Development [OFFICIAL][12.0] PROJECT ELIXIR for Redmi Note 10 Pro [Sweet & SweetIN] [ROM][AOSP]

Search This thread

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
v1.4 is out if anyone is following! Does anyone know if this is using the latest Vantom Kernel (v197)? There's no mention in the change log but there's been a separate update to Vantom between Elixir 1.3 and 1.4.
Now I'm on 266
Screenshot_20220218-065459_Einstellungen.png

Recommend to delete lock pin and fingerprints before flashing (I've had to remove the locksettings in ofox in case of not working pin....)

Now all is fine but of course in 1 minute using time I can say nothing about pros cons...

Here you'll find the newest:
Thread '[SHARED] [OSS] [MIUI] newest sweet/in Vantom kernel' https://xdaforums.com/t/shared-oss-miui-newest-sweet-in-vantom-kernel.4398423/

Last edited:

fxthomas

Nov 26, 2012
Now I'm on 266
View attachment 5539857

Recommend to delete lock pin and fingerprints before flashing (I've had to remove the locksettings in ofox in case of not working pin....)

Now all is fine but of course in 1 minute using time I can say nothing about pros cons...

Here you'll find the newest:
Thread '[SHARED] [OSS] [MIUI] newest sweet/in Vantom kernel' https://xdaforums.com/t/shared-oss-miui-newest-sweet-in-vantom-kernel.4398423/
Do let us know , the results based on your experience.

Reactions: Laptapper

andrestupapa

Feb 13, 2021
I would like to try it but before doing so I would like to know if this build has the ANX camera installed by default or not? Greetings.

Yanty Ardy

Feb 12, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
The displayed charging details aren't reliable. I've seen it reported as "Charging Slowly" and it's gone from 50% to 100% in around 30mins. To really measure it, you're better off getting a little USB tester. I've just run it with Elixir v1.3 using both the official charger and a generic QC 3.0 charger.

EDIT: Just in case there are any photo super-sleuths checking this... I quickly (and manually) focus-stacked the images without much attention to detail or cleaning up. It serves the purpose.
Thanks a lot for the information. Do you also have the measurement of official charger with MIUI os?

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016

snHlKrS.jpg

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

PoKPPuF.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer
- Prabh - Developer
- Sarthak - Developer
- Abhishek - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

A5oSf9f.jpg

NOTE: As we keep updating source so its hard to keep threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our elegram group for latest changes and screenshots.

// Features of Initial Android 12 Build and will be updated on every release //
Code:
STATUSBAR
- 4G Icon Instead of LTE.
- Added battery icon customisation
- Added statusbar clock & date customisation
- VoLTE icon toggle.
- Volte and Vowifi icon picker

Navigation Bar
- System navigation

QUICK SETTINGS
- Vibrate on touch.

GESTURES
- Double tap to sleep on statusbar
- Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
- Extended swipe gesture.
- Quick open camera.
- One handed mode.
- Power button press and hold gesture.
- Power button torch gesture.
- Screen off power button torch.
- Three finger swipe screenshot.

BUTTONS
- Skip music tracks.
- Volume rocker wake.

NOTIFICATIONS
- Incall Vibrations.
- Add switch for linked ring and media notification volumes
- Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
- Added Lockscreen Charging info
- Add option to enable AOD on charging only

POWER MENU
- Advanced Reboot.
- Power menu items.

SEURITY
- Add option to scramble pin layout when unlocking
- Introduce pocket lock mode

MISC
- Pure Pixel Goodies
- Monet Theme (Wallpaper based accent)
- Themed Icons
- Add capability to allow tethering to use VPN
- Enabled charging ripple effect
- Bluetooth battery level when available
- Allow user to add/remove QS with one click

Lots more to coming soon !
Stay Tuned!!

65dC1Ef.jpg

---------- SourceForge ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

5PIB1RV.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Download the latest build
- Take a backup for safe side
- Boot to Recovery
- Format Data by typing yes
- Flash the latest build
- Reboot :p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
for more READ THIS

BWBCkKG.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project
- Pixel Experience
- LineageOS
- Proton AOSP
- Arrow OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

BuRWbqr.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.0
- Security patch: December 2021
- Build author/Device Maintainer : itsXRP
- DEVICE: Redmi Note 10 Pro Series
- DEVICE CODENAME: Sweet

---------- Sources and Documentation ----------

- ROM Source Code
- Kernel Source
- OFFICIAL DEVICES

vDVCAR5.jpg

---------- Join Telegram Group & Channel ----------

-- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
--
SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student. It will be really helpful and appreciated if you donate or contribute to us. Also if you have any queries related to donation you can freely message -> Saurav (Founder & lead Dev)

PAYTM UPI ID : dwarmachine24@paytm
GPAY UPI ID: dwarmachine24@oksbi
PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

As I mentioned before:
V1.4 takes around 1hour to charge from 49% to 90%
Attached the log as zip
How to get it faster?

