[OFFICIAL] [14.1] [7.1.2] LineageOS for LG G5 (H830 - H850) [Weekly Builds]

Search This thread

GuestNoOne

Nov 11, 2017
Hello,

using LOS14.1 build on some h850, using Magisk.

Now I was wondering about NFC wakeloks and simply want to take the NFC service from the daemon that is initialiting it.
I had a look and after finding out there is not system.d or init.d I now see android is doing it by some init.rc

Anyone knows how NFC is integrated in the init.rc and how to prevent booting it?
Found some script by some other https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47737018&postcount=2

#!/system/xbin/bash
## NFC Down

sync && (sysrw || mount -t ext4 -o rw,remount /system)

### Disable nfc binaries ## add chattr if stderr
for i in "/system/bin/nfc*"; do [[ -f $i ]] && [[ $(chmod 0000 $i) ]] &>/dev/null 2>&1; done

### Disable NFC device, default 0755
chmod 0000 /dev/ttyO3 &>/dev/null 2>&1

### NFC POWER OFF
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/nfc-power/nfc_power 0<&- &>/dev/null 2>&1

sync && (sysro || mount -t ext4 -o ro,remount /system)

Well - but this is just booting up, than disabling the device and powering it off.
Is there not a cleaner way - taking it out of init.rc - so it is not even powered up?
I imagined it to do with just a quick terminal command but android...

Thanks

EDIT:
Well I just went to Recovery, mounted my encrypted system in there and renamed/deleted the app by Terminal and simple rm/mv command.
Better than this would be this one, but still not great:
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/56620/enable-and-disable-system-apps-via-adb

Yes. The command is pm disable <package name>. You must be root in order to do this:

Open shell and get root:

PC> adb shell
shell@hammerhead:/ $ su

List all enabled apps, filter by "calculator":

root@hammerhead:/ # pm list packages -e | grep 'calculator'
package:com.android.calculator2

Disable app:

root@hammerhead:/ # pm disable com.android.calculator2
Package com.android.calculator2 new state: disabled

List all disabled apps:

root@hammerhead:/ # pm list packages -d
package:com.android.calculator2
package:com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.hindi
package:jp.co.omronsoft.iwnnime.ml
package:com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin
package:com.google.android.inputmethod.korean
package:com.google.earth
root@hammerhead:/ #

Some other things worth noting:

In my testing, apps disabled in this manner disappear completely from the Settings > Apps list. They do not even seem to be displayed in the "Disabled" tab
You can re-enable apps with pm enable <package name>. In fact, this seems to be the only way to re-enable them, in my experience.

I still think more in the "pattern" of disabling/removing it at the first demon that inits it, and powering down the hardware,
so this is no great solution!

Has someone the neat solution I try to find?

Last edited:

dedoustrous

Mar 22, 2016
I think i saved the latest official 14.1 version back in the days (for this reason) so here you go :)

lineage-14.1-20190224-nightly-h850-signed

Thank you. However the one that you have uploaded is an official one and I am looking for most recent unofficial LOS 14.1 for H850. I have the one from 21st of November 2019 but I know there were selfbuilds by walter79 from this year.

diedmatrix

Aug 27, 2016
may i aks you why one would install an unoffical LineageOS Android 7 when there is already an OFFICIAL LineageOS17.1 alias Android 10? Do you like to be connected to the internet with THOUSANDS of security holes? oO

jt12345

Jul 1, 2010
London
Thank you. However the one that you have uploaded is an official one and I am looking for most recent unofficial LOS 14.1 for H850. I have the one from 21st of November 2019 but I know there were selfbuilds by walter79 from this year.

The latest that I can find on archive.org is from 31st Dec 2019 (although the build date for that crawl is 26th Dec):
http://web.archive.org/web/20191001...android.selfhost.eu/smartphone/weekly-builds/
http://web.archive.org/web/20191231...android.selfhost.eu/smartphone/weekly-builds/
HTH, J

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
I'm looking to install this official LineageOS 14.1 on an LG G5 H830. Reliability & stability is most important to me in a ROM.

I've browsed through this thread and can't find any issues - so is this ROM considered stable & fully functional? Also, are there any H830 kernels that are recommended or NOT recommended for this ROM?

Thank you!
===EDIT===
Okay, I see that this is up to LOS 17.1.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Lineage 15.1 for your G5 is coming in the not so distant future, please be patient :)

Downloads
    H850
    LineageOS Download

H830
    LineageOS Download

Device Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the LG G5

Contributors
    King_lilrowrow, Rashed97
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader Unlocked, Latest TWRP installed
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-11-04
    Last Updated 2018-03-23
    Change Logs

Official changes to be included in the following weekly builds. (Frequently Updated)

H830 Changes

H850 Changes
    Power to XDA!

After only a few hours of me posting about my G5 dying you guys racked up enough donations that I'm on my way to my nearest phone shop (Carphonewarehouse) to pick up another LG G5!

I guess my work on CyanogenMod starts again as of today guys, massive thanks to everyone on this thread you guys are epic!

Massive Thanks,
    King_lilrowrow
    (Aaron Doe)
    What I've been up to, Project updates and WEN ETA OREO!!

Hello friends, I haven't died, just been very inactive due my beautiful girlfriend falling pregnant :)

So I'm back and have a bit of spare time.

So what's next? Well 14.1 will be unsupported in the coming weeks (not sure on a timescale but can't imagine it being too long now) I've started work on the official lineage 15.1 update and most stuff is working in early tests, including our beloved NFC and a few other things I never got round to on 14.1, this thread will just be updated with new links when I decide to make my new work public, a new thread WON'T be created so keep your eyes peeled in this thread.

Thanks for the ongoing support, I've missed you guys!

Thanks,
    King
    So, what's next?

You've probably heard the news that CyanogenMod will end on the 31st December.
    Check: https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/178955/

Do not worry though, work for CyanogenMod on the G5 will continue as normal until the new ROM base (LineageOS) is ready.
    Our tree's a long with most other CM devices are already present on LineageOS's GitHub.

I will continue to update my cm-14.1 builds until LineageOS is fully up and running then I'll rename this thread in accordance to LineageOS and start working on that.

Rest in peace CyanogenMod, you'll be missed by a LOT of people, I can't wait to see how LineageOS turns out though!

Happy holidays to all of you on XDA!

I'll be back in a couple of days.

Thanks!