[OFFICIAL] [7.1] LineageOS 14.1 - OnePlus 5 [cheeseburger]

Search This thread

Absalom34

Apr 20, 2017
What about this??
Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing full zips in recovery.

Donald Nice

What about this??
Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing full zips in recovery.
This is for oos, not for lineage. Lineage does not provide smaller otas, every build is a full zip.

Absalom34

Apr 20, 2017
What about this??

Gaining Root Access

For Users who want to remain Encrypted:
1. Boot into TWRP Recovery and allow system modifications.
2. Swipe right and enable modifications.
3. Select your preferred Language, Tap “Never show this screen on boot again,” and Swipe allow modification.
4. Navigate to Install and select Magisk Or SuperSU to root OnePlus 5.
5. Swipe to confirm the flash
6. Reboot System
Keep in mind that the first boot after wiping the phone may take longer than usual, as the phone will need to rebuild the dalvik cache and initialize other first boot and would reboot a few times due to SuperSU Flash.

For Users who want to Decrypt Data have to Format Data & Flash No Verity OP5 Zip
1. Boot into TWRP Recovery and allow system modifications.
2. Swipe right and enable modifications.
3. Select your preferred Language, Tap “Never show this screen on boot again,” and Swipe allow modification.
Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” to mount internal storage
4. Download & Transfer no_verity_op5.zip to the device over MTP from here Credits @snowwolf725
5. Go to “Install” section, select no_verity_op5.zip, and swipe to confirm the flash
6. Transfer latest Magisk/SuperSU to the device over MTP to your Oneplus 5 & Swipe to confirm the flash
7. Reboot System

What is the difference using Linage between encrypt or not encrypt?

Final Question:
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 4.5.10 Firmware <-------------- Do we have to flash this? If that so? When do we have to flash?

Last edited:

mp3deviant721

Jan 4, 2013
Hello Guys,

I have been using xXx NoLimits 4.8 rom that is based on Oxygyn 4.5.15 ( android version 7.1.1) and now I would like to try Lineage 14.1.
I have TWRP 3.2.1 Blue Spark V8.61.

I wiped Data, Cache, System and Dalvik and flashed Lineage 14.1 and then flashed the addon supersu 64bit and then wipe dalvik and cache again and rebooted but the phone never booted into system. It kept on rebooting to the recovery or stuck in a bootloop.

Any idea on what I am missing here?

Thanks
Flash the no_verity_op5_v2.zip found here in the forums. This will disable encryption. Lineage enforces encryption and won't boot on decrypted devices. Otherwise I think you can also flash a kernel that does not enforce encryption.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fidzi_1981

me1k01

Dec 4, 2017
Frankfurt
Hi,

i'm currently on the 05.02.2018 14.1 Build. How i can flash the nightly Oreo Build ?

Full Wipe, Flash new Modem, and follow the known way? So flash Rom, Gapps, Magisk ?

Kind Regards

dheerajthe1

Dec 31, 2010
is the los 14.1 rom no longer maintained? I can't even find the downloads . All downloads I find are of los 15.1

15.1 doesn't have volte :(

Maslo55

Jan 14, 2018
Wakelocks with WiFi or mobile data enabled draining battery fast

I have OnePlus 5 running Lineage 14.1 version 20180220 (last 14.1 released).

A week ago I started getting constant battery drain with either WiFi or mobile data enabled. The phone barely lasts a day (if I disable Wifi/data, it can last more than a week). I have identified the culprit with GSam battery monitor as the following kernel wakelocks:

On mobile data: IPA_WS
On WiFi: qcom_rx_wakelock

I have tried disabling emergency broadcasts as suggested by one forum post with similar issues, but it did not solve the problem for me.

Any suggestions? Should I try to upgrade to version 15.1? (there are some GPS issues reported with OnePlus 5 on 15.1, so I am reluctant to do that, so far 14.1 has been perfect for me except for this issue).

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
I have OnePlus 5 running Lineage 14.1 version 20180220 (last 14.1 released).

