• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Offering free S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon) to custom ROM developer

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
GSI stands for Generic System Image, in short it's a rom that can be flashed onto any android phone that meets the requirements of Google's Project Treble. that should be most phones that came out with android pie and sometimes a few that came out with Oreo.
it seems that they work better than custom roms in terms of performance but A LOT of work can be required to get then properly operational and for now there's still a few major features that don't work.

Reactions: Hitti2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    He is very busy and has no time to add features to the ROM, but he promised to send me a base ROM in a few days. I'll keep you informed.
    Yes, today he sent me the latest base rom, flashable via Odin. It's working!
    Now, he's adding custom tweaks and addons.
    He is very busy and has no time to add features to the ROM, but he promised to send me a base ROM in a few days. I'll keep you informed.
    Has he had the chance to send you the base ROM?
    Yes, I'm offering a brand new, free S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon) phone to a developer, who is willing to provide/design a custom ROM for our phone.
    The custom ROM has to be free for our community.
    My wish is, that the custom ROM shows features like this ROM.
    My wish is also, that this developer is maintaining the custom ROM for as long as Samsung provides security updates.

I'm hoping some clever ROM developers will read this.
    You may also contact your favourite developer and show him/her my offer.
    My offer will expire on May, 2nd. expired.

"I don't have the brains, but I have a second, brand new S20 FE 5G."

Edit:
    I've chosen @fivanbe to receive the phone.

Edit2:
    The phone is now on its way to @fivanbe.

Edit3:
    @fivanbe has received the phone. :)
    Thank you all for your support and proposals.
    I've already made a decision.

I've great respect for @sac23 as a custom ROM developer and other developers who contacted me.
    But I've chosen @fivanbe as my favourite developer, since I already know/had his ROM on my S7edge.

He surely will develop a good custom ROM for us all.
    I'll contact him now to discuss details and send him my S20 FE 5G.
    Hopefully we will see a custom ROM for our devices soon.
    Best wishes
    Yes, I'm offering a brand new, free S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon) phone to a developer, who is willing to provide/design a custom ROM for our phone.
    My wish is also, that this developer is maintaining the custom ROM for as long as Samsung provides security updates.

My offer will expire on May, 2nd.

"I don't have the brains, but I have a S20 FE 5G."
    Interested but maybe I'm too late
    I already own a S20 FE 5G but I just use it for personal use

Was thinking to make updated Rom with newer features provided by Samsung every month like I'm doing for S9/Note9
    Thanks for the offer guys, but i will have to pass, i specialize in exynos devices only, and i only make ports that are 1 version or more above stock. the S20 FE right now would not benefit from me.

aside from that the rom you linked seems to be "Rom control" oriented (Modifying UI elements etc) you might find better luck with other people, i have linked the thread to my dev mates, maybe one of them will be interested for such roms or AOSP development.

My offer will expire on May, 2nd.

"I don't have the brains, but I have a S20 FE 5G."
    Actually i am making a device tree right now, hopefully i can have lineage and some other roms ready in a week or two :) (I am very new to custom rom developing) !!!