Development [OFFICIAL] [A13] [sake] LineageOS 20.0

Search This thread
May 29, 2021
check my last reply for more details on this.
Please help
Screenshot_20230609-032544664.png

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Also i can't unlock bootloader, in Device unlock tool app there is error 24803, what can i do?
Is there OTA-updates, or only manual update?

OTA updates are available and they'll be pushed automatically to the Lineage Updater app each time a new build comes out, and then you can choose if you want to install it or not.

About the bootloader unlock, I'm pretty sure that Asus servers are having issues right now, both for zenfone 8 and 9, so you can only wait, there aren't other solutions I know of.

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Any one else having an issue with MMS on USA Tmobile? When I try to send an MMS the entire network stack crashes and resets for a second. Message never sends. APN settings look good compared to what I can find online. Not sure whats going on here..
I don't live in the US, so can't really test that. But I just pushed a change that should supposedly fix it, it'll be in next week's build, so once it's out let me know if it works fine.

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Hello, is it possible to make Asus camera work like in StatiXOS and OmniROM?
Like @ micky387 posted a hack for this, so maybe it could work on LOS?
For sure I'm not going to do it officially in Lineage since I'm pretty sure Lineage itself doesn't allow it. If someone makes it work as a normal user app that you can install, or as a magisk module, then you're definitely free to use it. But it won't be shipping by default in lineage for sure.

Reactions: sirozan

nirolan

May 22, 2023
Hey everyone, there's some new cool features coming to lineage that I also just saw asked in the previous questions here.
Starting from today's build (2023-06-09), there's a brand new switch to toggle or untoggle fast charging, so that you can now force slower charging on customs, just like on stock. This forces the charging to be limited to 10w (often it's around 8W and it goes lower towards the last 15% of charging).

Other than that, the other big feature, still charging related, is the charging control HAL being added, props to the whole LineageOS team. That unfortunately will only be available from next week's build since it wasn't merged soon enough to be in today's.
Check the pictures attached for more details about the various modalities.

Also, now the screen on charging reduction should work consistently when fast charging is enabled, limiting screen on charge to 8/9W just like stock (mostly) does.

Enjoy :)
Thank you @DD3Boh . This is amazing. 🎆

darkreaper476

Jun 24, 2010
I don't live in the US, so can't really test that. But I just pushed a change that should supposedly fix it, it'll be in next week's build, so once it's out let me know if it works fine.
Thanks for the reply! I ended up trying to reflash and soft bricked for about a day. Found my way back to stock then reflashed again. MMS is now working.
I do still run into some issues with the system completely ignoring settings like "prevent accidental wake-up" though. Even on LOS 19 I had this issue. Phone will unlock at the slightest touch of the screen if that super light button is pressed in my pocket.... ends up going nuts in my pocket until I happen to feel some haptics and pull it out to re lock it. Ya, I know a pin, pattern, or bio will prevent this but the fingerprint reader doesnt work with my glass screen protector. lol

Also Fantastic news with the battery stuff!!! Great work! THANKS!

Meepaco

Apr 3, 2019
Owo you're the best senpai-daddy-DD3Boh-sir niiiiice plz step on me uwu rawr!
Hey everyone, there's some new cool features coming to lineage that I also just saw asked in the previous questions here.
Starting from today's build (2023-06-09), there's a brand new switch to toggle or untoggle fast charging, so that you can now force slower charging on customs, just like on stock. This forces the charging to be limited to 10w (often it's around 8W and it goes lower towards the last 15% of charging).

Other than that, the other big feature, still charging related, is the charging control HAL being added, props to the whole LineageOS team. That unfortunately will only be available from next week's build since it wasn't merged soon enough to be in today's.

Also, now the screen on charging reduction should work consistently when fast charging is enabled, limiting screen on charge to 8/9W just like stock (mostly) does.

pjk11

Mar 21, 2015
Thanks for the reply! I ended up trying to reflash and soft bricked for about a day. Found my way back to stock then reflashed again. MMS is now working.
I do still run into some issues with the system completely ignoring settings like "prevent accidental wake-up" though. Even on LOS 19 I had this issue. Phone will unlock at the slightest touch of the screen if that super light button is pressed in my pocket.... ends up going nuts in my pocket until I happen to feel some haptics and pull it out to re lock it. Ya, I know a pin, pattern, or bio will prevent this but the fingerprint reader doesnt work with my glass screen protector. lol

Also Fantastic news with the battery stuff!!! Great work! THANKS!
How to reflash stock A13?
Thanks

kolakd

May 20, 2023
For sure I'm not going to do it officially in Lineage since I'm pretty sure Lineage itself doesn't allow it. If someone makes it work as a normal user app that you can install, or as a magisk module, then you're definitely free to use it. But it won't be shipping by default in lineage for sure.
Ok got it, thank you for answer and for new charging feature!
Also maybe someone know a good way to change quick settings icons like in stock from large pills to small circles like it was pre a12?
AOSP mods and Themer like apps do something like that, but its actually way worse that stock option :<

toejam119

Bug: call audio volume level is really loud in ear speaker, as loud as the speaker phone.

I have to lower the ear speaker call audio volume to minimum and it is still too loud, I have to keep the phone away from my ear while I make calls. I tested that I enabled speaker phone while on call and the audio level seems to be same or around the same between ear speaker and phone speaker volume level, only the audio quality seems to differ a bit if you're on ear speaker or speaker phone.

Before the test I did a clean installation: I first installed stock Android 12, then upgraded to stock Android 13 (UL-ASUS_I006D-ASUS-33.0210.0210.296-1.1.26-2305-user.zip), then installed LineageOS 20 exactly as instructed in the official installation guide.

Also when the phone call ends the end call audio sound is super loud like it's coming from speaker rather than the ear speaker, same with notification sounds if they come while on call. Feels like your eardrum is about to explode. Though I remember the notification sounds coming from speaker while in ear speaker call on LineageOS 19.1 also.

Is there a bug in the mixer_paths file or is the current file incompatible with ZenFone 8?

This bug was not present in official LineageOS 19.1.

I included logcat when I made a test call to my test phone. Call begins around 09:25:32 and ends around 09:25:54.

edit: LineageOS 20.0 rom file is lineage-20.0-20230616-nightly-sake-signed.zip

Attachments

• logcat (sake, from adb) when making a phone call in LineageOS 20.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: IDariuz

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
Warning: this weeks weekly did not boot for me. After pressing reboot in the updater it restarted and showed a warning that it wasn't able to boot. It says retry or do a system reset. You don't have to do that though. Just go into the recovery and fastbootd and then issue a
Code:
fastboot set_active other
And it'll boot the last version just fine...

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
Warning: this weeks weekly did not boot for me. After pressing reboot in the updater it restarted and showed a warning that it wasn't able to boot. It says retry or do a system reset. You don't have to do that though. Just go into the recovery and fastbootd and then issue a
Code:
same Problem for me!

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Code:
I didn't know about this issue, but it could be because ZVNexus fixed the vendor security patches and regressed them (right now the version was wrong, too much forward), and that could've hit the antirollback. So supposedly if you changed the active slot you booted into the older Lineage version you had installed before?

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
I didn't know about this issue, but it could be because ZVNexus fixed the vendor security patches and regressed them (right now the version was wrong, too much forward), and that could've hit the antirollback. So supposedly if you changed the active slot you booted into the older Lineage version you had installed before?
Yes, exactly
Yes, exactly

Kyong

Aug 19, 2008
I have already installed it and changing active slot doesn't fix the problem. It just keep saying 'start' and won't boot. Will upgrading the new nightly via ADB sideload work?

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
I have already installed it and changing active slot doesn't fix the problem. It just keep saying 'start' and won't boot. Will upgrading the new nightly via ADB sideload work?
I think downgrading to last weeks nightly should work too. But it's strange that changing slots had no effect. Maybe some data is corrupted?

Kyong

Aug 19, 2008
I already tried downgrading but it said that it is SPL downgrade and denied to install it.

```
Installing update...
ERROR: recovery: Current SPL: 2023-06-05 Target SPL: 2023-05-05 this is considered a downgrade
ERROR: recovery: Denying OTA because it's SPL downgrade
```

I think downgrading to last weeks nightly should work too. But it's strange that changing slots had no effect. Maybe some data is corrupted?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    Checkout the lineage website for full installing instructions: here

Downloads:

Notes:
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0 and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources:

Thank you!

One note: it says android 10 in the thread
    One question: How is Widevine and google wallet working on the phone when it's not rooted?

Cheers and thank you!
    Fixed the thread for the android 10 thing.

About safetynet/play integrity API, LineageOS doesn't allow supporting workarounds or hacks to make it pass on it. You can still pass it using magisk and some modules to override the device's properties.

I could have released a ih8sn package to change properties on bootup so that the safetynet passes by default, but due to one specific vendor blob in our display stack (taken from stock), all the display color changes would break if properties don't match stock (such as night light or livedisplay).
    In the future I might figure out how to fix this and release a ih8sn flashable or just make an unofficial build with safetynet workarounds in place. But for now that isn't the case.

Tldr: official LineageOS builds don't pass safetynet by default, you can make it pass with magisk. Once safetynet passes the L1 DRM certification is present.
    I've been told that the latest LineageOS 20.0 build has had issues with Google Services. The build has been removed and a new one that should work properly is on the way.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    @DD3Boh
    Thank you very much for the effort and development.

I want to report an error with the "double tap to wake" it is intermittent, on occasions it reacts or stops working, in addition to the fact that it takes approximately two seconds to react after the screen turns off, I attach evidence and the log.

greetings.
    I've just been told that the same happened on Lineage 19.1, I'll look into it when I can.