A week ago I started getting constant battery drain with either WiFi or mobile data enabled. The phone barely lasts a day (if I disable Wifi/data, it can last more than a week). I have identified the culprit with GSam battery monitor as the following kernel wakelocks:

On mobile data: IPA_WS
On WiFi: qcom_rx_wakelock

I have tried disabling emergency broadcasts as suggested by one forum post with similar issues, but it did not solve the problem for me.

Any suggestions? Should I try to upgrade to version 15.1? (there are some GPS issues reported with OnePlus 5 on 15.1, so I am reluctant to do that, so far 14.1 has been perfect for me except for this issue).

qcom_rx_wakelock is caused by the router you are connected to. It has to do with something called "Multicast" IIRC

zyguo

Nov 27, 2011
Why does my op5 alert slider always stop working after every boots, after a while

The duration before it stop working may be 10 minutes to few hours(usually 1 or 2)

I'm using 14.1 12080220 now, my op2 which using 14.1 last official build also got this issue, 13.x are the same.

Anyone have the same problem here?

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
The duration before it stop working may be 10 minutes to few hours(usually 1 or 2)

I'm using 14.1 12080220 now, my op2 which using 14.1 last official build also got this issue, 13.x are the same.

Anyone have the same problem here?

you should really upgrade to 15.1. I have had no problems with the slider.

VBabbar

Feb 4, 2021
I think there is a flash able zip of oos camera in rr unofficial thread.
Can u please give me link in which there is /system/apps or/system/priv-apps folder for LOS 14.1 for arm64 device? Coz most of the zip files i had seen had system folder with only system.new.dat or system.img files. If i could get apps from system in any downloadable file ot will be heplful otherwise i may have tp extract system.new.dat to get the folder packed inside it which is very complicated procedure. Pls help n let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twuf4.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. 
    No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages
    that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of
    business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty
    covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will
    be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our website.

Wiki
    Official LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger

Installation
    First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your OnePlus 5:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
    • Push GApps (arm 64) and the Lineage 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the LineageOS 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot

Downloads
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
    You can report bugs on our Jira bug tracker as explained in our wiki.

F.A.Q.
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • Root has been removed from LineageOS builds, to allow people who are not interested in root access to enjoy apps such as PokemonGo or banking apps. A zip to re-enable root will be provided here. Other packages such as SuperSu, magisk or others are not supported and may cause problems
    • Why no f2fs support?
    • F2fs does not support fbe (file-based encryption) which proved iteslf better than block-based encryption even on f2fs. Due to some android rescue features, an attemp to boot using an userdata partition using an unsupported filesystem may lead to an automatic attemp to format userdata partition (which includes sdcard) to the supported configuration.
    • Why no nightly this week?
    • Build failed. Check again in 7 days
    • Installation fails with error 7, what should I do?
    • Make sure your firmware is up to date. You can find zip flashable firmwares here
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom.
    • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
    • I won't. Feel free to submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] [7.1] LineageOS 14.1 - OnePlus 5 [cheeseburger], ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    linuxxxx, codeworkx, chenxingyu, amartinz, jumoog
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 4.5.10 Firmware

Version Information

Created 2017-08-28
    Last Updated 2017-09-03
    Next build will require 4.5.10 firmware.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs
    It's available under https://download.lineageos.org/cheeseburger

Gesendet von meinem SM-T819 mit Tapatalk

Yes, triggered a build manually because we've missed the build train by a few hours.

Hi thanks for rom. I have a question to ask. Recently I have read lineageos 15 is going to start rolling and today on Tweeter i saw few phones started to rollout. Will we also going to get in coming days.

No. We've just startet to work on lineage 15.0.
    Normally it takes a few months till it gets to a state where it can be considered as daily driver.
    Q1 2018 maybe
    12/25 update

Dirty flash seems to be OK as well so far. Will update with more info if something else comes up. So far, no random reboots.

Where do you disable keep awake?

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

Next build will improve battery lifetime.