Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
So I attempted to upgrade from 180902-Experimental-mata to the 0914 Official build and while it installed fine, my touchscreen doesn't work when I restart. Any ideas? Also would it be possible to get the new official TWRP integrated into the recovery partition that comes with this build for the PH-1? That would be amazing.
No idea about the touchscreen but that's what I'm planning to do. But I need mata twrp device tree which isn't available yet.

Wysłane z mojego PH-1 przy użyciu Tapatalka

jaylittle

Sep 14, 2016
Greer, SC
jaylittle.com
FWIW, the touchscreen works fine after I switch slots back to my 0902 install. I am assuming something changed with the kernel in the latest build that breaks the touchscreen somehow? Note: It doesn't work on the 0914 install when I boot into either system or the built-in recovery.

EDIT: Can anybody else with a PH-1 install the 0914 Official XenonHD build and attempt to verify the issue?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

So I just installed the 20180910 official build and it worked fine. Well at least the touchscreen in the system works. Touchscreen on recovery doesn't work. It appears that some Essential specific kernel updates were merged between the 0910 and 0914 builds according to the Change Log so something in one of those two commits seems likely to be cause.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

LOL - Nevermind about the recovery touchscreen bit. Apparently the volume keys and the power button allow for adequate navigation there. My bad. So yeah definitely something touchscreen related broke between 0910 and 0914 in the kernel when it comes to the actual system. I apologize for my "stream of consciousness" like posting behavior.

Last edited:

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
FWIW, the touchscreen works fine after I switch slots back to my 0902 install. I am assuming something changed with the kernel in the latest build that breaks the touchscreen somehow? Note: It doesn't work on the 0914 install when I boot into either system or the built-in recovery.

EDIT: Can anybody else with a PH-1 install the 0914 Official XenonHD build and attempt to verify the issue?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

So I just installed the 20180910 official build and it worked fine. Well at least the touchscreen in the system works. Touchscreen on recovery doesn't work. It appears that some Essential specific kernel updates were merged between the 0910 and 0914 builds according to the Change Log so something in one of those two commits seems likely to be cause.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

LOL - Nevermind about the recovery touchscreen bit. Apparently the volume keys and the power button allow for adequate navigation there. My bad. So yeah definitely something touchscreen related broke between 0910 and 0914 in the kernel when it comes to the actual system. I apologize for my "stream of consciousness" like posting behavior.

Essential updated some touchscreen related firmware files in the September Patch, causing touchscreen issues for those with mismatched firmware. Well known issue since the day the patch was released. Not sure what blobs this ROM requires, but I'd suggest trying different "hyp" partitions from either the August or September update.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronRoo

jaylittle

Sep 14, 2016
Greer, SC
jaylittle.com
I tried flashing the hyp partition from both the August and September update using the stock files available in this forum.

Sept = bootloop with 0914
Aug = boots, but no touch on 0914

I did some digging and read that you needed to flash both the hyp and the rpm partitions together. So I did that. Same results with 0914.

Any ideas?

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
Hey, I'm back from vacation. Seems that I've missed something there. All sources (blobs, kernel and device tree) used by me are the latest lineage-15.1 ones.

firmware paritions must be updated to those from PPR1.180905.036 release for the touchscreen to work

Also I'm searching for some testers for first XenonHD Pie builds :)

Reactions: IronRoo

jaylittle

Sep 14, 2016
Greer, SC
jaylittle.com
Hey, I'm back from vacation. Seems that I've missed something there. All sources (blobs, kernel and device tree) used by me are the latest lineage-15.1 ones.

Also I'm searching for some testers for first XenonHD Pie builds :)
Can you specifically list what the firmware partitions are that we should be concerned with? Is there anything beyond hyp and rpm that we need to flash?

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
Ok anyone interested in testing, please send me pm here or on TG so I can send you download link

Wysłane z mojego PH-1 przy użyciu Tapatalka

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
I've published some experimental builds on official server already - https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android/teamhorizon/P/Experimental/mata/
waiting for feedback

flashed the new pie build, almost done. this commit https://github.com/TeamHorizon/andr...mmit/ee1322b95c792c58eb804f7410c815d3d67c0688 seems not to work, i can't find the option in display settings.

thanks. will be fixed in next build. how is it overall besides that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts