• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][5.1.1_r18][G3][D855/All Variants] XenonHD 5.1 Stable/Weekly/Experimental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Schumi_wk

Nov 14, 2009
Great ROM stable fast and very good battery life. Only problem i have is that i cannot lower the sound and it is just to loud for me. Any ideas what i can do?

pandalorian

Jan 3, 2012
awesome rom, finally my g3 flies. i have a small, annoying problem also: on my company i have a guest wifi(which requires acc and pass-they lasts for some hour then not working). With freevpnaccess i was able to avoid this security, and able to use the internet without any problem as long as the freevpnaccess dont change their pass on servers(they do it in every couple hours), then i need to enter the new pass and i can use the service again.
Now, my problem is: i can start a vpn connection,be able to net for like 2min,then at the status bar i get a message : login needed to XY and i cant use the net anymore,i must dc and reconnect the vpn for an another 2min session. whats wrong or what do i have to change in order to be able to use it as i did in the past(cloudy 2.5,lion 5.5)?

megalosdog

Feb 14, 2012
md
Great ROM stable fast and very good battery life. Only problem i have is that i cannot lower the sound and it is just to loud for me. Any ideas what i can do?
check audio fx app, it doesnt seem to do anything on my phone, but maybe it is on yours.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

This wakelocks its little hard to close it. Because i close it to all roms i use. The only way to close it because not exist wakelock blocker its amplify just make it run this wakelocks every 90000 seconds and not every second. And works ok with that. RILJ, Audiomix and some others. You can check it with wakelock detector or BBS. But its not big trouble. Rom its very good written and not have battery absorb if dont close it.[/QU

So your saying that even with the "keep awake" option turned off, you're still getting wakelocks from that app? Hmmmm......

Last edited:

y0000

Mar 9, 2015
New York
check audio fx app, it doesnt seem to do anything on my phone, but maybe it is on yours.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

This wakelocks its little hard to close it. Because i close it to all roms i use. The only way to close it because not exist wakelock blocker its amplify just make it run this wakelocks every 90000 seconds and not every second. And works ok with that. RILJ, Audiomix and some others. You can check it with wakelock detector or BBS. But its not big trouble. Rom its very good written and not have battery absorb if dont close it.[/QU

So your saying that even with the "keep awake" option turned off, you're still getting wakelocks from that app? Hmmmm......

ofc still gettings wakelocks for all apps. Keep awake its different dont close the wakelocks close only the app to dont wake alone and the permissions to read or write. Wakelocks still run to backround. But exist many ways to close the wakelocks. And all works.

juanmaasecas

Feb 5, 2011
uhm... I tried to change resolution using nomone, but only dpi changes... not resolution. I don't know why...
Use terminal emulator

Type "su" then enter
Give root privileges

Then type "Wm size 1080x1920" then enter
You're done.

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Possible to dirty flash updates? Or should I wipe data and cache every time?
I do dirty flash with no problems at all

megalosdog

Feb 14, 2012
md
Yeah nomone don't work. Res changer app does tho but I keep getting bootloops

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

uhm... I tried to change resolution using nomone, but only dpi changes... not resolution. I don't know why...

Use terminal emulator

Type "su" then enter
Give root privileges

You're done.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

I do dirty flash with no problems at all

Except you forgot to change dpi.

NM666

Dec 30, 2008
Kazan
Hi all!
I have a 2 questions:
1. How can I update Layers Manger from Play Store? It shows me update available, but when installing I get -505 error. Should I remove it and then install?
2. What can I do with a lot of wakelocks (see screenshots). This kind of wakelocks (excepl Audiomix) I have on ALL installed AOSP and CM based ROMs, but not on stock based. I use same applications (restore with TB), my phone most of time just lies on the table... With stock based ROM I have about 2 days of working without tens of thousends of wakelocks; with other ROMs just about 1 day. How can I investigate wich app causes this wakelocks? Maybe I should just block them? I'm afraid when I block wakelocks I'll lost background sync and other needed features.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-12-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-12-20.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-12-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-12-35.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 398
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-12-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-12-51.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-02.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-18.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 388
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-28.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 374
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-39.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-12-13-54.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 380

Pgr626

Feb 9, 2011
Paris
Hello guys,

I have this problem after clean swipe, flash ROM (stable) and gapps (stock), and reboot system :

4560754647225dea08bfabd9aa06b991.jpg

An idea ?! Thx

Envoyé de mon LG-D855 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: arbi1301

SoulReaver75

Jul 1, 2011
Piacenza
Use terminal emulator

Type "su" then enter
Give root privileges

You're done.

Wow, it worked. Now I have to find the best dpi, 424 (G2 setting) looks too high.

I suppose that rebooting will set the original resolution.
How can I set it automatically on every boot?
Thanks.

Edit: 360DPI looks ok.

Edit2: rebooting does not change resolution back. :good:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

uhm... everything looks ok, but if I try to launch a bench using antutu... as soon as the video bench start, where i was supposed to see FHD instead of QHD resolution, the screen goes black and I have to reboot the mobile by keeping power button pressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: juanmaasecas

y0000

Mar 9, 2015
New York
Hi all!
I have a 2 questions:
1. How can I update Layers Manger from Play Store? It shows me update available, but when installing I get -505 error. Should I remove it and then install?
2. What can I do with a lot of wakelocks (see screenshots). This kind of wakelocks (excepl Audiomix) I have on ALL installed AOSP and CM based ROMs, but not on stock based. I use same applications (restore with TB), my phone most of time just lies on the table... With stock based ROM I have about 2 days of working without tens of thousends of wakelocks; with other ROMs just about 1 day. How can I investigate wich app causes this wakelocks? Maybe I should just block them? I'm afraid when I block wakelocks I'll lost background sync and other needed features.

