Off Topic Thread

Search This thread

cssr

Jun 4, 2013
Zachary
I booted up little softie ( windows ) today, for the first time in 2 months. After two and a half hours of updating the system, antivirus/anti malware and scanning the system. I am reminded of some things.

1) I wish I could kick this insecure, bloated and expensive OS out of my computer!

2) How glad I am, that I can dual boot and use a superior operating system on a daily basis!

3) I will not use game and software providers who do not support Linux, unless I have absolutely no other choice!

cssr

Jun 4, 2013
Zachary
^^^ Darn I tried to stir the pot and my spoon broke. No agreement or disagreement. Hope I didn't offend anyone, that was not my plan.

cssr

Jun 4, 2013
Zachary
Well nobody else said it so I will.

My name is neo!

Maybe that shows how old I am, plus the fact I never heard of either one of those sites.

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
bolton, on
And on and on. To infinity and beyond! The i727 ruled. And a lot of it is because of the users in this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
still my dd, all original, even the battery, runs any app from playstore.

i bought the phone 3yrs ago at costco, price was $80+tx =$90 w/3yr rogers contract, but costco had a $100 gift card for any new plan so i got the phone for free w/an extra $10 in my pocket.

i just switched from rogers monthly contract to koodo's prepaid.
more $ in my pocket, cant complain as this phone does everything i need it to do.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
still my dd, all original, even the battery, runs any app from playstore.

i bought the phone 3yrs ago at costco, price was $80+tx =$90 w/3yr rogers contract, but costco had a $100 gift card for any new plan so i got the phone for free w/an extra $10 in my pocket.

i just switched from rogers monthly contract to koodo's prepaid.
more $ in my pocket, cant complain as this phone does everything i need it to do.

Although not my dd I still take it out and mess with it. It's guys like you vincom who got me into Android and from whom I learned a lot from. And many others in this forum. The i727 was my first Android phone and I can't thank the users in this forum enough for the fun journey I've had on XDA and the things I've learned.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

cssr

Jun 4, 2013
Zachary
still my dd, all original, even the battery, runs any app from playstore.....

You have more than paid for your phone! There is no way to count the number of people you've helped with and educated about this phone. That has value beyond secret ink dried on special paper!

The most stable OS I've found for the I727 is your last super lit + your gapps.

Thanks for excellent work!!

Last edited:
Reactions: vincom

vincom

May 5, 2011
bolton, on
hello what is best ROM for i727 Skyrocket?

j/k lol how the hell are you guys?
the one the boots up.

lol.

just yesterday i thought my sons loudspeaker went dead on his skyrocket, i reset his phone but still not working.
i was looking for a loudspeaker on ebay but then decided to reinstall the rom from scratch and lo and behold loudspeaker was working.

Reactions: T.J. Bender

T.J. Bender

Jun 25, 2012
the one the boots up.

lol.

just yesterday i thought my sons loudspeaker went dead on his skyrocket, i reset his phone but still not working.
i was looking for a loudspeaker on ebay but then decided to reinstall the rom from scratch and lo and behold loudspeaker was working.

Skyrockets never die, they just need to be flashed lol

We sold my wife's Skyrocket a while back, but mine's still around here somewhere. I can't get it to flash to anything other than stock 4.1 at this point lol. No idea why, and this is a problem going back over a year that I've never been able to solve. I almost wonder if the EMMC chip is damaged. Doesn't matter, though. 4.1 stock, rooted, runs just fine on the rare occasion that I break it out and play around with it. I've kicked around the idea of making my old Skyrocket into an alarm clock that can stream music, give me a full weather breakdown, etc. It seems like a worthwhile experiment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit2:

Good Morning Guys.
    I am here to warn you all. This is an off topic thread. As such we will keep it off topic. But we need to remind you that discussions political, racial, and religious can be taken very personally and can lead to members attacking members. We need to keep this civil and keep the discussions out of those topics. :cool:

Reminder
    Forum Rules:
    Rule 2.4: Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Peace and have a good day!
    Josh
    Happy 1st birthday to my little girl :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Get pumped because the music mod is coming to a dev section near you. Aznrice2k4 is putting on the final touches. It will be here soon!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my Skyrocket i727 running AOKP JB

For a one stop shop are Vincom's threads
    Everything Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773659
    Returning to Stock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1652398
    im calling it quits for the weekend. ive been up til 4am working on recovery and cm10 stuff for the past week and my comments are starting to become sassy and rude. lol. i think its time to get some sleep and resume on monday. :)
    I'm disappointed in my generation. Its such a disgrace, I wish we could go back to the old em' days where children respected their parents and elders and had manners. Yeah I'm 18 and I do not know much (and am still learning about life) as people who have lived in those times and are older than me. I'm not handed anything and don't ask much, if my parents won the lotto I wouldn't expect a dime from them. People take for granted little things like a roof over their heads, food to eat, and expect things to be given to them without working for it. I would write more but I don't think you would want to read a essay on what the world is becoming.. :(