[OFFICIAL][a7xelte][SM-A710F]Lineage OS 17.1 for A7 2016

Search This thread

EypCnn

Nov 1, 2015
Ankara
If you have usb plugged in there should be a notification. If not you have a bad lead or socket.

I tried it with the original Samsung, Lenovo and Xiaomi cable, but it didn't happen, so the notification doesn't come, this problem was seen not only in me, but also in other people.

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Thanks for the rom but as far as I can see some friends and me the usb is not working. When we plug the USB into the computer, it is only charging and the USB configuration does not work. Do you have a fix for this or will you publish a new update?

MTP works fine here.

I tried it with the original Samsung, Lenovo and Xiaomi cable, but it didn't happen, so the notification doesn't come, this problem was seen not only in me, but also in other people.

Sounds like a you problem :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201019-235832_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20201019-235832_Trebuchet.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20201019-235900_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20201019-235900_Settings.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 96

fidaj

Mar 15, 2020
This device contains a 64 bit processor?
Is it possible to compile this firmware so that it does not work in 32-bit mode - but in 64-bit?
Thanks.

Hnojohn

May 16, 2020
Is there anyway to make a Los kernel cuz A7 2016 ROMs works and booted up on my device j7 16 SMj7108 the only issue is the touch won't work cuz of kernel not compatible on my device but on other A7 16 SE roms work perfectly in my device by just changing the kernel....

Hnojohn

May 16, 2020
Samsung Experience != AOSP/LineageOS

I even tried flashing This a7 2016 Lineage rom by changing some on updater script, after that flash and boot up works, but touch not work cuz of this uncompatible kernel. i wonder if i can make a Lineage kernel so i can fully port this to my device smj7108..

a710fd

Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for your great job experience is buttery smooth but I faced two problems
1-device charges much faster than the stock rom and that causes it to heat up (used accubattery to monitor charging speeds 800-1300 mAh on average in stock. And 2300 on average in LOS17.1) is there any way to make it a bit slower to preserve the battery from the heat?
2-sound volumes tend to be lower than the stock rom
If these 2 problems were solved, hands down it's the best rom ever

Floehelis

Dec 5, 2020
Everything so far seems to be working. Samsung soft-keys work too.
But I've encountered a couple of problems.
1. The android setup wizard keeps crashing before finishing, but i guess that could be a g-apps issue
2. The messaging app's "Pop on screen" or notification banner setting seems to have been turned off and disabled/grayed out.

SM-A710FD

syedriyaz18

Mar 3, 2013
Hi, When I tried to update LOS from previous nightly to latest from settings, it downloaded and when restarted it says custom binary blocked from FRP lock.

Please have a note at it and let know so that we can directly update from settings.

Thank you.

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Hi, When I tried to update LOS from previous nightly to latest from settings, it downloaded and when restarted it says custom binary blocked from FRP lock.

Please have a note at it and let know so that we can directly update from settings.

Thank you.
I am not sure how something like that could happen. I have been updating using the updater app ever since we went official and none of em have triggered FRP. Try clean flashing the latest update and then let me know how an update from that, goes.

Thanks for trying out.

Everything so far seems to be working. Samsung soft-keys work too.
But I've encountered a couple of problems.
1. The android setup wizard keeps crashing before finishing, but i guess that could be a g-apps issue
2. The messaging app's "Pop on screen" or notification banner setting seems to have been turned off and disabled/grayed out.

SM-A710FD
Try using Google Messages from the Play Store. Make sure you change your default SMS app to Google Messages after disabling Lineage Messaging app. About the setup wizard crash, I haven't faced it personally, and yes it is very much an openGApps issue there is nothing I can do about it.

Will this work for SM-A710Y/DS?
It should.

Thanks for your great job experience is buttery smooth but I faced two problems
1-device charges much faster than the stock rom and that causes it to heat up (used accubattery to monitor charging speeds 800-1300 mAh on average in stock. And 2300 on average in LOS17.1) is there any way to make it a bit slower to preserve the battery from the heat?
2-sound volumes tend to be lower than the stock rom
If these 2 problems were solved, hands down it's the best rom ever
The only way to charge slowly would be to use a less wattage adapter. You cannot change any current values on the device, yourself. I can probably look into the low volume issue.

Thank you for using this ☺

impasta

Jan 22, 2017
A short review.

This really does work on SM-A710Y/DS, Awesome! No show stopping problems, here.
I've been using this for about half a month right now. I'd say, this is the best build I used ever since.
Everything from the cell radio, video playback at 720p 60fps, camera, to the sensors and such are working as expected.

