[OFFICIAL] [14.1] [7.1.2] LineageOS for LG G5 (H830 - H850) [Weekly Builds]

Search This thread

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hi! I'm not dead, I see a lot of new faces in my thread (some OG's still floating about)

Thanks for the continued support of the ROM.
(Thread is 2 years old now)

I just popped in to say I've gotten my test G5 trebleized successfully with a homemade tool by myself and another developer so our device will soon be able to flash A-Only GSI ROM's (to Pie and beyond!)

Stay tuned, I'll also be doing a private beta really soon.

I don't do ETA's cause it causes false hope but if my private testers also provide positive feedback, I aim to have it public by the end of this year as well as support for the G6!

Thanks, King!

Hi, first of all thanks for your effort developing for our device.

It's also great to know that you've been able to bring treble to the G5 and G6.

I'd be glad to become a tester, so if you think that's possible please let me know how I can join the testers group.

I have two h830 devices, one of them running your official LOS 14.1 and the other one with unofficial LOS 15.1 compiled by me.

King_lilrowrow

Hi, first of all thanks for your effort developing for our device.

It's also great to know that you've been able to bring treble to the G5 and G6.

I'd be glad to become a tester, so if you think that's possible please let me know how I can join the testers group.

I have two h830 devices, one of them running your official LOS 14.1 and the other one with unofficial LOS 15.1 compiled by me.

I've got a few developers testing it to start with.

Once I know peoples phones are safe using the tool I'll open it up for public beta testing and send you a PM.

Cheers,
King!

MessiMaster1027

Nov 11, 2018
If anyone can help me get stable LOS 15.1 or a good stable 9.0 ROM like a LOS or Pixel Experience or any others that'd be greatly appreciated. I have a H830 and I am getting into rooting

Cadoiz

Nov 14, 2018
non-stock app with dual camera support on Lineage 14.1 with LG G5 H850

I like the G5 for its changable battery! But Lineage doesn't ship own support for the dual camera.
(No LG Stock Camera App available - a bit referring to * - the links there are dead unfortunately)
The App CameraMX is great!

It is the only app I found that supports the standard as well as the panorama lens!
I'm running Lineage 14.1 on my LG G5 (H850) and the app seems to bring own drivers.
There are some filters to pay for (non-pushy) and the response time could probably better, but all in all it is a good, tidy app with many functions and its discovery was a real revelation to me.

I hope it can be as helpful for somebody else, just made an account only for sharing this :D

* PS: I can't post links yet, so you have to search it on your own. Hope to help you guys :)

Reactions: Gekass and boxes

boxes

Sep 10, 2009
I like the G5 for its changable battery! But Lineage doesn't ship own support for the dual camera.
(No LG Stock Camera App available - a bit referring to * - the links there are dead unfortunately)
The App CameraMX is great!

It is the only app I found that supports the standard as well as the panorama lens!
I'm running Lineage 14.1 on my LG G5 (H850) and the app seems to bring own drivers.
There are some filters to pay for (non-pushy) and the response time could probably better, but all in all it is a good, tidy app with many functions and its discovery was a real revelation to me.

I hope it can be as helpful for somebody else, just made an account only for sharing this :D

* PS: I can't post links yet, so you have to search it on your own. Hope to help you guys :)

What kind of battery life are you getting on LOS? Using WiFi or lte? Screen on time?

djlooka

Sep 15, 2011
desperatenerd.wordpress.com
I just popped in to say I've gotten my test G5 trebleized successfully with a homemade tool by myself and another developer so our device will soon be able to flash A-Only GSI ROM's (to Pie and beyond!)
[...]
I don't do ETA's cause it causes false hope but if my private testers also provide positive feedback, I aim to have it public by the end of this year as well as support for the G6!
How about ETAs on the private beta? :p
Jokes aside, I wanted to have a look at your past contributions to Lineage in general, but you don't seem to be using your public github profile...?

King_lilrowrow

Do you have any of this in a public github repo? :) Would love to have a look

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

How about ETAs on the private beta? :p
Jokes aside, I wanted to have a look at your past contributions to Lineage in general, but you don't seem to be using your public github profile...?

My new tool will be fully open source once public there's no doubt about that, I intend to make it a rather universal tool for loads of device eventually but just G5/6 on launch.

My public GitHub is lacking I must say, but after releasing my tool publicly and having its source available if you wanted to contribute on a larger scale I'd be happy to let you have access to my private repositories.

King_lilrowrow

I want to test your builds

Remember I'm not making a ROM.

What I'm working on is a toolkit, my toolkit just allows for use of Generic System Images (GSI's) on the G5&G6 as well as other device support in the future.

The stability of the GSI will be down to that projects maintainers and their team of developers, if you find issues with which please kindly report them and hopefully they'll be nice back and fix them for you.

The thread will be EOL very soon and then I'll create a new thread for my toolkit.

Thanks for everyone's patience, exciting times ahead!

totalnoob34

Remember I'm not making a ROM.

What I'm working on is a toolkit, my toolkit just allows for use of Generic System Images (GSI's) on the G5&G6 as well as other device support in the future.

The stability of the GSI will be down to that projects maintainers and their team of developers, if you find issues with which please kindly report them and hopefully they'll be nice back and fix them for you.

The thread will be EOL very soon and then I'll create a new thread for my toolkit.

Thanks for everyone's patience, exciting times ahead!

I'm very excited. Thanks in advance for the effort.

Reactions: misha67

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Lineage 15.1 for your G5 is coming in the not so distant future, please be patient :)

Downloads
    H850
    LineageOS Download

H830
    LineageOS Download

Device Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the LG G5

Contributors
    King_lilrowrow, Rashed97
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader Unlocked, Latest TWRP installed
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-11-04
    Last Updated 2018-03-23
    Change Logs

Official changes to be included in the following weekly builds. (Frequently Updated)

H830 Changes

H850 Changes
    Power to XDA!

After only a few hours of me posting about my G5 dying you guys racked up enough donations that I'm on my way to my nearest phone shop (Carphonewarehouse) to pick up another LG G5!

I guess my work on CyanogenMod starts again as of today guys, massive thanks to everyone on this thread you guys are epic!

Massive Thanks,
    King_lilrowrow
    (Aaron Doe)
    What I've been up to, Project updates and WEN ETA OREO!!

Hello friends, I haven't died, just been very inactive due my beautiful girlfriend falling pregnant :)

So I'm back and have a bit of spare time.

So what's next? Well 14.1 will be unsupported in the coming weeks (not sure on a timescale but can't imagine it being too long now) I've started work on the official lineage 15.1 update and most stuff is working in early tests, including our beloved NFC and a few other things I never got round to on 14.1, this thread will just be updated with new links when I decide to make my new work public, a new thread WON'T be created so keep your eyes peeled in this thread.

Thanks for the ongoing support, I've missed you guys!

Thanks,
    King
    So, what's next?

You've probably heard the news that CyanogenMod will end on the 31st December.
    Check: https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/178955/

Do not worry though, work for CyanogenMod on the G5 will continue as normal until the new ROM base (LineageOS) is ready.
    Our tree's a long with most other CM devices are already present on LineageOS's GitHub.

I will continue to update my cm-14.1 builds until LineageOS is fully up and running then I'll rename this thread in accordance to LineageOS and start working on that.

Rest in peace CyanogenMod, you'll be missed by a LOT of people, I can't wait to see how LineageOS turns out though!

Happy holidays to all of you on XDA!

I'll be back in a couple of days.

Thanks!