[OFFICIAL][7.1.2] AICP 12.1 nightlies

Search This thread

prazola

Jun 24, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 4C
Oreo still feels laggy on this device. There's something heavy on the GPU and if you higher the GPU base clock every lag disappears. This doesn't happen on device like the old moto g (titan) with a less powerful GPU.
I think we should look into this behavior to finally enjoy Oreo on mi4c.

Reactions: dado_verro89

pjy2017

Aug 8, 2017
梧州
Hi, recently it was not possible to unlock the face unlock and voice recognition in Smart Lock via Gapps (micro) on aicp13.1, while the other 3 unlocking methods are normal. Can anyone tell me what to do, I want to use face recognition. Thank you
I am able to use the aicp update today, the same installation process (ROM, Gapps micro version, magisk, startup). Log in to your Google account, set the screen unlock pattern, enter Google Smart Lock, and find no face recognition and voice recognition. Other Smart Lock unlocks are normal, I don't know what the problem is. I started asking my friends and found that they also encountered the same problem on other oreo version roms. I suspect that it is aosp source code or security patch. @csolanol

Last edited:

thekokii

Feb 19, 2011
Oreo still feels laggy on this device. There's something heavy on the GPU and if you higher the GPU base clock every lag disappears. This doesn't happen on device like the old moto g (titan) with a less powerful GPU.
I think we should look into this behavior to finally enjoy Oreo on mi4c.

When I started to use Oreo AICP (not the first release) it was just so great. Everything was smooth and for example installing my apps for the first time on the clear system (90+) took less time than now updating 60 of them at a time, and the system was usable during the installs. The battery time was not that great, but it is improved now I think except the awakeness which is still there. (Restart after charging kinda solves it until the next charge)

The latest OTA brought back the low memory, which was an issue a few weeks back. :(
Btw is there a reason that every OTA update shuffles the boot animation? It is not a functional issue I am just wondering if it is on purpose or just random merging which changes it every time. :p
Also dunno since when but searching in settings does not work :(

Last edited:

csolanol

Apr 18, 2010
When I started to use Oreo AICP (not the first release) it was just so great. Everything was smooth and for example installing my apps for the first time on the clear system (90+) took less time than now updating 60 of them at a time, and the system was usable during the installs. The battery time was not that great, but it is improved now I think except the awakeness which is still there. (Restart after charging kinda solves it until the next charge)

The latest OTA brought back the low memory, which was an issue a few weeks back. :(
Btw is there a reason that every OTA update shuffles the boot animation? It is not a functional issue I am just wondering if it is on purpose or just random merging which changes it every time. :p
Also dunno since when but searching in settings does not work :(

There are 4 bootanimations and on every build one is choosed randomly by the build system.

About memory management, nothing changed in latest build.

Ga_hap_la_chanh

May 15, 2016
Thank you for keeping Mi4c alive, xiaomi has ended support for this device. The last stable rom version is 10.1 and beta rom is 8.9.13, there won't be any update from now.

foxrobi

Nov 17, 2009
does anyone have battery drain problems with google play services how can I fix it? I've already tried deleting the data

Inviato dal mio Mi4c utilizzando Tapatalk

caphub

Nov 7, 2018
Thank you for supporting this old phone and protecting me from consumer rush. Installed Cozzmy's twrp-20180106-1033.img, libra_miui_v8.7.12_fw_patch.zip modem firmware, this ROM, Magisk and Nanodroid, which provides lightweight FOSS Google services replacement with a bunch of apps. Approximately 700-800 MB from 2GB is available from start. After being in sleep mode overnight battery usage shows that it will last ~3.5 days(the battery is replaced, though). Awesome result.

Gekass

Thank you for supporting this old phone and protecting me from consumer rush. Installed Cozzmy's twrp-20180106-1033.img, libra_miui_v8.7.12_fw_patch.zip modem firmware, this ROM, Magisk and Nanodroid, which provides lightweight FOSS Google services replacement with a bunch of apps. Approximately 700-800 MB from 2GB is available from start. After being in sleep mode overnight battery usage shows that it will last ~3.5 days(the battery is replaced, though). Awesome result.

I de-googled my phone and using f-droid. Battey life is very good for this phone.

foxrobi

Nov 17, 2009
hello, I have the latest version AICP 12.1 a few days I changed the battery but I always have a high battery drain given by Google play service, I have already turned off the GPS and data in the background, what can I do to solve? thank you

foxrobi

Nov 17, 2009
hello, I have the latest version AICP 12.1 a few days I changed the battery but I always have a high battery drain given by Google play service, I have already turned off the GPS and data in the background, what can I do to solve? thank you

. Screenshot_20190122-075351.jpeg

1q1q

Sep 12, 2009
I've tried today for few hours the latest 13.1 rom. Looks good. It is possible update to Pie?
It will be still Mi4c supported?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the rebrand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now actually LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or LAOS team, if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    • maxwen
    • DU team
    • SlimRoms team
    • Resurrection Remix team
    • OmniRom team
    • Community

team.png

• @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @eyosen
    • @semdoc
    • @Drgravy
    • @Hashbang173
    • @SpiritCroc
    • @wartomato
    • @eboye
    • plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 12.1

Download link: afh

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/ZrR9Vh

Google Apps:
    Beans gapps
    Or
    Open GApps (ARM or ARM64 7.1 pico or nano, depending on your phone's architecture)

issues.png

• You tell... :p

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Nougat. You don't need to install any Add-Ons, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it, and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.
    It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!
    • Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device
    • Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
    • Wipe system, Cache, data and ART/Dalvik cache
    • Flash ROM Zipfile
    • Flash/Install GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
    • Optional: If you are on lollipop bootloader and get a bootloop or wanna use encryption update your firmware from twrp: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298980128
    • Flash/Install the root solution of choice (optional)
    • Reboot to system

ROM supports both, lollipop and nougat, bootloaders.
    After successfully downloading, updates are stored under AICP-OTA directory in Internal Memory. After flashing the update you need to flash this kernel and then flash the latest Magisk framework.
    Read this: G+ Notice

The ROM has GApps persistance in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)!

Supported root solutions:

Magisk v13(remember that v12 needs the Manager to be installed separately from XDA thread)
    Magisk V13 includes Magisk Manager

SuperSU (Use whatever works for you, stable or beta):
    SuperSU - stable and beta available (Site by CCMT that took over the the marketing from chainfire)
    SuperSU - direct download link for the latest SuperSU directly from the dev (chainfire)

Lineage SU-addon (check your needed version: 14.1 arm or arm64) -> the removal zip is available here too.

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this ROM follows LAOS source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash using the buildin OTA app that needs TWRP recovery installed to work.
    You can still use CWM/LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. Zip gets saved in the "AICP_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

Kernel:

ROM & Additional links:
    Gerrit Code Review
    Github

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux x

Version Information

You want to see a normal night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP 12.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 4C

Contributors
    Cozzmy13, csolanol
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOKP and LAOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-03
    Last Updated 2018-04-10
    Exist any thread of this version?

Not for now as jenkins isn't officially building libra for now. Got tired of people flashing 13.1 over 12.1 from ota app and coming here and to g+ community to *****. When we get ota app not letting flash 13.1 versions over 12.1 i will start weekly builds again and maybe create a new thread.
    I just came here to ask what happened with the build. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and hope you come back.
    No one could blame you even for stopping completely. You've given a lot of your time into Mi4c development and some of us are very grateful.

Builds will come back soon.
    I think we have found the issue. If all goes well tomorrow's build will fix the issue.

Edit: fixed for tomorrow [emoji29]