1) Delete Layers Manger reboot phone. And install it again for Gplay.
2) If you read 4-5 posts back you see how to close this wakelocks. For me runs so mutch like you but i have close it all. Check little back.

Last edited:

NM666

Dec 30, 2008
Kazan
Read the app description! There lies the solution...
Thanks!

1) Delete Layers Manger reboot phone. And install it again for Gplay.
2) If you read 4-5 posts back you see how to close this wakelocks. For me runs so mutch like you but i have close it all. Check little back.
Thanks!
Already installed Amplify.

So all other people just block them or they don't have this wakelocks? What's the reason of this wakelocks (Play Services just bridge to other apps)? What am I doing wrong with non-stock ROMs?

y0000

Mar 9, 2015
New York
Thanks!

Thanks!
Already installed Amplify.

So all other people just block them or they don't have this wakelocks? What's the reason of this wakelocks (Play Services just bridge to other apps)? What am I doing wrong with non-stock ROMs?

This wakelock runs all the time without give you something to need it just run and run and run with battery cost... Not block all of them. Block this and with this desappear more of them. Block the Nipcollector, RILJ, Nip wakelock, *alarm*, Audio Mix, all that 80000 seconds. If you dont use GPS block and the location manager and freez locations with titanium backup, block syncloop and sync all manual not automatic sync. Reboot phone and you are ok.

Last edited:

Kappa Lamda

Jun 28, 2010
Patras
This is very strange... This is the second time I try to flash this rom. Flashed it and everything was OK. Restored all of my apps. All OK. After that I installed some apps like BBS, LMT, and some xposed modules.Restored also some apps's data like viber's one to have all of conversations restored again with TB and removed apps like Email and Exchange and kernel auditor. Not system apps data. Made all the required reboots. Enabled the xposed modules(amplify, appops, powernap, greenify) and reboot. Then I started setting up my social media accounts. Fb, Twitter etc.
Everything was running smoothly and no problems. I even installed a Layer this time(the first time I haven't used any layer.)

I finished setting and let the phone down. After a while I notice that it constalty goes into a hot reboot bootloop. Showing all the time the XenonHD boot animation and booting up showing the lockscreen. After 5 seconds each time. It reboots. and again the same thing. I tried dirty flashing the rom. AGAIN. The same bootloop.
This is the second time I had this. First one was two weeks ago. Now I used weekly built 4/10 and then I had used stable build 13/9. D855. I also use Nebula kernel.

Never had this before with any rom and cannot track down, or think of any solution or the cause of the problem. Maybe it is the kernel but I know of a user that uses XenonHD with nebula.

Strange is that it does this after I finished setting up. And after a while. Maybe after 10 minutes or somewhat.

Anybody can think of something???

Last edited:

SoulReaver75

Jul 1, 2011
Piacenza
Wow, it worked. Now I have to find the best dpi, 424 (G2 setting) looks too high.

I suppose that rebooting will set the original resolution.
How can I set it automatically on every boot?
Thanks.

Edit: 360DPI looks ok.

Edit2: rebooting does not change resolution back. :good:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

uhm... everything looks ok, but if I try to launch a bench using antutu... as soon as the video bench start, where i was supposed to see FHD instead of QHD resolution, the screen goes black and I have to reboot the mobile by keeping power button pressed.

I tried 318DPI, looks ok, but Antutu does not work.

Edit: uhm... I set back 528DPI, but it doesn't work anyway, there must be another problem...

Edit2: ok, it was because of something else, not related to resolution or DPI.

Last edited:

TangerineTractor

Sep 8, 2006
This is very strange... This is the second time I try to flash this rom. Flashed it and everything was OK. Restored all of my apps. All OK. After that I installed some apps like BBS, LMT, and some xposed modules.Restored also some apps's data like viber's one to have all of conversations restored again with TB and removed apps like Email and Exchange and kernel auditor. Not system apps data. Made all the required reboots. Enabled the xposed modules(amplify, appops, powernap, greenify) and reboot. Then I started setting up my social media accounts. Fb, Twitter etc.
Everything was running smoothly and no problems. I even installed a Layer this time(the first time I haven't used any layer.)

I finished setting and let the phone down. After a while I notice that it constalty goes into a hot reboot bootloop. Showing all the time the XenonHD boot animation and booting up showing the lockscreen. After 5 seconds each time. It reboots. and again the same thing. I tried dirty flashing the rom. AGAIN. The same bootloop.
This is the second time I had this. First one was two weeks ago. Now I used weekly built 4/10 and then I had used stable build 13/9. D855. I also use Nebula kernel.

Never had this before with any rom and cannot track down, or think of any solution or the cause of the problem. Maybe it is the kernel but I know of a user that uses XenonHD with nebula.

Strange is that it does this after I finished setting up. And after a while. Maybe after 10 minutes or somewhat.

Anybody can think of something???

Same issue as i had on 13/9. Not really been running Xenon as a solid ROM on an newevr build since though.
Issue might be layers based, that's what appeared to trigger my bootloop off the very first time, although subsequent ones seemed to just start randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts