[OFF TOPIC] The Cafeteria

Search This thread

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
So some really stupid people at work. They were going to throw away a brand new mitutoyo ip65 micrometer. I said well can I have it and they just gave it to me lol. Some people amaze me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

xCovErtWolFx757

Jan 15, 2012
Virginia Beach
Need some computer help. Somehow I have spigot on my laptop. I forced delete everything except wth175.dll
It says it is in use but I know it isn't. How do I get rid of it. Also somehow I have something called searchdonkey on it to and can't find the file location to delete. It's in my ash Tray but no properties option. Also isn't listed in running tasks. Searched for it and of course the search donkey couldn't be found

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

xCovErtWolFx757

Jan 15, 2012
Virginia Beach
Ok I deleted a bunch of crap. Defragged and much more but Google Chrome still won't save my search engine. It keeps turning into yahoo and my main page keeps turning into yahoo also.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
So the shop called me today to tell me what's wrong with my car. It's the gasket for the throttle body. So simple lol. I for sure thought it was the hoses. It was right underneath the hoses. Lmao. 150$ gone for a 10$ gasket

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Adreaver

Jun 12, 2012
New London
So just saw an ad for tmo. Apparently they will pay your etf if you port a number from Verizon, at, or sprint, as long as you trade in your phone.

I've been hugely happy with tmo since I jumped off the sprint bandwagon about 6 months ago, it's definitely worth checking out for anyone stuck in a contract who wants to get out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
So just saw an ad for tmo. Apparently they will pay your etf if you port a number from Verizon, at, or sprint, as long as you trade in your phone.

I've been hugely happy with tmo since I jumped off the sprint bandwagon about 6 months ago, it's definitely worth checking out for anyone stuck in a contract who wants to get out.

Pay it off, or pay towards it? Ting has a similar offer and they're much cheaper.

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN

If only t-mo had service at home I'd jump on them!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Been reading your articles. Excellent work man. Great job on the write up on @rwilco12's wallpaper app!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks brother :D
I just can't believe I'm doing it, they may be a small site now, but it could be a good foot in the door later...:good:

Edit - Could be some exciting news for us E4GT folks in the not too distant future if all goes well, keep your eyes peeled ;)

Last edited:

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
Thanks brother :D
I just can't believe I'm doing it, they may be a small site now, but it could be a good foot in the door later...:good:

Edit - Could be some exciting news for us E4GT folks in the not too distant future if all goes well, keep your eyes peeled ;)

Ubuntu Touch!? If so, I'm selling this s3 and getting another e4gt

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
I keep thinking about a g2 or Nexus 5 but uncertain I can flash a nexus 5 to page plus, also waiting to see if motorola project ara is going to make it. Rumor has it they have a couple prototypes now.

Adreaver

Jun 12, 2012
New London
Pay it off, or pay towards it? Ting has a similar offer and they're much cheaper.
My assumption would be pay it off, but you don't get any trade in credit. Primary benefit here is that you get off the Sprint network, not the cheaper plans (tmo is somewhat cheaper than sprint, but not WAY cheaper like ting or page plus).

Personally I would have kept my e4gt as my daily driver and gone to ting if they weren't on sprint's network - my coverage and speeds were horrible

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
So thinking of selling my s3 and getting this.... Any inputs. Off contract Motorola moto g is perfect for only 99 bucks and I use pageplus so limited to 3g only anyway... http://www.verizonwireless.com/new/prepaid/smartphone-plans/moto-g-by-motorola+prepaid/

ra6utuvy.jpg

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In honor of Traylunch, I have been allowed to start a new off topic thread.

This thread is obviously for off topic discussion. This is not a place for new users to get their post count up. You will be reported.
    Flaming is not allowed.
    Do not post any questions or comments on warez. You will be reported.

The same rules and standards of conduct of "McLeary's Pub" apply. If you have any further questions on the rules, please refer to the forum rules.

Recently, it was brought to our attention that we lost a family member, Traylunch. He was the OP of our last Off Topic thread, McLeary's Pub. I feel it is fitting to call this The Cafeteria in honor of his name.

With that said, please be respectful in our time of mourning. Say a few words if you like.

Stay classy, guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    A Drink in Honor of a Friend...

(Goes behind bar, pours two shots and grabs a beer)
    Ladies and Gentlemen - and anyone in-between or even waaaaay out there:

(Places one of the shots right next to picture of Traylunch)

The Cafeteria may sound like your school lunchroom but we name this pub in honor of our friend.
    Though McLeary's doors are now closed we leave an open seat for Patrick, or Traylunch as many of us knew him.
    It is a place for those new or old... or even a guest dropping by to stop by.
    Come in, have a drink and a chat. Everyone in here is a friend.

To those who came before us, we thank you for blazing a trail.
    To those who join our company late - you're right on time.
    This is our family... our friends... our little community in the community that is XDA.
    And though we often drift away at times (and to other devices) we always find our way back here.

So today let us raise a glass up high and proud!
    Let us remember he whose namesake graces our humble place.
    Drink with us, Tray - wherever you may be!
    We'll always leave a seat - and a glass - ready for you anytime.

A round on the house to remember our friend by!
    (Passes shots to everyone in the pub)

To Traylunch! May you always remember us in your journeys as we will never forget you!
    (Clinks shotglasses, drink shots. Then places Tray's shotglass upside down right next to his picture.)
    (The Tomfooligans playing afterwards through the speakers)
    I am very saddened to hear about Tray. I want to thank Garwynn for letting me know. I did not know Tray personally but I did know him from his work and time spent in the community. He was a valuable asset and an even better person. We have all lost someone great but we should all rejoice in his memory. I am not sure what the rules are with regards to religion but I would like to leave a verse and poem I found for Tray. If it must be removed that is fine but if someone could pass it on to his family I would appreciate it. I will pray for them and all who knew him.

John 16:22 - And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

I AM FREE

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
    I'm following the path God laid for me
    I took His hand when I heard Him call
    I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day, to laugh,
    to love, to work or play.
    Tasks undone must stay that way
    I've found that peace at the close of the day.

If parting has left a void, then fill it
    with remembered joy.
    A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
    Ah, yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
    I wish for you the sunshine of tomorrow.
    My life's been full, I savored much
    Good friends, good times,
    a loved one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all to brief,
    Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
    Lift up your hearts and share with me,
    God wants me now, He set me free.
    A sincere thank you to all the veterans on here. God Bless you all. Semper Fidelis.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
    Wile this is indeed a sad day but let us all not just go in sorrow for good man is gone but
    let us celebrated that he lived and we were fortunate to know him.
    This one is for celebration of life he had and for impact he left in hearts of many people.