• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][a3xelte][SM-A310F]Lineage OS 17.1 for A3 2016

Search This thread

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Ok that seems to me a little weird, but, aren't there the options to set up PIN or pattern for the screen lock?
im only having Swipe and of course it not very convenient for us to have everyone unlocking our phone , haha.
I have installed Nova 7 launcher and i had a look there too in case it messes with lineage settings but i dont think i can find anything related to this there either.
Try the security settings.

It is a basic feature.

Regards,
Danny

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
i know..this is where it has always been. But .. Settings -> Security -> under Device Security there is "Screen Lock" -> None or Swipe are the only options. Nothing else.
:|
I'm not sure what your have done to your device but I have a screen lock in my A3.

Try a clean install and make sure you format the data partition (backup your data first).

Kind regards,
Danny

Reactions: afterglow

exzemat

Sep 16, 2013
Install Magisk and use hide for those Apps. Ironically my banking apps only work with Magisk installed 😜
Hello,
to be clear, is it your banking apps to control banking account or banking app to pay with NFC ?
Because no way to use paylib by CreditAgricole (franch bank) with this rom...

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Hello,
to be clear, is it your banking apps to control banking account or banking app to pay with NFC ?
Because no way to use paylib by CreditAgricole (franch bank) with this rom...
My banking app to control my account won't work without Magisk hide enabled (and all hide settings enabled for the app).

You also need to enable Magisk hide before you run it for the first time.

Good luck,
Danny

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
No.

The kernel in LineageOS is heavily optimised, you really don't need or want to mess with any of them internals.

Kind regards,
Danny
I wouldnt say that LineageOS is "heavily" optimized. If you take a look at the performance of ExOS ROM, then you clearly see a huge difference. Also the battery drain is much better under ExOS.
The only negative aspect of ExOS is that it was sadly abondomned.

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
Problem in the latest build:
After I downloaded and flashed the latest build, my Pixel Launcher got bricked and now force closes itself.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
I wouldnt say that LineageOS is "heavily" optimized. If you take a look at the performance of ExOS ROM, then you clearly see a huge difference. Also the battery drain is much better under ExOS.
The only negative aspect of ExOS is that it was sadly abondomned.
The kernel is heavily optimised (which was the original users question) and LineageOS is very light (no real bloat on top of AOSP). LineageOS 18.1 still runs quicker and smoother than stock. But hey you of course know best with some crappy piece of abandon-ware.
Problem in the latest build:
After I downloaded and flashed the latest build, my Pixel Launcher got bricked and now force closes itself.
Pixel Launcher requires hardware features that do not exist on these devices (I think it needs AOD or something).

I would guess that if your device is running slow and has high battery drain it is because you are using a bloated Gapps package and are running out of physical memory. Stick with OpenGapps Pico/Nano and you will have the best experience.

Kind regards,
Danny

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
The kernel is heavily optimised (which was the original users question) and LineageOS is very light (no real bloat on top of AOSP). LineageOS 18.1 still runs quicker and smoother than stock. But hey you of course know best with some crappy piece of abandon-ware.
Wow wow dude, whats your problem? Fact is ExOS runs thousand times faster than LineageOS - just try it if you dont belive me. That this rom (ExOS) was abondomned is an very other thing - thats why I said that its sad to see a performance ROM like ExOS got abondomned.
And yes, LineageOS is faster than the stock ROM of the A3 16 but ExOS is still faster.

And sorry if it sounds for you that I dont appreciate your work for the A3. Thank you for the updates and your work bud.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Wow wow dude, whats your problem? Fact is ExOS runs thousand times faster than LineageOS - just try it if you dont belive me. That this rom (ExOS) was abondomned is an very other thing - thats why I said that its sad to see a performance ROM like ExOS got abondomned.
And yes, LineageOS is faster than the stock ROM of the A3 16 but ExOS is still faster.
I don't have a problem, you picked on a comment I made about the kernel. I simply responded to correct you.

You are also comparing apples and oranges. Your beloved ExOS is based on stock Nougat (7.1), LineageOS 18.1 is based on AOSP Android R (11). With the additional features and security it will have a larger memory footprint, if you bolt on a stupid bloated gapps package with pixel launcher then you will slow the device down (your ExOS doesn't appear to have pixel launcher either).

Usually people who have performance issues are using the largest Gapps package they can find, these devices are 5/6 years old and have limited RAM. Do not fill it with bloated gapps.

Regards,
Danny

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
Some strange things going on here.
I updatet to the latest build and like I mentioned above, my Pixel Launcher stops working. So **** that I thought and did a full wipe and installed the latest build on my full wiped phone. Now my phone is saying that there arent google play services installed on it (This time I installed GApps Nano and also tried now "Micro", which I had installed before but still the same problem).
What could it be?
Is there something that I missed?
I will try it with the aroma package now and then make a short edit.
EDIT:
The latest Open GApps package is the problem here. I downloaded the 20211008 one and it worked!

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Some strange things going on here.
I updatet to the latest build and like I mentioned above, my Pixel Launcher stops working. So **** that I thought and did a full wipe and installed the latest build on my full wiped phone. Now my phone is saying that there arent google play services installed on it (This time I installed GApps Nano and also tried now "Micro", which I had installed before but still the same problem).
What could it be?
Is there something that I missed?
I will try it with the aroma package now and then make a short edit.
Full wipe also includes factory reset or formatting data. Then you flash lineageOS and gapps android 10 arm in one recovery session.

Reactions: Suakey

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
Full wipe also includes factory reset or formatting data. Then you flash lineageOS and gapps android 10 arm in one recovery session.
Thx for your reply but just like I said above, I wiped Dalvik, Cache, System but it didnt work for any reason.
Now I tried to install from internal storage and this also didnt work. The phone still says that google play services are missing.

• Angry
Reactions: kurtn

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Thx for your reply but just like I said above, I wiped Dalvik, Cache, System but it didnt work for any reason.
Now I tried to install from internal storage and this also didnt work. The phone still says that google play services are missing.
You need to wipe data, cache, system. (If coming from a stock based ROM you actually need to format data). Then install ROM and gapps in that order without booting in between.

I suspect you are trying to install gapps after booting (or not wiping the data partition).

Regards,
Danny

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The port for the Exynos7580 based devices was created by @Stricted and I along with many contributions from other people in the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works
    Calls, SMS, Mobile Data
    Camera
    NFC
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Torch
    Sensors
    GPS
    SELinux Enforcing
    HWC​
    What doesn't work
    IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
    WiFi tether (hotspot) not functional (fixed in 21/01/2020 release)
    HD headsets in call not working (fixed in 21/01/2020 release)
    NFC HCE (GooglePay etc) fixed in 07/03/2020 release
    You tell me!
    There are still quite a few features that are not yet completed for LineageOS 17.1, these are not bugs this is a beta release.
    Any hardware related issues will be ignored if you do not provide:
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Installation
    Install the latest TWRP (Available Here)
    Make a full backup (just in case something goes wrong)
    Do a full wipe (Cache, Data, System)
    If this is your first time on a LineageOS ROM format data
    Download the latest LOS build and transfer it to your phone
    Install LOS
    If you are installing GApps do it at the same time (preferably in the same install queue)
    And finally boot, the first boot can take several minutes as it optimises all the apps
    Do NOT install the TWRP app when prompted, this will cause a bootloop
    Downloads
    Latest official releases HERE
    Latest unofficial releases HERE
    OpenGapps HERE
    Flashable recoveries: HERE
    TWRP is availableHERE
    Magisk is available HERE
    Thanks
    @Stricted
    @l-0-w
    @sekil
    @alexax66
    @macs18max (BT call audio fix)
    @Borduni
    All the testers on the Discord group (https://discord.gg/8fp9cr7)
    And all others who have contributed to the Exynos projects past and present
    A special thanks to my donors
    Markus Anders
    @D4ND310
    @epicwilmo
    @tyson
    @thebinf
    @Herti
    @pixelou
    @xavier66
    And any that I missed :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1 for A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
    danwood76, stricted
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-01-17
    Last Updated 2020-05-29​
    To update to the new official builds I have updated my migration zip with the new keys for official 17.1.

It is available here (obviously use the 17.1 version):
    https://mega.nz/folder/rUxWBKQT#0j0324DVoZi62fT7mpwHlw

I would advise you to use the lineage recovery if you do not use the extra features of TWRP as it is more up to date.

Regards,
    Danny
    New update uploaded which enables the new HIDL power HAL, more power saving modes are now available (thanks @Stricted).

Code:
    Changes in the 16/02/2020 release:
    [INDENT]-Switched to new HIDL power HAL
    -Synced to latest LOS (including February security patch)
    [/INDENT]

Regards,
    Danny
    Hi,

New update just uploaded:

Code:
    Changes in the 12/03/2020 release:
    [INDENT]-Added mounting of ext4 formatted SD cards
    -Synced to latest LOS (including March security patch)
    [/INDENT]

Regards,
    Danny
    New release just uploaded!

Code:
    Changes in the 21/01/2020 release:
    [INDENT]- WBS BT calling is fixed
    - WiFi hotspot fixed
    LOS Updates including:
    - Ambient display settings now visible
    - System profiles
    - Dark mode fixes