[OFFICIAL][9.0.0_r46][ASB_2019-11][grus] XenonHD 9.0 (14-11-2019)

Search This thread

CherryLime

Aug 31, 2019
For whoever is interested, I'm using vendor V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM (and firmware) without (adicional) issues. Tested on XenonHD and MoKee.

i tried to flash the ROM with vendor V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM but it gave me always Error 7. I can't find vendor V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM, so maybe someone can give me a link for it?

Reactions: Talkrabb

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
i tried to flash the ROM with vendor V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM but it gave me always Error 7. I can't find vendor V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM, so maybe someone can give me a link for it?

It's probably a verification from the updater-script. I've used vendor 10.3.9 (and firmware) with this ROM and I had no issues. But if course it's always good practice to use the recommended vendor. So I guess you can install the recovery ROM from the link above and then install XenonHD on top if it.

Reactions: CherryLime

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
@CherryLime
1. standard solution for error 7: dive into zip-file to META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and delete the 1st assert-line.
2. Vendors from here.

It's actually the second line (first one verifies phone model). You can also edit the updater-script from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com vendor/firmware zip file and comment (or delete) that annoying line that flashes vbmeta, avoiding a trip to fastboot mode to reflash vbmeta with --disable-verity --disable-verification parameters.

Talkrabb

Jun 16, 2007
Bodensee
www.thaifrau.de
Installed the update and it works fine as the version before.

Unfortunately the Wi-Fi reconnect bug is still present.

Here are the logs:
http://aw6.de/grus/2019-10-19_12.39.zip
(Was connected to my Wi-Fi, turned flight mode on and off -> did not reconnect. Had to select my Wi-Fi by hand to get access again.)

My configuration:
twrp-3.3.1-9-Mi9SE.img
XenonHD-191018-Official-grus.zip
Okitavera-kernel-8.3_R3-Mi9SE.zip
Magisk 20.0
magisk-goodix-fod-wakeup-1.3.zip

Android security level 1.August 2019
Manufacturer safety patch level 5.August 2019

By the way:
Is there a way to get a newer security patch than August?

Reactions: briandarrel

okitavera

Jan 6, 2016
Malang
okitavera.me
Installed the update and it works fine as the version before.

Unfortunately the Wi-Fi reconnect bug is still present.

Here are the logs:
http://aw6.de/grus/2019-10-19_12.39.zip
(Was connected to my Wi-Fi, turned flight mode on and off -> did not reconnect. Had to select my Wi-Fi by hand to get access again.)

My configuration:
twrp-3.3.1-9-Mi9SE.img
XenonHD-191018-Official-grus.zip
Okitavera-kernel-8.3_R3-Mi9SE.zip
Magisk 20.0
magisk-goodix-fod-wakeup-1.3.zip

Android security level 1.August 2019
Manufacturer safety patch level 5.August 2019

By the way:
Is there a way to get a newer security patch than August?

The ROM itself is actually uses October patches. it just the platform security patch string :)
And you can't report anything when you have a modded system (e.g : custom kernel, magisk modules, etc).

ashus

Feb 4, 2008
Ostrava
ashus.ashus.net
As I spent my fair share of time trying to get this ROM working the other day, I'd like to share my final verified steps to successfully flash this ROM:

• backup everything you want to your PC or say goodbye to your data
  • flash twrp-3.3.1-10-Mi9SE.img by redispade using fastboot (this one is required as the other one has broken encryption)
  • flash vbmeta.img using `fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img` still in fastboot
  • boot to TWRP, flash fw-vendor_grus_miui_GRUSEEAGlobal_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM
  • clear system, data, cache, dalvik
  • if coming from another TWRP recovery, you also need to format internal storage filesystem as encryption might not be ready and you could end up with bootloops (this will delete all user data)
  • somewhere in the process of flashing below you might get an error. In that case just unmount system and leave only data and cache mounted. No need to reboot.
  • flash XenonHD-191018-Official-grus.zip (modified to skip vendor asserts)
  • flash Open GApps arm64 9.0 (nano or your favourite flavour)
  • flash Okitavera-kernel-8.4-Mi9SE.zip
  • flash Magisk-v20.0.zip
  • reboot to system
  • install ANXCameraUnity_152.InsubstantialThinFieldspaniel.zip as module using Magisk

If you keep restarting to fastboot, you need vbmeta.
If you keep seeing bootloop with Mi logo and "unlocked" over and over again, you might need to format internal storage. I spent hours and tried many guides from this thread before I figured this one out.
Also I needed OTG USB flash drive with files above as I cound't get MTP working in my Windows 10.

Now I'm happy with this new ROM coming from deprecated Pixel Experience. This ROM looks very clean and close to LineageOS. UI was kept finely tuned and not many more customizations were made (eg. crDroid has many more switches, but I couldn't get light grey font over white screen of NFC read tag changed).

I'd like to thank krasCGQ and other contributors for the hard work they've done, I like this ROM and I chose to use it daily.

Here are my remarks:
  1. The vendor assert is just wrong, please remove it. Currently I tried to follow guides, but mentioned vendors are nowhere to be found. Also the flashing guide was too generic and could not be followed properly.
  2. I also experience the wi-fi reconnection problem, please look into it. To me it looks like the accesspoint list is not updated frequently enough. I put my phone away, went to another area (10min) and when I turned it on, I saw the old SSIDs for another 30s. Too deep sleep?
  3. I can't send SMS messages. I can receive them though. Has anyone here even tried that nowadays? My phone is GLOBAL variant and I'm not sure vendor EU version couldn't be the cause.

Reactions: :s///g

okitavera

Jan 6, 2016
Malang
okitavera.me
The vendor assert is just wrong, please remove it. Currently I tried to follow guides, but mentioned vendors are nowhere to be found. Also the flashing guide was too generic and could not be followed properly.

The vendor assert is right, it because the ROM are meant to be used on top of the Stable vendor to get rid of any unexpected behavior from using Beta vendor.

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
flash twrp-3.3.1-10-Mi9SE.img by redispade using fastboot (this one is required as the other one has broken encryption)
What do you mean by "broken encryption" in other TWRPs? If you previously came from Android 10-based MIUI, yes, currently not supported for most.

The vendor assert is just wrong, please remove it. Currently I tried to follow guides, but mentioned vendors are nowhere to be found.
No. Mentioned vendors: here.

August China developer vendors are known cause issues currently.

I can't send SMS messages. I can receive them though. Has anyone here even tried that nowadays?
Works just fine here.
(see attached screenshot, but ignore the language)

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022-110621_Messaging.png
    Screenshot_20191022-110621_Messaging.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD ROM builds for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus)
    https://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 16.0 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
    The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Flashing Instructions:
    To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed.
    • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    • Install the ROM
    • Install GAPPS package
    • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
    Installing updates:
    • Copy the downloaded update to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Install the update
    • Optionally wipe caches
    • Reboot

Other Links:
    GitHub
    Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official XenonHD 9.0 ROM by TeamHorizon, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
    krasCGQ, dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamHorizon

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI China developer 9.7.4 or July Global stable vendor
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-14
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-18

Created 2019-08-15
    Last Updated 2019-11-16
    [SIZE=+1]Known issues[/SIZE]​
    • Kernel will panic when trying to do audio output with more than 192 kHz sampling rate.
    • There might be some other minor issues that I'm unaware of...
    • LineageOS issues
    [SIZE=+1]Changelogs[/SIZE]​
    03-09-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Allowed vendor version(s) starting this build: China developer 9.7.4, EEA stable V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up September 2, 2019 2:30 AM (UTC+8).
    • Compiled with 1st target variant as ARMv8.2-A.
    • Switched to brightness profile from Pixel 3a.
    • Switched to alternative manual network selection.
    • Set status bar height to 112 pixels on portrait.
    • Enabled WiFi single radio chain scan results.
    • Enabled VoLTE, IMS-VT and VoWiFi regardless of carrier support.
    • Disabled Smart Pixels support.
    • Any other miscellaneous changes.
    • kernel: Updated to Linux 4.9.190 and F2FS v5.3-rc1.
    • kernel: Merged android-4.9 changes up to August 25, 2019 (UTC+8).
    • kernel: Updated audio-kernel changes from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Restored Xiaomi's early display hacks.
    • kernel: Switched to 300 Hz timer interrupt.
    • kernel: Switched to ALMK from android-4.9.
    • kernel: Removed showmem notifier framework.
    • kernel: Slightly debloated from debugging features.

19-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up to August 19, 2019 1:00 PM (UTC+8).
    • Fixed typo in media profiles configuration prop.
    • kernel: Updated DTS, DRM/SDE and touchscreen driver from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Fixed camera service crashes when switching to ultrawide camera sensor due to lack of flash node (broken in grus-p-oss).

18-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Properly fixed fingerprint on display with SELinux enforcing.

15-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Initial public build.
    • Please be noted that in this initial public build, MIUI China developer 9.7.4 vendor is required, as most of system blobs are taken from that firmware. The requirement might change as time progresses.
    • ROM-side support has yet to be merged; they're present on my forks at KudProject org on GitHub in meantime. Now merged with LineageOS.
    Small update is pushed with FOD properly works in SELinux enforcing.

Also, link to 9.7.4 vendor image just in case anyone needs.
    It's extracted from the fastboot image; just decompress it before flashing.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone