Off Topic Thread

Search This thread

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
bolton, on
Skyrockets never die, they just need to be flashed lol

We sold my wife's Skyrocket a while back, but mine's still around here somewhere. I can't get it to flash to anything other than stock 4.1 at this point lol. No idea why, and this is a problem going back over a year that I've never been able to solve. I almost wonder if the EMMC chip is damaged. Doesn't matter, though. 4.1 stock, rooted, runs just fine on the rare occasion that I break it out and play around with it. I've kicked around the idea of making my old Skyrocket into an alarm clock that can stream music, give me a full weather breakdown, etc. It seems like a worthwhile experiment.
if it did a fresh install of 4.1 stock i dont think your memory went bad, it could just be a recovery problem, reflash latest twrp might work and nothing to lose by trying.

T.J. Bender

Jun 25, 2012
if it did a fresh install of 4.1 stock i dont think your memory went bad, it could just be a recovery problem, reflash latest twrp might work and nothing to lose by trying.

Nothing to lose...except the hour of digging through the storage unit to find it lol. We moved at the end of September and almost all of our stuff is still in storage.

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
My old Skyrocket is running the last of Sultan's KitKat ROMs, and that thing never dies. Seriously, it's uptime is better than my router's uptime. Of course, it's just a big clock now - I run TabletClock on it, but none of my other phones manage to go that long without needing a reboot.

I only wish Samsung still felt the same way they did when they made the Skyrocket. It is virtually impossible to truly brick on of these beasts, which is remarkable given how easy it is to brick their latest devices...

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA
My old Skyrocket is running the last of Sultan's KitKat ROMs, and that thing never dies. Seriously, it's uptime is better than my router's uptime. Of course, it's just a big clock now - I run TabletClock on it, but none of my other phones manage to go that long without needing a reboot.

I only wish Samsung still felt the same way they did when they made the Skyrocket. It is virtually impossible to truly brick on of these beasts, which is remarkable given how easy it is to brick their latest devices...
But it's super easy to get the vibration of death, which is how my rocket met its demise. Sad day. I miss that guy. And this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: icenight89

epapsiou

Jun 27, 2012
I still have mine as back up. Works just fine. I have lg g2 and am thinking of getting something new. Any suggestions?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I get that. The rocket was a great phone, still play with it once in awhile, and there were always great people in the forum. A bunch of characters too.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

hacer.barro

Jan 2, 2014
Pucallpa
Only for tooling around a little. Running an xperia for daily.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Have marshmallow on the sr, lackluster though...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
My skyrockets aren't daily drivers anymore, but they are still on my desk. I've been playing with the CandySix MM ROMs with them.

I'm down to one "okay" battery, one "meh" battery, and a bad battery, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit2:

Good Morning Guys.
    I am here to warn you all. This is an off topic thread. As such we will keep it off topic. But we need to remind you that discussions political, racial, and religious can be taken very personally and can lead to members attacking members. We need to keep this civil and keep the discussions out of those topics. :cool:

Reminder
    Forum Rules:
    Rule 2.4: Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Peace and have a good day!
    Josh
    Happy 1st birthday to my little girl :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Get pumped because the music mod is coming to a dev section near you. Aznrice2k4 is putting on the final touches. It will be here soon!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my Skyrocket i727 running AOKP JB

For a one stop shop are Vincom's threads
    Everything Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773659
    Returning to Stock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1652398
    im calling it quits for the weekend. ive been up til 4am working on recovery and cm10 stuff for the past week and my comments are starting to become sassy and rude. lol. i think its time to get some sleep and resume on monday. :)
    I'm disappointed in my generation. Its such a disgrace, I wish we could go back to the old em' days where children respected their parents and elders and had manners. Yeah I'm 18 and I do not know much (and am still learning about life) as people who have lived in those times and are older than me. I'm not handed anything and don't ask much, if my parents won the lotto I wouldn't expect a dime from them. People take for granted little things like a roof over their heads, food to eat, and expect things to be given to them without working for it. I would write more but I don't think you would want to read a essay on what the world is becoming.. :(