But, I do have a couple of nitpicks:
  1. Miracast doesn't work so no screen casting or WFD. Google seem to have removed the support in AOSP.
  2. Volume steps is at 15 (I'd liked it better at 25 or 30)
    If you ever change this, please also change the high volume warning too. They seem to be independent values.
  3. When using unprovisioned/deactivated SIM card on SIM2 slot and a valid/provisioned sim on SIM1 slot,
    The system will only see 1 SIM even though the SIM2 is recognized in the RIL level.
  4. Cannot export contacts to SIM card.
  5. MTP does not work with ADB.
  6. WiFi MAC address randomization is missing :(

Reader's discretion is advised when reading the text below.
This were my short review gets a bit technical.
I'm sorry if the resulting tone becomes too overbearing. I'm not a developer/programmer anyways.
Also, I'm not trying to be arrogant in anyway but instead I'm thankful for the people who made this LOS build possible (and free).

With that out of the way, I have some minor problems:
  1. Using Samsung's original charger causes the phone to heat up and the current can shoot more than 2 Amps.
    This does not happen when NOT using a fast charging adapter or when the battery is above 70%.
    However, this can be adjusted in two ways, both requiring to change the device-tree files
    • The charger limits the current automatically when the battery is about 41 degrees Celsius.
      The current it limits to is in the device tree (under the swelling_high_temp_current value).
      This is, IIRC, at 1.4 Amps
    • Although it is more risky, you could also change the current tables: fast_charging_current and input_current_limit
      I didn't try this out since the last thing I want this Christmas is to have a broken battery.
    • Change when the charger limits the current(using the swelling_high_temp_block and swelling_high_temp_recov)
      I used this approach along with (a).
      I made it so to limit the current to 0.8 Amps upon reaching 38 C and restart fast charging when the battery cools down to 35 C.
  2. When I was trying to charge the phone while it is off, I get this confusing battery animation.
    As always, I cannot tell how much of the battery has charged or if it is fast charging or not.
    I also find it difficult to reboot from this mode (or it's just the power button acting up.)
    I miss the LPM binary from Samsung which I believe is not possible to include since its a proprietary blob.
    But, if it's not the case then it is quite possible to include this to the Lineage OS 17.1 build. It needs:
    1. Find a way to remove or to effectively disable the default 'charger' binary.
      BOARD_CHARGER_NO_UI can disable the battery animation.
    2. Create a init script to launch the lpm binary on charger mode
    3. Import the lpm and its dependencies (libmaet.so and libsxqk_skia.so), and the *.spi file from /system/media.
    4. Write the appropriate sepolicy for the lpm binary.
  3. The sound is comparably softer than the stock rom.
    This could be because Samsung uses their soundalive technology (or library) to do some dynamic loudness enhancement.

Okay, to a possible workaround without soundalive.
    I haven't tried any of these since I usually use headset and I'm quite contented.
    A pair of good headset will make a difference. Teehee :)
    • Use some audio mod (viper4android or something)
    • Play around with the amplifier library.
    • Find a way to tweak some parameter that you can see when you run 'tinymix' in the root shell.
      Usually, the audio HAL sets these parameters automatically.
      You could try to play with these parameters when playing some thing to see:
      • which parameters affect the perceived loudness
      • how much value you can change before the sound becomes distorted
  4. Has anyone tested connecting through a WiFi 5 network (the one with 5GHz)?
    This device supports this but the overlay files said that it does not.
    config_wifi_dual_band_support is set to false.
    I haven't tested this out yet, if setting this to either false or true makes a difference in supporting 5GHz.
    The code seems to show that this flag is not being used at all.
  5. For some reason, when the powersaving mode has been enabled and disabled, the maximum cpu clocks stays at 900MHz.
    • When switching to Power Save, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq is set to 900Mhz
    • Then switching to Balanced, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq is still at 900Mhz
    • Finally, when switching to Performance, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq is now restored back to 1.6Ghz

baabafadil

Jun 21, 2015
Kampaa
www.baabafadil.blogspot.com
2okPze5.png

Introduction

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The port for the Exynos7580 based devices was created by @Stricted and I along with many contributions from other people in the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works
Calls, SMS, Mobile Data​
Camera​
NFC​
WiFi​
Bluetooth​
Torch​
Sensors​
GPS​
HWC​
What doesn't work
IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.​
You tell me!​

Known Issues
If you are running the latest update and are not able to enroll a fingerprint you may need to clear the fingerprint data using this zip (flashable in TWRP): https://mega.nz/#!6YZV2QTY!hOYYwrbkTPfThUIJUffOEQWMosdCxeqy_7JdGpYp3AA

There are still quite a few features that are not yet completed for LineageOS 17.1, these are not bugs this is a beta release.
Any hardware related issues will be ignored if you do not provide:
a) Logcat
b) proc/last_kmsg
c) data/tombstones
d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Installation
Install the latest TWRP (Available Here)​
Make a full backup (just in case something goes wrong)​
Do a full wipe (Cache, Data, System)​
If this is your first time on a LineageOS ROM format data​
Download the latest LOS build and transfer it to your phone​
Install LOS​
If you are installing GApps do it at the same time (preferably in the same install queue)​
And finally boot, the first boot can take several minutes as it optimizes all the apps​
Do NOT install the TWRP app when prompted, this will cause a bootloop
Downloads
Latest Official releases HERE
OpenGapps HERE(ARM, 10, nano)
TWRP is availableHERE
Magisk is available HERE
Thanks
@l-0-w​
@sekil
@macs18max (BT call audio fix)​
All the testers on the Discord group (https://discord.gg/8fp9cr7)​
And all others who have contributed to the Exynos projects past and present.​

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 17.1 for A7 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
Androbots, danwood76, Stricted
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7580

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock.
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Update frequency: Every week (Nightlies)
Current Stable Version: 17.1
Current Beta Version: 18.0

Created 2020-04-24

Hello & thanks for the great work of reviving our old A7 2016.
Concerning the new releases, i found some Lineage recovery files on the page & am wondering whether its like the other custom recovery imgs like Twrp, so if that is true, that means it replaces the Twrp.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 23

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
A short review.

This really does work on SM-A710Y/DS, Awesome! No show stopping problems, here.
I've been using this for about half a month right now. I'd say, this is the best build I used ever since.
Everything from the cell radio, video playback at 720p 60fps, camera, to the sensors and such are working as expected.

But, I do have a couple of nitpicks:
  1. Miracast doesn't work so no screen casting or WFD. Google seem to have removed the support in AOSP.
  2. Volume steps is at 15 (I'd liked it better at 25 or 30)
    If you ever change this, please also change the high volume warning too. They seem to be independent values.
  3. When using unprovisioned/deactivated SIM card on SIM2 slot and a valid/provisioned sim on SIM1 slot,
    The system will only see 1 SIM even though the SIM2 is recognized in the RIL level.
  4. Cannot export contacts to SIM card.
  5. MTP does not work with ADB.
  6. WiFi MAC address randomization is missing :(

Reader's discretion is advised when reading the text below.
This were my short review gets a bit technical.
I'm sorry if the resulting tone becomes too overbearing. I'm not a developer/programmer anyways.
Also, I'm not trying to be arrogant in anyway but instead I'm thankful for the people who made this LOS build possible (and free).

With that out of the way, I have some minor problems:
  1. Using Samsung's original charger causes the phone to heat up and the current can shoot more than 2 Amps.
    This does not happen when NOT using a fast charging adapter or when the battery is above 70%.
    However, this can be adjusted in two ways, both requiring to change the device-tree files
    • The charger limits the current automatically when the battery is about 41 degrees Celsius.
      The current it limits to is in the device tree (under the swelling_high_temp_current value).
      This is, IIRC, at 1.4 Amps
    • Although it is more risky, you could also change the current tables: fast_charging_current and input_current_limit
      I didn't try this out since the last thing I want this Christmas is to have a broken battery.
    • Change when the charger limits the current(using the swelling_high_temp_block and swelling_high_temp_recov)
      I used this approach along with (a).
      I made it so to limit the current to 0.8 Amps upon reaching 38 C and restart fast charging when the battery cools down to 35 C.
  2. When I was trying to charge the phone while it is off, I get this confusing battery animation.
    As always, I cannot tell how much of the battery has charged or if it is fast charging or not.
    I also find it difficult to reboot from this mode (or it's just the power button acting up.)
    I miss the LPM binary from Samsung which I believe is not possible to include since its a proprietary blob.
    But, if it's not the case then it is quite possible to include this to the Lineage OS 17.1 build. It needs:
    1. Find a way to remove or to effectively disable the default 'charger' binary.
      BOARD_CHARGER_NO_UI can disable the battery animation.
    2. Create a init script to launch the lpm binary on charger mode
    3. Import the lpm and its dependencies (libmaet.so and libsxqk_skia.so), and the *.spi file from /system/media.
    4. Write the appropriate sepolicy for the lpm binary.
  3. The sound is comparably softer than the stock rom.
    This could be because Samsung uses their soundalive technology (or library) to do some dynamic loudness enhancement.

Okay, to a possible workaround without soundalive.
    I haven't tried any of these since I usually use headset and I'm quite contented.
    A pair of good headset will make a difference. Teehee :)
    • Use some audio mod (viper4android or something)
    • Play around with the amplifier library.
    • Find a way to tweak some parameter that you can see when you run 'tinymix' in the root shell.
      Usually, the audio HAL sets these parameters automatically.
      You could try to play with these parameters when playing some thing to see:
      • which parameters affect the perceived loudness
      • how much value you can change before the sound becomes distorted
  4. Has anyone tested connecting through a WiFi 5 network (the one with 5GHz)?
    This device supports this but the overlay files said that it does not.
    config_wifi_dual_band_support is set to false.
    I haven't tested this out yet, if setting this to either false or true makes a difference in supporting 5GHz.
    The code seems to show that this flag is not being used at all.
  5. For some reason, when the powersaving mode has been enabled and disabled, the maximum cpu clocks stays at 900MHz.
    • When switching to Power Save, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq is set to 900Mhz
    • Then switching to Balanced, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq is still at 900Mhz
    • Finally, when switching to Performance, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq is now restored back to 1.6Ghz

Thank you for the elaborate review. About some of the basic stuff at the very beginning:
1. Miracast issues won’t be fixed because as you said AOSP dropped support for it and we don’t plan on bringing deprecated code back.
2. Volume steps won’t be changed they’ll remain at 15.
3. 4. I’ll check on this
5. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...age-os-17-1-for-a7-2016.4088187/post-83748661 If you’ve been reading the thread you’ll see that MTP and ADB work just fine for me (both simultaneously working)
6. I am fairly certain this is not supported because of the outdated hardware.

For all other device/kernel tree related issues I’d like for you to open a pull request in my personal git or push them as patchsets to https://review.lineageos.org.

And finally, 5GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi is supported out of the box as I use it every day.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. I'm curious about 2 things.
    Will there be a LineageOS 18.* build for this device?

Has someone experienced random system crashes specially when the GPS is used (e.g. LiveDisplay is set to Automatic and location is on; Google tries to access your GPS even if location is off)?
    I can provide a stack trace and a symbolized stack trace if that will help the developers.
    Yep. We have already made a lot of progress over the months and things are pretty stable now. We plan on releasing after we level out some more inconsistencies. Here are some screenshots though to keep you chugging along :D

About GPS, I am blind without a logcat. Googling how to get a logcat should help you get one from your device.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The port for the Exynos7580 based devices was created by @Stricted and I along with many contributions from other people in the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works
    Calls, SMS, Mobile Data​
    Camera​
    NFC​
    WiFi​
    Bluetooth​
    Torch​
    Sensors​
    GPS​
    HWC​
    What doesn't work
    IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.​
    You tell me!​

Known Issues
    If you are running the latest update and are not able to enroll a fingerprint you may need to clear the fingerprint data using this zip (flashable in TWRP): https://mega.nz/#!6YZV2QTY!hOYYwrbkTPfThUIJUffOEQWMosdCxeqy_7JdGpYp3AA

There are still quite a few features that are not yet completed for LineageOS 17.1, these are not bugs this is a beta release.
    Any hardware related issues will be ignored if you do not provide:
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Installation
    Install the latest TWRP (Available Here)​
    Make a full backup (just in case something goes wrong)​
    Do a full wipe (Cache, Data, System)​
    If this is your first time on a LineageOS ROM format data​
    Download the latest LOS build and transfer it to your phone​
    Install LOS​
    If you are installing GApps do it at the same time (preferably in the same install queue)​
    And finally boot, the first boot can take several minutes as it optimizes all the apps​
    Do NOT install the TWRP app when prompted, this will cause a bootloop
    Downloads
    Latest Official releases HERE
    OpenGapps HERE(ARM, 10, nano)
    TWRP is availableHERE
    Magisk is available HERE
    Thanks
    @l-0-w​
    @sekil
    @macs18max (BT call audio fix)​
    All the testers on the Discord group (https://discord.gg/8fp9cr7)​
    And all others who have contributed to the Exynos projects past and present.​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1 for A7 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
    Androbots, danwood76, Stricted
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7580

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock.
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Update frequency: Every week (Nightlies)
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Current Beta Version: 18.0

Created 2020-04-24
    android not boot. stop on bootanimation.
    not file for clean fingerprint a7 (2016).
    is file a5 (2016)

Yes same dude, im stop on bootanimation, before I installed and succeeded, when I wanted to install magisk ROM instead of bootloop, and I tried to install ROM again then stop the boot animation

Y'all might wanna redownload the ROM. I've updated the link yesterday forgot to post an update :D
    Hello. I'm curious about 2 things.
    Will there be a LineageOS 18.* build for this device?

Has someone experienced random system crashes specially when the GPS is used (e.g. LiveDisplay is set to Automatic and location is on; Google tries to access your GPS even if location is off)?
    I can provide a stack trace and a symbolized stack trace if that will help the developers.
    Yep. We have already made a lot of progress over the months and things are pretty stable now. We plan on releasing after we level out some more inconsistencies. Here are some screenshots though to keep you chugging along :D

About GPS, I am blind without a logcat. Googling how to get a logcat should help you get one from your device.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone