- Nov 18, 2017
Ok, I'll try it later. I tested the kernel (boot + dtbo) on MoKee, because the issue seems to be kernel related, and the phone blocked at first incoming call.
Are you sure you're on latest build?Well, I made a clean install and all the issues I detected are still there. So, in increasing order of importance, auto-brightness is still not completely stable, wifi still doesn't auto-connect to saved networks and incoming calls in deep sleep disable phone. Also, I think global performance is worse. So... not good news, sorry.
I use stock kramel, with fingerprint registered, and I didn't have incoming call issues.So, I've got bad and good news.
- Incoming calls issue is not solved, but I found out what's causing it: fingerprint unlock. I tested with several calls, first without any screenlock protection. Then I started adding protection modes (pin, faceunlock and fingerprint) until the phone blocked. It doesn't always block like it used to, but it will end up blocked, if I use this kind of protection. I'm using pin + faceunlock without any blocks until now.
- Wifi still doesn't auto-connect to saved networks. Usually, locking and unlocking the phone solves this.
Now the good ones:
- Auto-brightness is much better. It's stable now.
- Although is somehow conflicting with incoming calls, fingerprint detection is fast and reliable.
- Performance is also better. Actually, I think this ROM is more fluid than ever.
Now, I can finally try Okita Kernel 7.5, see if it gets along with XenonHD.
Oopsie, my bad, after dropping gapps, it happens again.I made a clean install. But I've restored my apps after that. I don't use xposed, I'm not using mods, but I'm doing something I forgot: use stock launcher, see if makes any difference. I was using Nova with (root) double tap to sleep.
---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------
No go. But I will try again. This time without any apps installed, just a clean fresh install.
Yeah, I feel that too on the latest updates, performance done right ?Yes, I made a fresh install. Have nothing installed (not even gapps or magisk) except the rom. Enabled fingerprint and the phone blocked on the first idle incoming call.
---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------
I will stay with this rom, for now, though. It's very fast. I want to see if it's stable too.
I wonder what if you take September 3 build's kernel and use it on latest build...Yes, I made a fresh install. Have nothing installed (not even gapps or magisk) except the rom. Enabled fingerprint and the phone blocked on the first idle incoming call.