[OFFICIAL][9.0.0_r46][ASB_2019-11][grus] XenonHD 9.0 (14-11-2019)

Search This thread

ashus

Feb 4, 2008
Ostrava
ashus.ashus.net
@okitavera
The vendor assert is right, it because the ROM are meant to be used on top of the Stable vendor to get rid of any unexpected behavior from using Beta vendor.
The vendor assert is not needed IMO. It appears there is lot of stuff to break by not following the guide, some break even if guides are followed. And this approach makes people write guides to remove the check spamming the forum even more.
Initially I found and used vendor marked "stable" from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/grus/ .
@krasCGQ
What do you mean by "broken encryption" in other TWRPs?
I used Pixel Experience before. When I switched to Unofficial TWRP 3.3.1-3 [02-08-2019] no data partition decryption PIN was asked of me on TWRP startup and all the data looked like weirdly named folders. I assumed the encryption is broken as mentioned here. Anyways when switching to Android 10 I might be prepared as well.

No. Mentioned vendors: here.
Thank you, can you add the link to opening post please?

SMS... Works just fine here.
I flashed the vendor-V10.3.3.0.PFBMIXM-grus.img from https://dl.kudnet.id/extras/ and dirty flashed XenonHD and Gapps. So now I'm using the recommended vendor and default XenonHD kernel.
Still sending SMS is broken and wifi doesn't connect automatically.
When trying to resend SMS, it takes about half a second and it fails again. I'll try to search for a fix. Thanks for any advice if anyone encountered it. Sending SMS didn't work for me even in Pixel Experience, that was the main reason I looked for another ROM.

Attachments

• sms.png
    sms.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 798
Reactions: Musclepanx

okitavera

Jan 6, 2016
Malang
okitavera.me
@okitavera
The vendor assert is not needed IMO.

Ok, I give you one example; If you flash XenonHD (with vendor verification disabled) on top of 9.8.8-9.9.26 vendor, your speaker will not going to works due to CS35l41 changes on both vendor and kernel side. (unless you flash an okitavera's kernel, which is not something that everyone want to do).

There's so many other things that makes restricting the vendor images to certain version is a must.

ashus

Feb 4, 2008
Ostrava
ashus.ashus.net
@okitavera
OK

@krasCGQ
The problem with SMS is apparently misconfigured SMSC number according to many sources including my phone service operator. The problem is, SMS center configuration is missing in all messaging apps and in settings. There should be a secret menu invoked by typing *#*#4636#*#* into dialer app, but my phone just erases the code and no diagnostics app shows up. Can you confirm?

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
@krasCGQ
The problem with SMS is apparently misconfigured SMSC number according to many sources including my phone service operator. The problem is, SMS center configuration is missing in all messaging apps and in settings. There should be a secret menu invoked by typing *#*#4636#*#* into dialer app, but my phone just erases the code and no diagnostics app shows up. Can you confirm?
It's fine here.

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023-102823_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191023-102823_Settings.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 536

himerz

Feb 6, 2011
Lansing
Hi everyone. Has anyone had issue with boot loops after installing from Pixel experience? I have tried several times to install this ROM but all I get is the Mi logo on start up and then it loops. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ashus

Feb 4, 2008
Ostrava
ashus.ashus.net
SMS problems

I had a problem and I'd like to share a solution for anyone who might have the same problem.

Earlier I tried to enter phone service menu 4636 and it began to work after I entered the code separately to both dialer apps I had installed (LineageOS - builtin and Google phone). If I enter the code to just one, the menu doesn't show up.
After I finally got to the menu, I tried to change SMS center number to something invalid, power off the phone and repeat the process with the correct number as recommended by service provider. Messages still didn't work.
Today I tried to send SMS once again just for the fun of it, to find out if by a chance anything has been fixed by itself. To my surprise the message got through. What changed? I was in area with bad cell network coverage.
I tried to tinker with the Preferred network type toggle and got mixed results (see attached table).
Apparently I have to use LTE/TD-SCDMA to have both fast data and working sending SMS. I hope I'll get service reception everywhere.

Edit: Phone calls didn't work. Now I tried LTE/GSM/TDSCDMA in regular phone settings and turned off improved 4G LTE mode (hidden menu now shows setting as TD-SCDMA/UMTS). Phone calls, SMS, and LTE data work all at the same time.

Attachments

• network-types.png
    network-types.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Verbanaz

May 12, 2019
Hello,
I'm thinking about buying this phone and install this ROM, but I'll like to know if it'll be possible to install microg instead of Gapps. Does it has signature spoofing to install microg easily? Thank you very much!

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
I know that this ROM is based on LineageOS, but it also have the SBC XQ feature?
https://lineageos.org/engineering/Bluetooth-SBC-XQ/
My guess will simply to try yourself with Bluetooth device that can only support SBC.

Could you start working in Android 10 for Grus please?
Not at this moment, no proper time + daily driver.

how to enable network speed indicator in this rom ?
i see it in search settings , but i cant find/enable it under xenonhdhub
Useless, as on LineageOS-based ROMs network speed indicator are placed on the middle of status bar and can't be moved, hence it'll always be hidden under our device's notch.

Reactions: Phyrene and ik4ro

heyjoe66

Mar 15, 2007
I'm getting that issue with fingerprint not working with screen off (green circle not show up).
Shouldn't it be fixed or it's a known bug (not listed in known bugs) ?

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
I'm getting that issue with fingerprint not working with screen off (green circle not show up).
Shouldn't it be fixed or it's a known bug (not listed in known bugs) ?
Due to way the re-implementation works, it's currently only available with always on display turned on.

ashus

Feb 4, 2008
Ostrava
ashus.ashus.net
All things I had problem with using this ROM I got fixed eventually. Even NFC tags work, but even though I add my card to Google Pay, payment terminals just don't respond. Today one terminal responded something like "multiple cards detected".
Has anyone here paid successfully with Google Pay on this ROM?

amns9

Nov 9, 2019
Anyone got gapps to work? What version are you using?

As other mentioned, when I install gapps, nothing appears in XenonHD (can't register account, no google play store), but the flashing succeeds

I tried every workaround I saw (reboot between steps, install EEAGlobal ROM before flashing XenonHD, unmount system, format data/internal storage only) and nothing works. Tried multiple vendors/firmwares and gapps version (20191108, 20191029), tried stock and okitavera kernel, tried both TWRP (redispace and krasCGQ)

It works with the unofficial crDroid

mattday

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone got gapps to work? What version are you using?

As other mentioned, when I install gapps, nothing appears in XenonHD (can't register account, no google play store), but the flashing succeeds

I tried every workaround I saw (reboot between steps, install EEAGlobal ROM before flashing XenonHD, unmount system, format data/internal storage only) and nothing works. Tried multiple vendors/firmwares and gapps version (20191108, 20191029), tried stock and okitavera kernel, tried both TWRP (redispace and krasCGQ)

It works with the unofficial crDroid
I have the same problem, although several people have gapps working. Here are a couple of posts with steps that worked for them:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80620659&postcount=197
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80367465&postcount=171

You don't mention flashing vbmeta, so did you do this step?:

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

The latest version of Minimal ADB and Fastboot is too old to recognise the option --disable-verity, so you have to use the full version for the above.

Reactions: dagdag.ej

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD ROM builds for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus)
    https://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 16.0 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
    The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Flashing Instructions:
    To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed.
    • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    • Install the ROM
    • Install GAPPS package
    • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
    Installing updates:
    • Copy the downloaded update to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Install the update
    • Optionally wipe caches
    • Reboot

Other Links:
    GitHub
    Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official XenonHD 9.0 ROM by TeamHorizon, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
    krasCGQ, dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamHorizon

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI China developer 9.7.4 or July Global stable vendor
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-14
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-18

Created 2019-08-15
    Last Updated 2019-11-16
    [SIZE=+1]Known issues[/SIZE]​
    • Kernel will panic when trying to do audio output with more than 192 kHz sampling rate.
    • There might be some other minor issues that I'm unaware of...
    • LineageOS issues
    [SIZE=+1]Changelogs[/SIZE]​
    03-09-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Allowed vendor version(s) starting this build: China developer 9.7.4, EEA stable V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up September 2, 2019 2:30 AM (UTC+8).
    • Compiled with 1st target variant as ARMv8.2-A.
    • Switched to brightness profile from Pixel 3a.
    • Switched to alternative manual network selection.
    • Set status bar height to 112 pixels on portrait.
    • Enabled WiFi single radio chain scan results.
    • Enabled VoLTE, IMS-VT and VoWiFi regardless of carrier support.
    • Disabled Smart Pixels support.
    • Any other miscellaneous changes.
    • kernel: Updated to Linux 4.9.190 and F2FS v5.3-rc1.
    • kernel: Merged android-4.9 changes up to August 25, 2019 (UTC+8).
    • kernel: Updated audio-kernel changes from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Restored Xiaomi's early display hacks.
    • kernel: Switched to 300 Hz timer interrupt.
    • kernel: Switched to ALMK from android-4.9.
    • kernel: Removed showmem notifier framework.
    • kernel: Slightly debloated from debugging features.

19-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up to August 19, 2019 1:00 PM (UTC+8).
    • Fixed typo in media profiles configuration prop.
    • kernel: Updated DTS, DRM/SDE and touchscreen driver from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Fixed camera service crashes when switching to ultrawide camera sensor due to lack of flash node (broken in grus-p-oss).

18-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Properly fixed fingerprint on display with SELinux enforcing.

15-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Initial public build.
    • Please be noted that in this initial public build, MIUI China developer 9.7.4 vendor is required, as most of system blobs are taken from that firmware. The requirement might change as time progresses.
    • ROM-side support has yet to be merged; they're present on my forks at KudProject org on GitHub in meantime. Now merged with LineageOS.
    Small update is pushed with FOD properly works in SELinux enforcing.

Also, link to 9.7.4 vendor image just in case anyone needs.
    It's extracted from the fastboot image; just decompress it before flashing.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone