[OFFICIAL][9.0.0_r46][ASB_2019-11][grus] XenonHD 9.0 (14-11-2019)

Search This thread

ambinp

Aug 26, 2015
just installed this. looks great and feels fast but i just have one problem. the edges of the UI are jagged and I can see some pixels and on the notch part, I can also see the edge of a virtual cutout in the UI that didn't really fit the actual notch. looks terrible :/

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

⬆ though its not noticeable in darkmode. i hope you can fix it in the future versions :) the corners and the cutout is not smooth if the background is white

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
I use this ROM and really like it.
Only problem: The included camera is veeery basic and uses only the main camera.
Snap Camera with Camera2 API enabled really hates this device. :silly:
MIUI Camera port from MoKee won't work either (simply FCs), so only basic Snap Camera included in ROM.

You can use ANX if you want stock camera feel.

just installed this. looks great and feels fast but i just have one problem. the edges of the UI are jagged and I can see some pixels and on the notch part, I can also see the edge of a virtual cutout in the UI that didn't really fit the actual notch. looks terrible :/

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

⬆ though its not noticeable in darkmode. i hope you can fix it in the future versions :) the corners and the cutout is not smooth if the background is white
Not really "fixable"; Xiaomi uses "smoothen corner" feature that basically shuts off more pixels around notch to make it look like waterdrop.

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
I have one of those screen protectors with dark edges which is designed to perfectly fit into you display but it's actually about 1 mm shorter (I have to tilt the phone to be able to see the first character on terminal emulator). So... cant get smoother than that. :laugh:

ambinp

Aug 26, 2015
Not really "fixable"; Xiaomi uses "smoothen corner" feature that basically shuts off more pixels around notch to make it look like waterdrop.

Thanks. But can you please remove the cutout pattern at the center then? It looks off from the notch. Or make it smaller. Thank you

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
So... about white notifications in dark theme, I've been playing around with Substractum and found out that it can do great things to our amoled display.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190924-094956_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190924-094956_Settings.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 461
  • Screenshot_20190924-095402_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20190924-095402_Google_Play_Store.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 449

gshegosh81

Mar 3, 2009
First impressions

Thank you to all ROM and Kernel developers.

I've installed XenonHD and replaced kernel with Okitavera's version 8.0. I also have Gapps nano, Magisk 19.4 and ANXCamera 148 installed. I've installed it over Global 10.3.4 MIUI, so that's the firmware I have.

Overall this ROM is smooth and works well. I've tried to love MIUI 10 (until Xiaomi let me unlock my phone, I've had to use it for a week) and I mostly did, but bugs related to notifications and setting default apps were show stoppers for me.

Let me list small issues I have in hope that someone can suggest some workarounds:

1. Google Pay seems to work with this Magisk module: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...7-1-22-pie-t3929950/post79643248#post79643248 up to the point of adding the credit card successfully to GPay. But when I've tried to pay with my phone, the card terminal said "unsupported card". Is there any known way around it with unlocked and rooted phone? Fooling around with Magisk Hide Props module only makes things worse - ctsProfile turns red. I guess SafetyNet is taken care of by the kernel already?

2. Always On Display is too bright, especially at night and there doesn't seem to be any way to configure it. I liked color themes in MIUI for AOD, is there a - battery friendly - way to bring them to AOSP-based ROMs? Or an alternative?

3. Google Play Store doesn't list Netflix app at all. It did work on MIUI so I guess this is issue with Play Protect or something. Is there a workaround? I've tried adding "Google" and "Play" things to Magisk Hide list to no avail. For now I've installed Netflix app via ApkPure app store and it works (it's added to Magisk Hide just in case) but this is not ideal.

4. Fingerprint reader is much slower than it was on MIUI though it seems to recognize me better. On MIUI I often had to try 2-3 times before the phone unlocked. Here, I'm almost always recognized but it takes anywhere between 0,5 to 1 second which is long. Especially coming from very quick power-button fingerprint I used to have in Xperia XZ1... Can anything be done about it?

5. WiFi doesn't connect automatically to known networks.

I've read whole this thread and also those for other ROMs but I don't think I've found anything that would help fix these. I'll be glad to do some testing/logcatting if it's needed.

