" toggle, but thanks to @Ju5t3nC4s3, you can skip that and, assuming you already have the unlock token from OnePlus, just do the following:

5. Reboot to fastboot

Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will factory reset the phone, so make sure you backup all the data from it before doing that.
Actually

5. Reboot to fastboot

I found away around the factory reset also, lol

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
this is not working. I am using the tool and I got OEM unlocking toggled on and then re-greyed out in the on position. Not sure what to do next. Nothing seems to be working and there's no sounds in the video so I have no clue what's being done.

vponomarev

Feb 27, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Is it true all of this is pointless because my SIM is not unlocked????
No, only T-Mobile can SIM-unlock your phone - you are probably getting error 255 right now when you try requesting a permanent unlock.
There is a strict requirement that phone must stay registered on T-Mobile's network for a few days (I think, three). Before that no one will be able to SIM-unlock your phone. After 3 days call T-Mobile support and ask nicely for SIM-unlock. They will probably tell you that you have to first pay-off your phone and wait 40 days. Ask even more nicely and give some reason. I used "I want to unlock this phone for development purposes".
It may take a few tries and pure luck to get to a rep that will be willing to help you.

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No, only T-Mobile can SIM-unlock your phone - you are probably getting error 255 right now when you try requesting a permanent unlock.
There is a strict requirement that phone must stay registered on T-Mobile's network for a few days (I think, three). Before that no one will be able to SIM-unlock your phone. After 3 days call T-Mobile support and ask nicely for SIM-unlock. They will probably tell you that you have to first pay-off your phone and wait 40 days. Ask even more nicely and give some reason. I used "I want to unlock this phone for development purposes".
It may take a few tries and pure luck to get to a rep that will be willing to help you.
Ok so for my question. Do I need to do this to unlock my bootloader and root? I thought that the all in one tool posted above didn't require that SIM be unlocked but I'm not seeing how because it's not working.

vponomarev

Feb 27, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Ok so for my question. Do I need to do this to unlock my bootloader and root? I thought that the all in one tool posted above didn't require that SIM be unlocked but I'm not seeing how because it's not working.
What exactly is not working?
Just get the latest platform tools and run those commands I mentioned earlier after enabling USB debugging. Worked for me even before I was able to SIM-unlock my phone.
If you're planning to use your phone with T-Mobile, it doesn't matter that your phone stays SIM-locked, but the most important part is to request unlock token from OnePlus, so if you haven't done so yet, do it ASAP - for some reason they don't send it to you right away, but wait exactly 7 days.
Here are the instructions: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unlock-the-t-mobile-bootloader.4256319/

Reactions: Nickdroid86

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I got my code and then got this, but my phone didn't reset?

op\unlock_code.bin
Sending 'cust-unlock' (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s]
Writing 'cust-unlock' (bootloader) Device is unlocked.
OKAY [ 0.016s]
Finished. Total time: 0.045s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5. Reboot to fastboot

My unlocking is greyed out. Is there a way to get the bootloader unlocked? I really want to get a pixel style rom and get rid of T-Mobile crap
    Could just use my tool. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ader-unlock-enabler-engineer-decrypt.4378651/
    Also, I don't have an unlock token. Didn't know that was a thing with OnePlus guess I been out of it for a while
    Once u flip the switch u can easly get token needed to sumbmit to oneplus. What model do u have. Theres other ways to do it without having to get the unlock.bin from oneplus
    Oem_Unlock will not sim unlock the device .
    What exactly is not working?
    Just get the latest platform tools and run those commands I mentioned earlier after enabling USB debugging. Worked for me even before I was able to SIM-unlock my phone.
    If you're planning to use your phone with T-Mobile, it doesn't matter that your phone stays SIM-locked, but the most important part is to request unlock token from OnePlus, so if you haven't done so yet, do it ASAP - for some reason they don't send it to you right away, but wait exactly 7 days.
    Here are the instructions: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unlock-the-t-mobile-bootloader.4256319/