[Off Topic Lounge] A place for fellow HTC Desire users to hang out

Search This thread

iik-71

Nov 14, 2013
I am looking for a stable ART (Android Run TIme) ROM that would replace the old Dalvik. They say it will be a way more faster...
How about you? :)

konsuntier

Nov 28, 2013
Wow.. and I was already strongly surprised by upgrading from CM7 to PA 4.2!
Keeping my eyes on this one too then :cyclops:

I installed it. Works great so far.
I had to change my recovery though, as I still had CWRM 2.5.0 or something like that.
Spent hours finding out why I couldn't flash a new recovery, turned out I was still S-OFF!
So I fixed that using revolutionary.

Only problem for me is that I cannot see my SD Card in the Android File Picker, even though I ticked the option to show advanced devices.
Tried to post it in the according development thread, but alas, I need 10 posts first.

Cheers guys!

JordyNL

Jan 3, 2014
What are you guys using as rom which is stable and gives you the most free space..?

Send from my HTC Desire Bravo (A8181) using Tapatalk

molexus

Jul 16, 2013
Seems like my desire is getting the KitKat soon, waiting for it to stabilize...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766550

Flashed this ROM and it's junk for now. Lots of app crashes, browser issues and other incompatibilities.

I am trying CyanogenMod 11.0 | KitKANG | PRE-ALPHA | v0.6 now which also feature the new android kitkat 4.4.2 build and it's a lot more stable. Still a few glitches here and there but it's working well overall. I would go for that one :)

engrshabir

Feb 23, 2014
i used many but sticked to the one called MIUI

What are you guys using as rom which is stable and gives you the most free space..?

i used alot of roms, almost all availabe for desire, except those big size roms, but when i flashed MIUI, i never tried another one, snapy, good battery life, good convenience, all things workings, simply awesome, lacking soft buttons, home,back,menu

f4rell09

Mar 16, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
Hello guys..just an info. On which rom is most stable for everyday use..calls & text.. emails....etc..just for stability..
Im currently on mildwild 5.0..whic i think is a bit buggy now..thanks...in advance
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

dvd777

Jul 14, 2011
Hello guys..just an info. On which rom is most stable for everyday use..calls & text.. emails....etc..just for stability..
Im currently on mildwild 5.0..whic i think is a bit buggy now..thanks...in advance
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

More or less all 2.3 GB ROMs.

Sent from my Alcatel One Touch Idol 6030X using Tapatalk

pimpyoass

Sep 27, 2010
Porto
I'm glad some kitkat roms are usable on daily-plan. Some crashes now and then but usable. Still one of the best smartphones of all time :D

ravenreza

Mar 6, 2012
Tehran
Mildwild 5 is great but I had problems so now I use AOKP JELLYBEAN 4.2.2. Stable, fast but i keep it narrow. Never play games. I suppose my phone isn't young anymore to handle the games! But the rom is great for daily use.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

HTC desire was my wife's phone and i hated htc because it didn't support persian originally but now that i have flahed a multilang rom it's fantastic. These forums are even more fantastic! Now I wish to have the new htc one M8.

Sent from my HTC Desire using AOKP JELLYBEAN 4.2.2

Last edited:

Ayazis

Aug 24, 2013
My experience is that the Mildwild roms were fastest and most stable.. Newer roms based on ICS, JB and KitKat are just slower and more laggy imo..

(Now trying some of the 4.4.x roms though, a little unstable at times, but still very usable with loads of featues.)

Last edited:

panpjp

Mar 28, 2012
Bangkok
Mildwild is even smoother than my current phone XD wished I had the Desire right now....

Not lying.

Toteo

Apr 16, 2013
My HTC Desire is like my backup phone (like I really need it - don't have the heart to give it up, it was my first smartphone) and to play for my son. I'm currently using Carbon unofficial 0.9 on it. Not perfectly stable but very usable.
When I was using this phone I had stock rom for almost two years, then I changed to CM 7.2 (I tried older MildWilds but always had a problems with them, I don't know the newest 5.x versions never tried them). My wife used it for about half a year with Oxygen rom on it, now it runs KitKat 4.4.4... quite a history for such a phone :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    exactly lol

rosie huntington-whiteley

to my mind she is one of the people that would suit the horse joke ... you know the one about why the long face .... lol
    Probably because she had to act in a movie about some 20-foot trannies.

Ba-DUM-tish!
    ordered myself an Evo 3D... that means the Desire will probably become my dev phone in the next few days, from which I will create all sorts of ROMmy goodness and share with everyone here.

Fixed for you Loth :)
    I've decided that as the Desire has such a big fanbase and the forum is so busy, that I'd trial an Off Topic lounge.

This is the place to post all things random and not support related.

There are a few ground rules, nothing too boring, but we do need them!

• The most important rule is, follow the Forum Rules!!
    • Keep it clean, and don't flame other users.
      [*]Do Not use this thread to boost your post count so you can post in Development
    • Most of all, have some fun :D

As this is a trial if you have any issues or problems here, please PM me.
    Nice Idea, I am swinging between Roms :p Almost on Daily basis and then i keep myself busy restoring everything. :)

I am also planning to release my own custom ROM, lets see when i will be able to do that (Still is Alpha phase)
    KitKat on my good old bravo :) Nice! I'll look into that someday soon.