Last edited:

Talkrabb

Jun 16, 2007
Bodensee
www.thaifrau.de
I share gshegosh81 impression on this ROM. Slim and fast. Excellent ROM for daily use!

After a while testing with different configurations I found the optimum for me (190928):
  • Start from EEA stable V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM vendor, German Netzclub SIM
  • minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3_setup.exe
  • twrp-3.3.1-9-Mi9SE.img
  • vbmeta.img
  • XenonHD-190910-Official-grus.zip
  • open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20190913.zip
  • OkitaKernel-8.0-Mi9SE.zip
  • Magisk 19.3 (included in TWRP)
  • ANXCamera_Unity_149.SortOfRemedy_sysover.zip
  • Dyneteve48MPFix_127.BabyishStarchyWaterbuck.zip

The ANX camera, which is most important for me, works reliable but is missing some features* of the stock camera. *None of them is important for me. All other camera apps I tried failed miserable with the ultra-wide- and zoom-camera.

The fingerprint scanner takes a bit longer than with stock ROM but that's not really important.

The Wi-Fi reconnect bug seems to happen only sometimes. In particular after turning Wi-Fi off and on again. Once that bug is fixed I am completely happy.

Reactions: elpaablo

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
Actually, I hadn't noticed that I needed to patch the full version. But there's a considerable difference in 48MP photos after applying the patch.

chinke

Dec 5, 2013
Lifos
Can you please share working ANX and GCam? I went to their web sites but there are a lot of versions, and tried several of them without success. It would be nice if you can share 48MP patch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD ROM builds for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus)
    https://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 16.0 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
    The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Flashing Instructions:
    To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed.
    • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    • Install the ROM
    • Install GAPPS package
    • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
    Installing updates:
    • Copy the downloaded update to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Install the update
    • Optionally wipe caches
    • Reboot

Other Links:
    GitHub
    Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official XenonHD 9.0 ROM by TeamHorizon, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
    krasCGQ, dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamHorizon

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI China developer 9.7.4 or July Global stable vendor
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-14
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-18

Created 2019-08-15
    Last Updated 2019-11-16
    [SIZE=+1]Known issues[/SIZE]​
    • Kernel will panic when trying to do audio output with more than 192 kHz sampling rate.
    • There might be some other minor issues that I'm unaware of...
    • LineageOS issues
    [SIZE=+1]Changelogs[/SIZE]​
    03-09-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Allowed vendor version(s) starting this build: China developer 9.7.4, EEA stable V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up September 2, 2019 2:30 AM (UTC+8).
    • Compiled with 1st target variant as ARMv8.2-A.
    • Switched to brightness profile from Pixel 3a.
    • Switched to alternative manual network selection.
    • Set status bar height to 112 pixels on portrait.
    • Enabled WiFi single radio chain scan results.
    • Enabled VoLTE, IMS-VT and VoWiFi regardless of carrier support.
    • Disabled Smart Pixels support.
    • Any other miscellaneous changes.
    • kernel: Updated to Linux 4.9.190 and F2FS v5.3-rc1.
    • kernel: Merged android-4.9 changes up to August 25, 2019 (UTC+8).
    • kernel: Updated audio-kernel changes from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Restored Xiaomi's early display hacks.
    • kernel: Switched to 300 Hz timer interrupt.
    • kernel: Switched to ALMK from android-4.9.
    • kernel: Removed showmem notifier framework.
    • kernel: Slightly debloated from debugging features.

19-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up to August 19, 2019 1:00 PM (UTC+8).
    • Fixed typo in media profiles configuration prop.
    • kernel: Updated DTS, DRM/SDE and touchscreen driver from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Fixed camera service crashes when switching to ultrawide camera sensor due to lack of flash node (broken in grus-p-oss).

18-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Properly fixed fingerprint on display with SELinux enforcing.

15-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Initial public build.
    • Please be noted that in this initial public build, MIUI China developer 9.7.4 vendor is required, as most of system blobs are taken from that firmware. The requirement might change as time progresses.
    • ROM-side support has yet to be merged; they're present on my forks at KudProject org on GitHub in meantime. Now merged with LineageOS.
    Small update is pushed with FOD properly works in SELinux enforcing.

Also, link to 9.7.4 vendor image just in case anyone needs.
    It's extracted from the fastboot image; just decompress it before flashing.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone