[OFFICIAL][9.0.0_r46][ASB_2019-11][grus] XenonHD 9.0 (14-11-2019)

Search This thread

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
did you try to install before first boot? usually installing after first setup (ROM setup) is more problematic.

Last edited:

amns9

Nov 9, 2019
I have the same problem, although several people have gapps working. Here are a couple of posts with steps that worked for them:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80620659&postcount=197
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80367465&postcount=171

You don't mention flashing vbmeta, so did you do this step?:

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

The latest version of Minimal ADB and Fastboot is too old to recognise the option --disable-verity, so you have to use the full version for the above.

Oh! This worked! Thanks alot :)

I was doing it for crDroid since it doesn't have signature spoofing(?), but not for XenonHD, doing that after flashing everything makes it work

mocarela

Jul 16, 2012
Hi all!
I took this ROM for my first attempt of moving away from STOCK ROM on device running Pie. I'm a kind of an user that mainly needs just basic functionality, so might not be the right person to find obscure bugs.
However, I'm experiencing the following annoyance that makes my use of the phone still acceptable:

automatic wifi connection doesn't work - I always have to manually select the saved network in order to be connected when turning wifi on

Except this everything looks OK. Nevertheless, I have couple of questions:
1. How to disable Quick Settings on Lockscreen?
2. Location settings do not provide selection of mode (accuracy type). I want to opt for GPS only. Am I missing something?
3. When trying to use "Battery saving mode" for Location settings instead of being enabled it turns "Use location" completely off. Is this expected?
4. Couple of people here are talking about having installed MIUI/STOCK camera. How can this be achieved?
5. I have multiple keyboards, but I don't see any keyboard selector notification. I this normal?

Last edited:

ik4ro

Oct 3, 2010
After 1 month, the only bugs found is the compass in maps, normally don't work, and the proximity sensor in calls.

Great work!

Gagbro

Dec 1, 2019
Hello.

my actual Rom is MIUI.EU 11.0.5
Can I flash this rom over it ?

Does this rom have Face Unlock, Fingerprint Unlock and AOD Display with notifications ?

Best Regards

ketogeno

Jul 13, 2012
Can this be safely flashed on MIUI11? Why it's still on Android 9?
  • Please be noted that in this initial public build, MIUI China developer 9.7.4 vendor is required, as most of system blobs are taken from that firmware. The requirement might change as time progresses.
  • ROM-side support has yet to be merged; they're present on my forks at KudProject org on GitHub in meantime. Now merged with LineageOS.

jasle

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks a lot for this almost smooth ROM! But I found a (unknown?) bug, beside that wifi autoconnect does not work:
I am trying to use a yubikey with nfc in OpenKeyChain, but getting an error: "Transceive length exceeds supported maximum". I have found a bug report addressing this issue in LineageOS: gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/issues/576

Would be really great if you could have an look an this issue!

gloeyisk

Jun 17, 2017
Cimahi
Is this ROM no longer supported? The device doesn't show up in the official device list.
It still there, just because Dadi (XenonHD' Lead Developer) admitted that there's no more update especially for Android 10. I've no idea whether Albert will take the maintainership or not for bump these ROM to Android 10 (or he'll switch to other ROMs). We'll see.

Talkrabb

Jun 16, 2007
Bodensee
www.thaifrau.de
It still there, just because Dadi (XenonHD' Lead Developer) admitted that there's no more update especially for Android 10. I've no idea whether Albert will take the maintainership or not for bump these ROM to Android 10 (or he'll switch to other ROMs). We'll see.

krasCGQs last post on xdadevelopers is from 28th November 2019. I guess it's time to move on.
Any recommendation what Grus-ROM is maintained and stable for daily use?

krasCGQ

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Is this ROM no longer supported? The device doesn't show up in the official device list.
Sorry for being inactive on XDA for so long, but unfortunately yes. I've dropped XenonHD for all my supported devices since it has been concluded that 9.0 will be last XenonHD version available.

Feel free to switch to my custom LineageOS builds (available on my download site) or use any other supported ROMs available on XDA.

It's not the end, as something will come sooner or later...

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Reactions: Cosmox_ and secosan

secosan

Mar 1, 2008
Bucharest
www.catalinsecosan.ro
Sorry for being inactive on XDA for so long, but unfortunately yes. I've dropped XenonHD for all my supported devices since it has been concluded that 9.0 will be last XenonHD version available.

Feel free to switch to my custom LineageOS builds (available on my download site) or use any other supported ROMs available on XDA.

It's not the end, as something will come sooner or later...

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Thank you for the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD ROM builds for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus)
    https://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 16.0 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
    The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Flashing Instructions:
    To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed.
    • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    • Install the ROM
    • Install GAPPS package
    • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
    Installing updates:
    • Copy the downloaded update to your phone.
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Back up your ROM
    • Install the update
    • Optionally wipe caches
    • Reboot

Other Links:
    GitHub
    Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official XenonHD 9.0 ROM by TeamHorizon, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
    krasCGQ, dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamHorizon

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI China developer 9.7.4 or July Global stable vendor
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-14
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-18

Created 2019-08-15
    Last Updated 2019-11-16
    [SIZE=+1]Known issues[/SIZE]​
    • Kernel will panic when trying to do audio output with more than 192 kHz sampling rate.
    • There might be some other minor issues that I'm unaware of...
    • LineageOS issues
    [SIZE=+1]Changelogs[/SIZE]​
    03-09-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Allowed vendor version(s) starting this build: China developer 9.7.4, EEA stable V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up September 2, 2019 2:30 AM (UTC+8).
    • Compiled with 1st target variant as ARMv8.2-A.
    • Switched to brightness profile from Pixel 3a.
    • Switched to alternative manual network selection.
    • Set status bar height to 112 pixels on portrait.
    • Enabled WiFi single radio chain scan results.
    • Enabled VoLTE, IMS-VT and VoWiFi regardless of carrier support.
    • Disabled Smart Pixels support.
    • Any other miscellaneous changes.
    • kernel: Updated to Linux 4.9.190 and F2FS v5.3-rc1.
    • kernel: Merged android-4.9 changes up to August 25, 2019 (UTC+8).
    • kernel: Updated audio-kernel changes from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Restored Xiaomi's early display hacks.
    • kernel: Switched to 300 Hz timer interrupt.
    • kernel: Switched to ALMK from android-4.9.
    • kernel: Removed showmem notifier framework.
    • kernel: Slightly debloated from debugging features.

19-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Official
    • Synced with XenonHD and LineageOS changes up to August 19, 2019 1:00 PM (UTC+8).
    • Fixed typo in media profiles configuration prop.
    • kernel: Updated DTS, DRM/SDE and touchscreen driver from pyxis-p-oss branch.
    • kernel: Fixed camera service crashes when switching to ultrawide camera sensor due to lack of flash node (broken in grus-p-oss).

18-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Properly fixed fingerprint on display with SELinux enforcing.

15-08-2019 (UTC+8) – Experimental
    • Initial public build.
    • Please be noted that in this initial public build, MIUI China developer 9.7.4 vendor is required, as most of system blobs are taken from that firmware. The requirement might change as time progresses.
    • ROM-side support has yet to be merged; they're present on my forks at KudProject org on GitHub in meantime. Now merged with LineageOS.
    Small update is pushed with FOD properly works in SELinux enforcing.

Also, link to 9.7.4 vendor image just in case anyone needs.
    It's extracted from the fastboot image; just decompress it before flashing.