Attachments

• log_2022_02_19_11_12_29.zip
    797.6 KB · Views: 29

fl4shb1c

Oct 4, 2016
As I mentioned before:
V1.4 takes around 1hour to charge from 49% to 90%
Attached the log as zip
How to get it faster?
Based on info from here:
gsmarena.com/xiaomi redmi_note_10_pro_(max)-review-2232p3.php
dxomark.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-10-pro-battery-review-holding-its-own
...that sounds about right. It looks like there is a dramatic slowdown after around 50% (where I was thinking it was closer to 80%) making my earlier tests invalid.

I'm gonna run some tests tomorrow with the following conditions:
  1. No network connection or account sign in... just fresh flashed images
  2. Initial charge level between 20-40%
  3. Allow charge for 1min before measuring
  4. Final test will be monitoring charge rate to see when it drops (official charger only)
I'll test both factory and Elixir 1.4 roms along with the official charger and 3rd party QC 3.0 charger. I'll also throw in my 100watt gallium nitride PD charger for fun.

Let me know if there are any other considerations to include.

fl4shb1c

Oct 4, 2016
Testing complete between MIUI_12.5.9_Global and Elixir 1.4. I added the pics as attachments to avoid creating a gigantic post with inline pics.

Summary:
  • Official charger
    • MIUI = 12.6 watts
    • Elixir = 13.2 watts
  • QC 3.0 charger
    • MIUI = 16.8 watts
    • Elixir = 16.4 watts
  • GaN 100 watt PD charger
    • MIUI = 13.1 watts
    • Elixir = 11.2 watts
Some observations:
  • I couldn't measure any "claimed" 33 watt fast charging, but looking at the official charger details (see pic) the max output is only 18 watts anyway (9V-2A or 12V-1.5A). Maybe the charger is territory specific?
  • With the official charger, MIUI reports "Fast charging" while Elixir reports "Charging slowly". In reality though, they are both drawing near enough the same 13 watts.
  • With the QC 3.0 charger, it actually hit the "Charging rapidly" and "Turbo charging" on both MIUI and Elixir drawing 16-17 watts which was faster than the official charger. This isn't really surprising given that it's a QC chipset and Xiaomi would have cut costs with the charger to keep the price down.
  • The 100 watt GaN PD charger didn't have any improvements over the official charger and actually charged slower with the Elixir rom.
TL;DR Get yourself a QC 3.0 charger and you'll get the best charge speeds out of both roms! (y)

EDIT: Updated observation about 33 watt fast charging.

Attachments

• 01a_Charger1_Xiaomi_Official.jpg
    01a_Charger1_Xiaomi_Official.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 01b_Charger2_QC3.0.jpg
    01b_Charger2_QC3.0.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 01c_Charger3_GaN_PD.jpg
    01c_Charger3_GaN_PD.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 02a_MIUI_12.5.9_Global_Xiaomi.jpg
    02a_MIUI_12.5.9_Global_Xiaomi.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 02b_Elixir1.4_Xiaomi.jpg
    02b_Elixir1.4_Xiaomi.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 113
  • 03a_MIUI_12.5.9_Global_QC3.0.jpg
    03a_MIUI_12.5.9_Global_QC3.0.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 03b_Elixir1.4_QC3.0.jpg
    03b_Elixir1.4_QC3.0.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 98
  • 04a_MIUI_12.5.9_Global_GaN_PD.jpg
    04a_MIUI_12.5.9_Global_GaN_PD.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 04b_Elixir1.4_GaN_PD.jpg
    04b_Elixir1.4_GaN_PD.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Testing complete between MIUI_12.5.9_Global and Elixir 1.4. I added the pics as attachments to avoid creating a gigantic post with inline pics.

Summary:
  • Official charger
    • MIUI = 12.6 watts
    • Elixir = 13.2 watts
  • QC 3.0 charger
    • MIUI = 16.8 watts
    • Elixir = 16.4 watts
  • GaN 100 watt PD charger
    • MIUI = 13.1 watts
    • Elixir = 11.2 watts
Some observations:
  • With the official charger, MIUI reports "Fast charging" while Elixir reports "Charging slowly". In reality though, they are both drawing near enough the same 13 watts.
  • With the QC 3.0 charger, it actually hit the "Charging rapidly" and "Turbo charging" on both MIUI and Elixir drawing 16-17 watts which was faster than the official charger. This isn't really surprising given that it's a QC chipset and Xiaomi would have cut costs with the charger to keep the price down.
  • The 100 watt GaN PD charger didn't have any improvements over the official charger and actually charged slower with the Elixir rom.
TL;DR Get yourself a QC 3.0 charger and you'll get the best charge speeds out of both roms! (y)
Looks good but for me (in the meantime I've made a completely clean flash) I didn't looked at watts.
I looked on time and for me the charging time is too slow, it takes more than 1 hour for charging 50 % up, regardless if starting with 20 or 50 %..... The same charger worked before on A10 A10 at least in double speed.
What could be the prob?

fl4shb1c

Oct 4, 2016
Looks good but for me (in the meantime I've made a completely clean flash) I didn't looked at watts.
I looked on time and for me the charging time is too slow, it takes more than 1 hour for charging 50 % up, regardless if starting with 20 or 50 %..... The same charger worked before on A10 A10 at least in double speed.
What could be the prob?
Check your official charger. Xiaomi claims 33W, 59% in 30 min - but if your charger is rated the same as mine (max 18 watts but realistically 13-14 watts) then it's expected to be at least an hour. If your charger is actually rated for 33 watts then you should indeed be getting a faster charge.

It's a bit cheeky to advertise your phone as 33 watts fast charging and then not include a charger which can actually do that.

When you say A10... do you mean Samsung A10? Not Xiaomi RedMi Note 10 Pro? Fast charging on Xiaomi is proprietary.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Check your official charger. Xiaomi claims 33W, 59% in 30 min - but if your charger is rated the same as mine (max 18 watts but realistically 13-14 watts) then it's expected to be at least an hour. If your charger is actually rated for 33 watts then you should indeed be getting a faster charge.

It's a bit cheeky to advertise your phone as 33 watts fast charging and then not include a charger which can actually do that.

When you say A10... do you mean Samsung A10? Not Xiaomi RedMi Note 10 Pro? Fast charging on Xiaomi is proprietary.
With A10 I meen android 10 and also android 11 at the rn10promax

fl4shb1c

Oct 4, 2016
With A10 I meen android 10 and also android 11 at the rn10promax
Gotcha!

To my knowledge the rn10promax was released in March 2021 and shipped with Android 11. If you've had other custom roms with Android 10, then you've introduced another x-factor. It's possible (although unlikely) that the custom A10 rom you were using was reading an incorrect battery size and so it only appeared to be charging faster(?). Have a look at your charger... if the information on it matches mine, then either your other ROM would have been reading the battery incorrectly or your charger is doing more that what's advertised.

SnaexCZ

Feb 21, 2022
Is it possible to change the appearance of the QS panel? In version 1.4 it is now like Pixel, previously the time and date were at the top, and the percentage of the battery was on the right. I mean when you put the notification bar down.

Mauco

May 5, 2019
Anyone facing problems with brightness? I'm on Sweet and both auto and manual brightness are wrong with sunlight.
I must slide down and up brightness regulation from menu to bypass

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Anyone facing problems with brightness? I'm on Sweet and both auto and manual brightness are wrong with sunlight.
I must slide down and up brightness regulation from menu to bypass
I'm using adjustable auto brightness app and it's much better than all ROM system auto brightness
Search for velis auto brightness in play store, even if it say not for Android 12 it's working good.

Reactions: Mauco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

snHlKrS.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

PoKPPuF.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer
    - Prabh - Developer
    - Sarthak - Developer
    - Abhishek - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

A5oSf9f.jpg

NOTE: As we keep updating source so its hard to keep threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our elegram group for latest changes and screenshots.

// Features of Initial Android 12 Build and will be updated on every release //
    Code:
    STATUSBAR
    - 4G Icon Instead of LTE.
    - Added battery icon customisation
    - Added statusbar clock & date customisation
    - VoLTE icon toggle.
    - Volte and Vowifi icon picker

Navigation Bar
    - System navigation

QUICK SETTINGS
    - Vibrate on touch.

GESTURES
    - Double tap to sleep on statusbar
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    - Extended swipe gesture.
    - Quick open camera.
    - One handed mode.
    - Power button press and hold gesture.
    - Power button torch gesture.
    - Screen off power button torch.
    - Three finger swipe screenshot.

BUTTONS
    - Skip music tracks.
    - Volume rocker wake.

NOTIFICATIONS
    - Incall Vibrations.
    - Add switch for linked ring and media notification volumes
    - Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
    - Added Lockscreen Charging info
    - Add option to enable AOD on charging only

POWER MENU
    - Advanced Reboot.
    - Power menu items.

SEURITY
    - Add option to scramble pin layout when unlocking
    - Introduce pocket lock mode

MISC
    - Pure Pixel Goodies
    - Monet Theme (Wallpaper based accent)
    - Themed Icons
    - Add capability to allow tethering to use VPN
    - Enabled charging ripple effect
    - Bluetooth battery level when available
    - Allow user to add/remove QS with one click

Lots more to coming soon !
    Stay Tuned!!

65dC1Ef.jpg

---------- SourceForge ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

5PIB1RV.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Download the latest build
    - Take a backup for safe side
    - Boot to Recovery
    - Format Data by typing yes
    - Flash the latest build
    - Reboot :p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
    Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
    for more READ THIS

BWBCkKG.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project
    - Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Proton AOSP
    - Arrow OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

BuRWbqr.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.0
    - Security patch: December 2021
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : itsXRP
    - DEVICE: Redmi Note 10 Pro Series
    - DEVICE CODENAME: Sweet

---------- Sources and Documentation ----------

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES

vDVCAR5.jpg

---------- Join Telegram Group & Channel ----------

-- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
    --
    SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student. It will be really helpful and appreciated if you donate or contribute to us. Also if you have any queries related to donation you can freely message -> Saurav (Founder & lead Dev)

PAYTM UPI ID : dwarmachine24@paytm
    GPAY UPI ID: dwarmachine24@oksbi
    PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

Update V1.2 V2 21/12/2021

*December Security Patch
    *Added Notch Bar Killer (Under Developer Options/Device Cutout)
    *Latest Vantom Kernel
    *Import HotwordEnrollment from OnePlus 8 Pro (Faster OK Google)
    *Cleanup some cleanup powerhint
    *Games Max FPS Added to source
    *Google Dialer Call Recording Works
    *More Smoother Experience
    *Blah Blah Blah
    *Many more underhood stuff

Update V1.2 12/12/2021

• Nov Sp
    • Switch to CameraGo Gretness Special
    • Switch to Vantom Kernel
    *Allow more cached apps in the background
    • Use Monet colors for power menu
    • uprev android.hardware.health hal to 2.1
    • Rebrand DeviceSettings
    • Many more underhood stuff

Update V1.1 28/11/2021 Hotfix
    • Fixed UI Lags,Shutters etc issue
    • Fixed audio bug on some apps like MS Teams
    • Else same as v1.1 build

Update V1.1 26/11/2021

• Nov Security Patch
    • Enforcing Build
    • Fixed OK Google (Hey Google Works)
    • Fixed Google Voice Recorder
    • Fixed USB OTG issues
    • Fixed Sdcard issue
    • Added Turbo charging" instead of "Charging rapidly"
    • Added Google CameraGo
    • Many underhood changes

Update V1.0 01/11/2021

• Fixed Charging Icon not shown
    • Fixed settings for secondary SIM
    • Fixed random RIL misbehaviour
    • Delta Kernel By Default
    • Added Pixel Modded Launcher (Thanks @Allexwin50)
    • Added Dynamic refresh rate props from coral
    • WFD Fixed(Test)

Update V1.0 30/10/2021

• Initial Official Build
    • October Sp
    • Enabled 2GB of ZRAM
    • Fixed settings for secondary SIM
    • Fixed random RIL misbehaviour
    • Added FM radio
    • Added Spanish translations to the device specific settings
    BTW ROM Updated to v1.1.

Many Stuff Now Fixed..
    I've give a test of this beautiful ROM. Very smooth and everything I try works good except Google assistant with vocal commands (I've try in English and Italian language too with no success).
    Also SD Card is not decected at the moment
    I'll wait if there are a possible fix then come back :) Thank you
    OK Google is dead for now..I am working on it.
    SD Card working fine for me
    Device: sweetin (8gb ram)
    Installed since last week. Not a single bug. Blazing fast and smooth. Everything inplace. So liberating and minimal apps ROM with A12. One issue tho, Camera is now trash as compared to MIUI. No matter what apps I try. Even GCam sucks. No apps can use 108MP camera. Low light performance is even worse seems like pictures taken on a 2014 device. Do I need to install extra libraries? I tried install ANX camera but it thrown my phone in bootloop so had to get rid of that. But please suggest how to improve camera performance.
    Found this amazing GCam port. Camera problems are gone babyyyyy. Posting here so everyone can benefit: