Question OEM Unlocking

Search This thread

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
Williamstown
I have been trying to root my S22 but continually run into the problem of OEM Unlocking. Everyone says just about the first thing to do is to select OEM Unlocking on the Developers Options but it isn't there. I even following one set of directions to try to make it show up but it didn't work either. I can't seem to get to the rooting without the OEM Unlocking. Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't have to do when I purchased the device which is what one person suggested but didn't help.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have been trying to root my S22 but continually run into the problem of OEM Unlocking. Everyone says just about the first thing to do is to select OEM Unlocking on the Developers Options but it isn't there. I even following one set of directions to try to make it show up but it didn't work either. I can't seem to get to the rooting without the OEM Unlocking. Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't have to do when I purchased the device which is what one person suggested but didn't help.
If this is a Snapdragon device, unlocking the bootloader most likely isn't possible.

Try this;
  1. Remove the SIM
  2. Factory reset
  3. Skip through the setup wizard, DO NOT connect to WiFi or insert the SIM
  4. After initial setup finishes, enable developer options
  5. Manually set time at least 1 week ahead from now
  6. Wait a few minutes
  7. Check to see if OEM Unlocking is available

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
Williamstown
If this is a Snapdragon device, unlocking the bootloader most likely isn't possible.

Try this;
  1. Remove the SIM
  2. Factory reset
  6. Wait a few minutes
Your are right. Snapdragon won't let you unlock bootloader. Tried your steps and of course it didn't work.

Reactions: V0latyle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try this;
    1. Remove the SIM
    2. Factory reset
    6. Wait a few minutes
    Your are right. Snapdragon won't let you unlock bootloader. Tried your steps and of course it didn't work.