• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] [11.0] Pixel Experience 11 - OnePlus 5 & 5T [DUMPLING & CHEESEBURGER] [STABLE]

Search This thread

IdleCuriosity

Nov 13, 2015
I only started running Pixel Experience 11 on my 5T a week ago (September update), and mostly it has been working perfectly. The only problem I have noticed is with the GPS. It is only using the GPS satellites, never the GLONASS, BEIDOU or GALILEO ones. Here is a typical screen after sitting for five minutes on a picnic table in a park with a clear view of the sky:
OP5T_GPS_Status.png

As you can see, it is aware of the GLONASS, BEIDOU and GALILEO satellites, but no matter how long I wait, or even if it loses its fix on the GPS satellites, it never locks onto any of the others.

For comparison, I placed my wife's Pixel 3 on the table next to my 5T and gave it a few minutes to settle, and it showed:

Pixel3_GPS_Status.png

I also tested my daughter's phone (another 5T and running Pixel Experience 11 like mine) and it too only used the GPS satellites, so I don't think it is likely to be a hardware issue.

Is this a known problem? I searched this thread for "GPS" but got no matches.

Is there anything I can do to help fix it?

elnt

Jul 7, 2016
Sรฃo Paulo
OnePlus 5
Hello there!

I flashed the P. Exp+ ROM correctly but I'm feeling low stability like lag/low fps while scrolling social media and lag while tapping the recents button (it takes a little while to open up).
Did I do something wrong? Can something be done to get rid of this lag?

Since the guide asked to not apply backup restores, I didn't, and even without rooting, the phone is lagging. Mine is the 8GB/128 Internal.

Thanks in advance!

xLexip

Hello there!

I flashed the P. Exp+ ROM correctly but I'm feeling low stability like lag/low fps while scrolling social media and lag while tapping the recents button (it takes a little while to open up).
Did I do something wrong? Can something be done to get rid of this lag?

Since the guide asked to not apply backup restores, I didn't, and even without rooting, the phone is lagging. Mine is the 8GB/128 Internal.

Thanks in advance!
Flash this in twrp: https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/kernel_oneplus_msm8998/releases/tag/R1 (newvib)

Bioshark

Oct 1, 2021
Hello all,

While using this ROM, I Faced with the following issues:

1. Screencast is not working for me in this rom (just don't find the device to cast to).
2. From time to time some apps throwing the error 'no internet connection', however connection is ok and other app work with online features at the same time (not the specific apps, happened with youtube, banking app, classfields app etc.)
3. While using camera and blocking the phone by power button it shoot down and there is no reaction to power button for several minutes -> unable to switch the phone back
4. In google camera, when you make the photo and tap on preview right after the shot, the image is changed to a previous one from the gallery.

Any advice how to fix those?

Dalbro

Jul 3, 2016
@xLexip first of all thanks for the amazing work, is my first custom ROM on my 5t and this is amazing. I quite miss the old gesture with the back and home from the bottom of the phone.

Anyway, as other users had already reported, I have the error "no internet connection" on some apps too.

Thanks again!

xLexip

@xLexip first of all thanks for the amazing work, is my first custom ROM on my 5t and this is amazing. I quite miss the old gesture with the back and home from the bottom of the phone.

Anyway, as other users had already reported, I have the error "no internet connection" on some apps too.

Thanks again!
There is an app called vivid gestures out stuff for the old gestures. But you should live with the new one as it is the future. ;)

For the no connection issue, try disabling the adaptive battery feature.

Reactions: lqygfq

rillrill

Nov 2, 2013
OnePlus 5T
Very noob question. Do i have to install firmware.zip (5T), if i am going to switch from LOS 18.1 to Pixel Experience Plus (clean install)? I believe, that firmware was installed at one point. But i just want to make sure.

samarrathod

Sep 18, 2016
Mumbai
I installed 20211011 build on my op5t. Facing some issues

1) Loudspeaker is not working at it's full capacity.
2) carrier aggregation is not working.
3) Some apps loose internet connection even thou internet is working.

Please try to resolve this issues in next build.

xLexip

I installed 20211011 build on my op5t. Facing some issues

1) Loudspeaker is not working at it's full capacity.
2) carrier aggregation is not working.
3) Some apps loose internet connection even thou internet is working.

Please try to resolve this issues in next build.
For No.1 and No.2, try flashing a custom kernel. For No.3, disable the adaptive battery feature.

walter.jr.scs

Mar 17, 2016
@xLexip thank you so much for the ROM, everything works amazing.
I also need to echo the aformentioned bugs of apps losing internet and sudden lag when using social media apps.
Disableling adaptive battery does not fix the issue. even after a reboot, apps keep losing internet connection.

SuperHatzer

Mar 29, 2013
Hello,I used the PE+ rom for about 5 months now and i would like to revert back to the original OOS 10.0.1 , unroot and lock back the bootloader.Is it still possible?should I be aware of some strange prerequisite or is it safe to downgrade to android 10 using this guide?

xLexip

Hello,I used the PE+ rom for about 5 months now and i would like to revert back to the original OOS 10.0.1 , unroot and lock back the bootloader.Is it still possible?should I be aware of some strange prerequisite or is it safe to downgrade to android 10 using this guide?
I didn't read the entire guide but it should work of it worked for others. The only thing that could happen is a treble zip compatibility error in twrp but it doesn't break anything and does not occur on the lastest TWRP iirc.

What's the reason that makes you wanna revert to OOS? Do you want to sell the device or is it something else?

yankexe

Aug 11, 2015
The ROM with September Update ran great without any issues. But with the October update, waking the phone causes massive lag for the first minute until it can run smoothly. I think the new kernel is to blame here, just my two cents. Any other kernel I can opt for? I'm on OP5.

Edit: Nevermind Flashed the Lazy Kernel working great now!

Last edited:
Reactions: xLexip

Top Liked Posts